Autopsy Autopsy vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Add TT receiving as well, ooft
One silver lining has been JHF's basically been forced to play mostly mid before the original (assumed) timeframe, and shown he's not overawed or can't keep up with the pace of AFL. Will be interesting to see the field placements once we get anderson, thomas, phillips back, if JHF has maintained the rage.

The Cresswell debacle at the SCG (sadly there to witness it) & the great travesty that you reference in the West.
I have never seen anybody fall over like that before in my life. And how the on-field umpires allowed themselves to be decieved by what was one of the all-time lowest acts of cheating for a free in the history of Australian Rules football at any level is astounding. Even soccer players must have cringed at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty flat feeling. That was a game we had a real shot of winning (we won't have many of those this year), against a quality seasoned finals team on their deck, and we couldn't get it done.

Sigh..
Absolutely should've won today. Made some real basic disposal errors.

It is indicative of the lengths Sydney went to get home too. Lotta holding and blocking...

Pretty flat feeling. That was a game we had a real shot of winning (we won't have many of those this year), against a quality seasoned finals team on their deck, and we couldn't get it done.

Sigh..
I actually disagree. If we bring that effort every week we'll win alot more then we're expected to win

I don't mind losing. But I DO mind losing without knowing what was about to happen when Atu put that inside 50.

TBH, it's a good result all around. Team showed they have it in them. Loss doesn't harm the zero finals/flag prospects we have this year, but is chock full of good learnings and belief.

We are rebuilding from the midfield out.

And we had TT, Powell, Phillips, cunners and to a lesser extent Jed missing who are all best 22.

Strap yourselves in folks, it might be bumpy but it’s gonna be a good ride!!!
Who are the 5 mids from today who would be out to make room for those?

So many positives from today:
McKay on Buddy
JHF, everything
Flynn, clean and tough
LMac on a wing
Goldy
The captain leading out from FF
Jy, LDU and Hugh all had moments.
Tackling and pressure back at AFL standard

Boys ran out of puff but play like that for remainder of the year and we will set up next chapter perfectly.

There are more but that’s a start.

I wonder if the Pies will cop it for losing to a WAFL side……

I actually disagree. If we bring that effort every week we'll win alot more then we're expected to win

Yep. It's easy to focus on the result.

But what was more important than winning this week was proving we could hack it. Proving we could compete.

We did that. They walked off a bit taller than they walked on. That's all we needed.

Next week's task is to prove that we can do it without needing a recent 100 point loss to prove wrong.

That we can compete, just because. Because that's what North Melbourne does.

That's a big if. When was the last time we saw effort like that today? The WC win last year? that was 9 months ago.

I just hope the boys don't drop their heads and get doggie styled next week. I can't take another 21 goal loss to those mutts.

Gutsy effort after the shit show last weekend (I think I’m banning myself from games in QLD from now on…) and I thought we were incredibly unlucky not to get the 4 points. Just didn’t have the legs. Almost lost my you know what when JHF took that shot. Onwards and upwards! Wait until we get Anderson, TT, Cunners, Phillips and Powell later in the year - results will come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back