B Section 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skob are the poorer version of De La in A Section. All midfield, no KPP of any note. Their big men lack any prescence.

If they don't make A Section this year, they never will.

number2m.jpg

Week six kicked off with plenty of lively discussion initiated by Jascave, which unfolded without enmity delighting the highly credentialed independent assessor. He was also chuffed at the discipline of every contributor in not feeding the many aliased FFS sufferer. The more such sufferers are fed the more they return for scraps and the more the forum is subverted.

Another pleasing aspect to the insightful one was the spread of contributors which adds diversity to the pace setting VAFA forum. However, the unexplained absence of Plumber49, one of the forum sparks, disappointed the insightful one forcing him to reduce his rating. As did the cameos of the forum conscience and resident intellectual who is fast becoming a forum stranger. Surely there is more to Scribe's cameos than being miffed at the poor standard of cuisine at the Caulfield Grammarians cafeteria last Saturday week. These two re-appraisals have meant that Jascave is this weeks well deserved pre-eminent poster.

Of enormous comfort and pleasure to the highly credentialed independent assessor has been the bonhomie that has permeated the forum in recent times making it much more enjoyable and interesting to read. There is no better barometer than the opprobrious "Crap" category being cut to only the FFS sufferer.

But wait! Just as the forum was functioning with intelligent informed comment the insightful one received an urgent call from the Flog Alert Research Team (FART) to notify him they had sniffed a half-witted hayseed with remarkably similar posting style to the FFS sufferer, indicating he had returned to foul the forum air with yet another alias. It gladdened the assessors heart to see this pathetic attempt to disrupt the forum was quickly and appropriately consigned to the forum shit can. Forum 101 - never feed FFS sufferers.

Play on

There were some more interesting results this week, and with possibly only Hampton starting to drop off , we now have 7 sides right in the mix.
My observation from yesterday is that more questions were raised than answered.
I would have expected Blacks to put MHSOB away by more. Next week may decide if they are still a genuine threat, with a home match against the surging Old Carey. At the same time i note Weatherly, Fragiocomo, and Greer were all missing from the OI outift, so that result may be a little skewed, and OC may not be as good as some are touting.OH continue to look strong, with Voss in outstanding form, and STB's are a enigma that are possibly the best going around on their day, but have a few 'Hyde' moments, one of which was a narrow escape yesterday. Was too much written of Oakleigh's missing players? Time will tell. Are St Kevins good enough? Well they now have a few missing, and it will be interesting to see if they can hold on until these return. As mentioned a few of their bigs need to pick up their game with some starting to hit 'overrated' status.

Early Tips
Rovers to stay in touch just
Carey to become the third top side to be knocked off in a row, as Blacks continue their resurgence.
OH to top the ladder at the end of the round
Weatherley in for OI, Coughlan for SKOBS, hmm, home side.
Oakleigh and Bernards are two of the harder sides to read. The Krushers were better last week , so they may hold the edge at home

which will give us
OH
SKOBS
Oakleigh
all a game clear of
OC
OI
UB
SB

a game clear of
HR
miles ahead of
MHSOB gawn
OE gawn

Then we see OC take on OH at home the following week. I am looking for four ladder leaders to lose in four weeks with that one if the results go my way this week!!!!!

From what I saw yesterday you can put St Kevin's in the 'not good enough' category. When the heat was on they went missing, OH were all over them, very disappointing. They need some serious work on their defence and manning up, too many loose blokes all game.
Old Carey and OH would have to be favorites at the moment.

geez briza you jump off early. eight more scoring shots. you (so you said in a pre-game post) were without coughlan and dowd. appears from the outside to have been a reasonably creditable effort. kick straighter, add those 2 stars and better control vossy and you're home.

well done to the krushers on a well deserved win. it could be a costly loss for the rovers the final 4 push.

what qualifications do i need to become a member of f.a.r.t, watchful?:D

geez briza you jump off early. eight more scoring shots. you (so you said in a pre-game post) were without coughlan and dowd. appears from the outside to have been a reasonably creditable effort. kick straighter, add those 2 stars and better control vossy and you're home.

well done to the krushers on a well deserved win. it could be a costly loss for the rovers the final 4 push.

what qualifications do i need to become a member of f.a.r.t, watchful?:D

both coughlan and dowd played...according to the vafa website

st kevins problem is simple....they dont have a backman that is over 6ft tall

EP will suit their style of play imo

i wouldn't be jumping off anyone bar the bottom two just yet

unbelieveable to have so many teams equal top...

what is even harder to understand is OEG's demise
there were hardly any supporters there at all yesterday
just cant understand how they can go from being so good to so bad in so many ways

credit has to go to oakleigh... wernt given much of a chance by most and are proving themselves as a genuine threat.

the race to the finals will be a battle of attrition me thinks

play on

ps: very well officiated on satfy OTP.... didn't put a foot wrong all day

Murph, Dowd did not play. Voss kicked goals from 60 out on the boundary, absolute freak show!!!

BB not jumping off my lads by any stretch, never would, OH were more composed and kicked out of their arse, at one stage 12.3 in the mud and wind, amazing effort. Pluggs was great all day, just didnt have the manpower after being 2 down in the first quarter and not kicking straight.

SKOB unearthed a very talented lad yesterday, just wish Chard was still out on the park.

both coughlan and dowd played...according to the vafa website

st kevins problem is simple....they dont have a backman that is over 6ft tall

EP will suit their style of play imo

i wouldn't be jumping off anyone bar the bottom two just yet

unbelieveable to have so many teams equal top...

what is even harder to understand is OEG's demise
there were hardly any supporters there at all yesterday
just cant understand how they can go from being so good to so bad in so many ways

credit has to go to oakleigh... wernt given much of a chance by most and are proving themselves as a genuine threat.

the race to the finals will be a battle of attrition me thinks

play on

Wonderfull to hear all the concern about OEG lack of support.Most of the supporters were upstairs in the warm,after a lunch of 70 people.
Terrific game and Bernards just too strong in last 10 mins or so.As far as support both sides looked about even!
Bernard supporters were very apologetic for remarks alledgingly made by one of their own group.Any grade OEG will survive same as St Bedes and many others.

Murph, Dowd did not play. Voss kicked goals from 60 out on the boundary, absolute freak show!!!

BB not jumping off my lads by any stretch, never would, OH were more composed and kicked out of their arse, at one stage 12.3 in the mud and wind, amazing effort. Pluggs was great all day, just didnt have the manpower after being 2 down in the first quarter and not kicking straight.

SKOB unearthed a very talented lad yesterday, just wish Chard was still out on the park.

Your a stirer Briza. If Dowd didnt play then his twin was running around in his jumper. Dowd left the field early in the second quarter with concussion and didnt return. Cant recall Vossy kicking any from the boundary. Most were from strong marks in front. Plugga is a super player. Unbelievable change from what I recall of him a few years ago. Young kid up forward (85) was impressive but STK looked like they are a few talls short at the moment. Dont know who they have to return but they need some height quickly.
Great comp, every game is a danger game which keeps the boys on their toes....

Good one Max, well said.
Yep you can store SOCA (as not Oakleigh) in the reject box with other impersonators that have come on here - Captain Krusher, GetOverIt, Melb High Grad, etc etc Ivan the Hoe.

But having said that I don't think SOCA was even a good attempt -sounds like he doesn't even follow B Grade.

Regarding today, it was nice to get back and square the ledger (1 win each club for 2010 v Rovers) and make up somewhat for the Round 4 caning we got. A close win for us last week against a fired up MHSOB, was probably similar to what St Bernards found today with Old Essendon in their local derby. It's such a tough grade "B" - no easy games. A tipsters nightmare.

PS: What's a dorgan?

OOB

your a joke mr fakeboy. if you are part of us you would know how much we wanted this last thursday. get up next thursday and introduce ya self. sat was about revenge from 1st round, lock in finals and get rid of another prima dona district side. those blue and sh*t brown are heading for d section next few years and those loud mouth drovers the same. everything else here does not worry the tribe. oh ah!

Krushers are the real deal ,A Grade awaits.

Your a stirer Briza. If Dowd didnt play then his twin was running around in his jumper. Dowd left the field early in the second quarter with concussion and didnt return. Cant recall Vossy kicking any from the boundary. Most were from strong marks in front. Plugga is a super player. Unbelievable change from what I recall of him a few years ago. Young kid up forward (85) was impressive but STK looked like they are a few talls short at the moment. Dont know who they have to return but they need some height quickly.
Great comp, every game is a danger game which keeps the boys on their toes....
Good pickup re Dowdy but it was early in the first. Would have been a little closer had he played, and having Wissell already out just compounded the issue.

I would drive a million miles to watch Vossy play, how good were his switches of play off one foot heading in the opposite direction, unbelievable.

SKOB have a few talls out but no excuses, a bit of time left to get them back in.

your a joke mr fakeboy. if you are part of us you would know how much we wanted this last thursday. get up next thursday and introduce ya self. sat was about revenge from 1st round, lock in finals and get rid of another prima dona district side. those blue and sh*t brown are heading for d section next few years and those loud mouth drovers the same. everything else here does not worry the tribe. oh ah!

Krushers are the real deal ,A Grade awaits.
I really hope you are not part of Oakleigh, you are an embarrassment, surely no one could be that stupid, GetOverIt reincarnated? Notice GOI has a red card.

Re: B Section Amateur Football

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardio Carl
12th December 2007, 21:57 #8 BrianSpeaking
BigFooty Member

St Kilda
Other Teams: LA Lakers

Re: VAFA Umpires
I am quite clearly the greatest umpire in the history of VAFA football. My 5 A Section Grand Finals are testament to that, and the fact that I awarded myself 5 Jock Nelson medals proves that no one comes even close to me. I was and still am, the only umpire in radio history to found and host his own radio show and I(unfortunately) made Tom ''Crownies2" Brain the man and mega star, as well as alchoholic, that he is today!
If I had to name another umpire that has been nearly as good as me, it would have to be Chris Donlan, one of my VAFA protigee's(is that how you spell it?) who has gone from B Section reserves to AFL field umpire, followed by Kevin "Chilli" Segota.
Somewhere in there as the worst umpires in history would be a draw between the Caulfield 2007, Old Scotch 2005 and OMs 2006 reserves field umpires...
By the way, I will instruct my VAFAUA Umpires to make sure that Hampton Rovers go 0-18 this year.

Too many imposters in China......China!

Cardio this obsession with Brian isn't healthy - lighten up. You are reminding me a bit of Kevin07 at the moment. Originally, everyone looked forward to what you had to say, you had enthusiasm, you never had a crack at anyone but now........

A post back from 08 - Now I dont like to blow my own trumpet, but its a bit of a coincidence that both these fellows (Rudd & Cardio) went missing this week!!!
Birdie - I am glad Plugger is now getting the kudos from opp. teams, if only we had 5 of him -as we all know we need some friggin height! Thoughts on Chisolm? Absolutley killed us and then let himself down with a stupid act in the last qtr. Iam sure all at OH are disappointed with that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonderfull to hear all the concern about OEG lack of support.Most of the supporters were upstairs in the warm,after a lunch of 70 people.
Terrific game and Bernards just too strong in last 10 mins or so.As far as support both sides looked about even!
Bernard supporters were very apologetic for remarks alledgingly made by one of their own group.Any grade OEG will survive same as St Bedes and many others.

70 at the lunch is great...but wind back the clock to 08 at windy hill...wouldve been 2000 people there... wouldn't have been 200 there yesterday

Tutto, you have tooooo much time on your hand!

Chisholm was a bit strange, especially targeting one of the smallest on the field, he must have had a brain explosion.

Re OEG, as we all know, when you lose no-one wants to go and watch, especially a team that has won one game since 2008, they need to be wary of the dreaded double drop. It's happened to all of us before and that's why the VAFA system of relegating 2 is excellent.

B Grade has got my interest this year.....or should i say Premier B (i'm old school) Fantastic comp brewing (or been brewed). A Grade quite boring this year. Did some investigation at work this arvo as bored and not busy.
Make of it as you will.
Have listed the most influential at the clubs - some mistakes i'm sure. Correct me if i'm wrong and have stated whether they played yesterday:

Hampton
Fletcher - Yes
Devereaux - Y
Semmell - Y
Corp - Y
Robbins - Y
Martyn - Y
Gleeson - Y
Summary - Full book!

Oakleigh
Harold – Y
Kitts – Y
Bromley – Y
Derks-Revere N
Rutter – Y
Edwards – N
Barrand – Y
Summary – don’t know them well enough as i’ve always follow A and B grade but i’m told they’re even across the board. Correct me if i’m wrong.

Old Carey
Howat – Y
Baldwin – Y
Rowe – Y
Evans – Y
McQueen-Mis – Y
Ried – Y
Freemantle – Y (back!)
Parton – Y
Summary – Full book. These 8 would be in the Mike Sheehams best 50 in the comp and are very influential. No wonder they’re flying!

Old Ivanhoe
Weatherley – N
Greer – N
Low – Y
Curatolo – Y
Butler – Y
Fragiacomo – N
Delmonte – N
Summary – missing 4 guns including Weatherly, Greer and Delmonte. No wonder they only kicked 5 goals.

SKOBS
Simpson – Y
Dowd – Y
Coughlan – Y
Lynch – Y
Bishop – Y
Wissell – N
Charles – Y
Chard – N
Mahoney – Y
Williams – Y
Summary – like Carey, they have 6-8 that would be in the best 50 in the comp. Awesome midfield but need Chard as a target. Maybe no Dowd, no SKOBS!

Old Haileybury
Voss – Y
Brown – Y
Roberts – Y
McLaughlin – Y
Siapantas – Y
Erikson – N
Chisholm – Y
Ford – N
Douglas – Y
Summary – Big surprise yesterday. Need Ford back to be a real threat though.

Uni Blacks
Lacey - Y
Loxley - Y
Costello – Y
Robbins – Y
Richardson – Y
Pitt – Y
Foster – Y
Bolton – N
Summary – Have missed Bolton’s leadership and ability

St Bernards
Overman – Y
Madden – N
Angel – Y
Byrne – Y
Mitchell – Y
Caven – Y
Liberatore – Y

Nb. This is one blokes opinion so feel free to criticise. Some clubs i haven’t seen and have just gone by the stats (number of times in the best) and by other people’s word.

As i said, make of it as you wish but i feel the FSI is so important at amateur level.

I keep waiting for this competition to open up a bit but 6 teams on 28 points makes it pretty hard to pick a top for. Going to be 2 very stiff teams to miss out on what will be a ripping finals series. A tipstars nightmare!

Hailerbury great win against St Kevs, i wasnt convinced when i saw them earlier this year but last few weeks they have been good. I have a question though... do clubs tag Voss and he is just too good and gets away or do clubs resign themselves to the fact there is no point wasting a player when Voss will dominate anyway?

A big win for Carey, granted the hoers were missing a couple of their best forwards and the big ruckman but do you think it would of made a heap of difference, the ball didn't get inside their forward 50 until the last quarter when the game was gone?

Oakleigh for mine would have to be the surprise of the year, no one rated them at all pre season and they continually play well without having out and out stars like skevs, carey and the bloods. hard at the ball, hard at the man i like the way they go about it, nothing flash jsut get the job done.

this week a number of 8 point games again and its shaping up as another belter of a round!

B Grade has got my interest this year.....or should i say Premier B (i'm old school) Fantastic comp brewing (or been brewed). A Grade quite boring this year. Did some investigation at work this arvo as bored and not busy.
Make of it as you will.
Have listed the most influential at the clubs - some mistakes i'm sure. Correct me if i'm wrong and have stated whether they played yesterday:

Hampton
Fletcher - Yes
Devereaux - Y
Semmell - Y
Corp - Y
Robbins - Y
Martyn - Y
Gleeson - Y
Summary - Full book!

Oakleigh
Harold – Y
Kitts – Y
Bromley – Y
Derks-Revere N
Rutter – Y
Edwards – N
Barrand – Y
Summary – don’t know them well enough as i’ve always follow A and B grade but i’m told they’re even across the board. Correct me if i’m wrong.

Old Carey
Howat – Y
Baldwin – Y
Rowe – Y
Evans – Y
McQueen-Mis – Y
Ried – Y
Freemantle – Y (back!)
Parton – Y
Summary – Full book. These 8 would be in the Mike Sheehams best 50 in the comp and are very influential. No wonder they’re flying!

Old Ivanhoe
Weatherley – N
Greer – N
Low – Y
Curatolo – Y
Butler – Y
Fragiacomo – N
Delmonte – N
Summary – missing 4 guns including Weatherly, Greer and Delmonte. No wonder they only kicked 5 goals.

SKOBS
Simpson – Y
Dowd – Y
Coughlan – Y
Lynch – Y
Bishop – Y
Wissell – N
Charles – Y
Chard – N
Mahoney – Y
Williams – Y
Summary – like Carey, they have 6-8 that would be in the best 50 in the comp. Awesome midfield but need Chard as a target. Maybe no Dowd, no SKOBS!

Old Haileybury
Voss – Y
Brown – Y
Roberts – Y
McLaughlin – Y
Siapantas – Y
Erikson – N
Chisholm – Y
Ford – N
Douglas – Y
Summary – Big surprise yesterday. Need Ford back to be a real threat though.

Uni Blacks
Lacey - Y
Loxley - Y
Costello – Y
Robbins – Y
Richardson – Y
Pitt – Y
Foster – Y
Bolton – N
Summary – Have missed Bolton’s leadership and ability

St Bernards
Overman – Y
Madden – N
Angel – Y
Byrne – Y
Mitchell – Y
Caven – Y
Liberatore – Y

Nb. This is one blokes opinion so feel free to criticise. Some clubs i haven’t seen and have just gone by the stats (number of times in the best) and by other people’s word.

As i said, make of it as you wish but i feel the FSI is so important at amateur level.
Great summary. Dowd will be back, not so sure about Chard or Ford. Add Huf to old Carey, super pick up for them this year, didnt play Saturday.

Great summary. Dowd will be back, not so sure about Chard or Ford. Add Huf to old Carey, super pick up for them this year, didnt play Saturday.

I agree.

Gotta love "The Huf" - a great addition. :thumbsu:
Also gotta love the even-ness of Premier B.

Most exciting division in the competition by a long way.

number2m.jpg

Week six kicked off with plenty of lively discussion initiated by Jascave, which unfolded without enmity delighting the highly credentialed independent assessor. He was also chuffed at the discipline of every contributor in not feeding the many aliased FFS sufferer. The more such sufferers are fed the more they return for scraps and the more the forum is subverted.

Another pleasing aspect to the insightful one was the spread of contributors which adds diversity to the pace setting VAFA forum. However, the unexplained absence of Plumber49, one of the forum sparks, disappointed the insightful one forcing him to reduce his rating. As did the cameos of the forum conscience and resident intellectual who is fast becoming a forum stranger. Surely there is more to Scribe's cameos than being miffed at the poor standard of cuisine at the Caulfield Grammarians cafeteria last Saturday week. These two re-appraisals have meant that Jascave is this weeks well deserved pre-eminent poster.

Of enormous comfort and pleasure to the highly credentialed independent assessor has been the bonhomie that has permeated the forum in recent times making it much more enjoyable and interesting to read. There is no better barometer than the opprobrious "Crap" category being cut to only the FFS sufferer.

But wait! Just as the forum was functioning with intelligent informed comment the insightful one received an urgent call from the Flog Alert Research Team (FART) to notify him they had sniffed a half-witted hayseed with remarkably similar posting style to the FFS sufferer, indicating he had returned to foul the forum air with yet another alias. It gladdened the assessors heart to see this pathetic attempt to disrupt the forum was quickly and appropriately consigned to the forum shit can. Forum 101 - never feed FFS sufferers.

Play on

Troll.

Which game did you think he was officiating at? It was a long way from Essendon and much colder.;)

Koff. Splutter. I'm smaller and hairier than Jellybean, who was at OE. As Ammo Man says, I was a long way away and much colder - although I didn't put a foot wrong all day either!

Sutting here in cold, pussing down New Plymouth. Ran liss then fufty metres to the car end got my suit udderly soaked.

Koff. Splutter. I'm smaller and hairier than Jellybean, who was at OE. As Ammo Man says, I was a long way away and much colder - although I didn't put a foot wrong all day either!

Sutting here in cold, pussing down New Plymouth. Ran liss then fufty metres to the car end got my suit udderly soaked.

Whip down and get some fush-n-chups. That should warm you up.:D

Now to really test you. Fill it out honestly.:p

umpydumpy.jpg

Chard has retired after ruining his shoulder earlier this year. From the horses mouth two weeks ago. He couldn't be happier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back