Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I dream it or did somebody on here have a crack at Archer?

Archer was shit tonight sorry. Torched the ball and dropped a few sitters. I trust him to learn from this.

Last edited:
Did I dream it or did somebody on here have a crack at Archer?
Made a couple of big, costly mistakes. But his overall game was fantastic. There are a few NM players that can learn from his energy and second efforts (PC I'm looking at you). Had my doubts early but I think he has already earned his place in this team.

Griff had a great first game back.
Dylan Stephens is considerably improved to a month ago.
Take Griffs mare kick in, Larkey playing on and coughing it up, Sonic McKercher slipping over all out and we would have been right in the finish.

With the bad umpiring in particular the last quarter when we looked like we would challenging, the were very good we would of gotten killed this time last year.

In a year or two we will be going into games expecting to win, just like in the 90s

If that’s the best from the second on the ladder, get along guys we are in for a ride.
LDU just kept standing up. He used to fall away but now he never gives up. Mental state is rock solid these days

We do everything possible to undo the effort getting the ball inside our forward 50.

It's criminal how badly we butcher the ball. Even our best users had a few moments.

Even the commentators were groaning with disgust and actually calling the BS calls and non-calls.
Riewoldt was making comments frequently about missed North frees that were obvious. Even Russell called out several, though he laughed at some. I only noticed one missed free in the other direction though (an obvious throws), and the commentary team didn't spot that thank goodness. They did at least gasp at a few that went Carlton's way that clearly weren't there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m happier with that game supporting the team that’s barely won in two years and fell short, than I would be if I supported the team that is meant to be quite good and barely held on. (They of course are very pleased with themselves.)

I’m walking away satisfied that last week was the aberration and we are on the right track and improving fast.
Couldn’t agree more. I was super worried about this game.

Carlton were playing for all important top 2 spot and we took it up to them.

It'll be nice when our default F50 entry isn't a long bomb to a pack 20 meters out. Its getting a bit old...

Aaaaanyways. Need to learn how to stand up when a team turns on the blowtorch around the contest. Plenty to like. Plenty to like.

My young 8 year old daughter was sitting up on level 3, we went to get some dinner at qtr time and came back and her footy card folder was gone…,
It was a small green pocket sized album.. full of her prized North signed cards and one of herself. She was our little Auskicker of the year last year, Flora.
She is upset atm😢. if anyone sees it please PM me.

This sucks, but long gone are the days where you can leave anything of value at your seat unattended while you go to the toilet or to get some food.

Really sorry this happened to you though :(

My young 8 year old daughter was sitting up on level 3, we went to get some dinner at qtr time and came back and her footy card folder was gone…,
It was a small green pocket sized album.. full of her prized North signed cards and one of herself. She was our little Auskicker of the year last year, Flora.
She is upset atm😢. if anyone sees it please PM me.
Wonder if the club would help you out with this, get the players to sign a few for her.

Last edited:
The signs of improvement are obvious, but we still look like a team not on the same page at times.

Late in the third we kick long to Xerri on the wing.

It’s 1 vs 3. I don’t have a problem with he kick to an out number because it was under pressure and it beats turning it over in the middle.

BUT

Xerri needs to understand you don’t have to mark it. If you don’t we are ****ed due to the out number.

Just punch it out of bounds ffs X.

Goddamn proud of our guys. Yeah we made our fair share of mistakes - but why are we the ones who have to have a clean sheet free of errors to even be a chance, whereas other teams get an armchair ride from the maggots?

This ain’t sour grapes, the sport is unwatchable and the boys are keeping me hanging on my a fingernail because of their efforts, not because I like the sport. I’m actually starting to hate it. I love North, I hate the AFL.

When are we gonna get real about the state of this game? It’s a farce.
Notice, you never ever see a person put their hand up for a job with the AFL who wants to simplify it and take it back to its essence. You’ll never get any ceo, Gil or otherwise, not want to complicate it or keep feeding the money making machine it’s become. There’s something rank about the way it’s always a yes man that comes in and adds to the absolute joke that it is… You’d think one day, there’d be a person who represents the general sentiment of the footy public wanting to give the fans what they want. But it never happens. Something is off.

A non free here, a missed free there - keep the big teams winning and the money rolling in.

For those playing at home, yes, this is a rant and I am pissed off. It’s not the free count, it’s when. It’s where. It’s if we’ve got momentum. Even the commentators were pleading for the maggots to have a feel for the game.

The Saad 50 was it for me. The fact that we had time, had a bit of momentum and it was taken again for a nothing free will not appear on any stats sheet. Reprehensible.

Sorry guys. I never feel like this after watching any other sport, including SANFL (which at this stage I consider a completely different game). And believe me, I’ve gone through some rubbish times with teams in other codes but I rarely, if ever, come away thinking the officials robbed us.

It happens too often with AFL. It’s a corrupt organisation and the maggots are the front line soldiers of the agenda of AFL house.

Just to reiterate - great effort, boys. But shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back