B Section 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
good to see the banter is still alive and well, been away for work and still away, but thought i would jump on quickly. Although it's tough to say being a local rival, massive pats on the back to those Oakleigh fella's, they just keep winning, big effort coming up and sitting equal top.

Well done to our boys, big test next week away against SB who are coming off a loss.

GOI - i can assure you UM doesn't have the expertise to trace an IP address, so to post his apparent address is pretty ordinary. Back to footy!

Oakleigh for me has been the surprise of the season to date. Considering this is their first time at this high level-Premier B-the way the Krushers have adapted to this level of football is impressive. It will be interesting to see if the Krushers can continue this run of good form.

I need to post here to stop the Hampton love fest! Oakleigh have been terrific, it's hard coming up a grade and surviving let alone winning 8 out of 12, bloody amazing effort.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I would have to say Uni Blacks have been the most disappointing team, we all knew OEG were stuffed so they don't count. UB had huge expectations this year and seem to have dropped away.
Another great round of matches coming up next week again.

And what makes Oakleigh's performance all the more impressive is that not too many teams can make the jump from C to B and be in the top 5 teams in their first crack at this level. Normally teams that have been promoted from Premier C (or in the old level-C Section) usually struggle to come to terms with the pace and the high standard of footy at this level, yet Oakleigh have adapted extremely well-in fact, far better than what most VAFA pundits predicted at the start of the year.

Congrats to vafa for changing 2 umpiring system to three umpires as they did at HR today.I only waited for first half and thought 3 umpires was a little extravagent for all A and B section.
To my surprise OB v Old Melb.only had 2 field umpires.Perhaps one got lost ?????

Congrats to vafa for changing 2 umpiring system to three umpires as they did at HR today.I only waited for first half and thought 3 umpires was a little extravagent for all A and B section.
To my surprise OB v Old Melb.only had 2 field umpires.Perhaps one got lost ?????

I was surprised too to see that the VAFA went for the 3 umpire system in today's game at Boss James Reserve for the Rovers v OEG instead of the usual 2 umpire system, but I thought the umpires did OK.

He certainly kept a very low profile at Boss James yesterday after his performance on Big Footy earlier in the season! ;)

Was out at St Kevs to see a very solid win for SKOBs. Ivanhoe were obviously missing a few but so is everybody by this stage.

Thought the Ivanhoe forwards looked dangerous throughout while the St Kevs midfield lead magnificently by Dowd and Plugger were immense.

Would love to hear other thoughts but thought the game turned when number 2 for Ivanhoe missed a simply set shot after showing his opponent the ball. Dont reckon he'll use that move again!!!

On another note, since when did the ammos other gloves?? Both key forwards for Ivanhoe were wearing them as was the ruckman for OEG. Bad look I reckon.

Was out at St Kevs to see a very solid win for SKOBs. Ivanhoe were obviously missing a few but so is everybody by this stage.

Thought the Ivanhoe forwards looked dangerous throughout while the St Kevs midfield lead magnificently by Dowd and Plugger were immense.

Would love to hear other thoughts but thought the game turned when number 2 for Ivanhoe missed a simply set shot after showing his opponent the ball. Dont reckon he'll use that move again!!!

On another note, since when did the ammos other gloves?? Both key forwards for Ivanhoe were wearing them as was the ruckman for OEG. Bad look I reckon.

I was there as well, and loved the banter between the "soaked" SKOBs crowd up in the top tiers (I think I could spot a bigfooty poster or two;))and the Ivanhoe forwards, Tremellen and DelMonte. Think the turning point was a lot more subtle than what you mention but I guess its easy to pitch when you're "over the fence". By the way, what number was Coughlan wearing yesterday? I was looking for him everywhere. :(

dder.jpg

Week seven commenced on a positive note with vaffaman kicking things off with two thought provoking posts leading to some lively entertaining discussion which impressed the highly credentialed independent assessor. In fact, the insightful one felt this had the portent to be the most productive week in terms of content and readability and was jubilant that another incarnation of the FFS sufferer to disrupt the forum was entirely ignored and dispatched quickly via a Red Card to the forum rubbish bin. Then the let-downs came. The one person who the assessor thought would be the last to be duped was the first to fall hook line and sinker and to one of the FFS sufferers well known nom de plumes - not only once either. Just what the forums resident intellectual was thinking is beyond the insightful one. The assessor felt such folly warranted marking Scribe down. Then, on Friday, one or two others fell in too, the most surprising of whom was a seasoned forum performer in Uncle Mick. Once again the highly credentialed independent assessor has asked me to remind the forum faithful that the way to handle FFS sufferers is to starve them of oxygen by ignoring them. Just don't take the bait.

To the highly credentialed independent assessors chagrin he has been placed in a position he had hoped he would never be placed in. Six consecutive weeks of Crap comments requires the issuing of a Dunces Hat. So it is a melancholy assessor who has no alternative but to issue the first Dunces Hat to the FFS sufferer.

The insightful one understands the reasons for the absence of a member of the forums engine room who was in New Zuland working. He looks forward to the return of OTP and to contributions aplenty this week. However, the absence of a star performer in Plumber49 and the reliable Local Footy has the insightful one perplexed. As does the lack of effort from a once dependable contributor in Cubzy who is not getting nearly enough of the forum ball. On the positive side, the increased output from Max Leader, MurphysLaw and Brian Speaking lifted his spirits resulting in rating upgrades.

Jascave's input fell away a little during the week and so it was left to a relatively new contributor in vaffaman to assume the mantle of the forum driving force and as such has zoomed to leadership this week in his first appearance in the Watchlist. A truly sterling performance.

After a strong start to the week the forum deteriorated into a battle of wits between some seasoned forum contributors and an unarmed opponent by weeks end. The insightful one hopes to see more discipline in the forthcoming week.

Play on.

A couple of games each week are being trialled with three umpires to get everyone used to it before finals.

What were you doing at the Junction today KB?

Enjoyed the first half of Oeg/Rovers, however ventured to the junction to see my old school side for a change.Three umps,everybody on their best behaviour and the game played in good spirit, the bluff road ground in poor nick,needs some work on it.Oeg decimated with injury generally tried hard,rovers seemed a bit quicker and more direct.

I was there as well, and loved the banter between the "soaked" SKOBs crowd up in the top tiers (I think I could spot a bigfooty poster or two;))and the Ivanhoe forwards, Tremellen and DelMonte. Think the turning point was a lot more subtle than what you mention but I guess its easy to pitch when you're "over the fence". By the way, what number was Coughlan wearing yesterday? I was looking for him everywhere. :(

Was quite funny, especially when we were giving it to number 8 only for him to put it through from the boundary!!! The angry bald Ivanhoe supporter was quick to point out how good the goal was.

Its easy to pitch at anytime. Which was the point I was making...much harder to take marks, kick goals and rack up posses!!! Not sure about the last question.. are you suggesting he was a quiet or joking cos he rack up contested ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gloves have always been permitted for medical reasons, ie split webs and broken fingers etc.
Both IO players were wearing for that exact reason.
In the last two years the Ammos lifted the restriction, allowing anyone and everyone to wear them.

Well, what a round of football we've got coming up next week. All games could have a large bearing on how the ladder would look at the end of Round 18.

For example:

Old Carey v Old Haileybury-top of the ladder game. Possible 2nd semi final match-up.
Old Ivanhoe v Uni Blacks-OI wanting to break back into 4 against Uni Blacks who need to win to keep season alive.
Old Essendon v MHSOB-The battle for the Premier B wooden spoon.
St Bernards v Hampton Rovers-Rovers need to win this to be any chance of playing finals; Snowdogs needs to win to get into the 4 and hope for other results to go their way.
Oakleigh v St Kevins-3rd v 4th-Finals berth await the winner.

Coggs wore his old Tiges number, 24, it worked a treat too!

David King is 38 and hasn't played for 5 years, what a joke. I'm sure all of the other clubs would be rubbing their hands together at the thought of him playing.

Enjoyed the first half of Oeg/Rovers, however ventured to the junction to see my old school side for a change.Three umps,everybody on their best behaviour and the game played in good spirit, the bluff road ground in poor nick,needs some work on it.Oeg decimated with injury generally tried hard,rovers seemed a bit quicker and more direct.

What was the umpiring like at the Junction? Not just the fieldies.:p

I understand David King played in the twos for Old Carey at the weekend. Ones this week?

David King is 38 and hasn't played for 5 years, what a joke. I'm sure all of the other clubs would be rubbing their hands together at the thought of him playing.

Doesnt appear on the teamlist Ammo. BS a 240 game premiership player should never be underestimated

Doesnt appear on the teamlist Ammo. BS a 240 game premiership player should never be underestimated

I'm going on what Tom Brain said this morning. Apparently the connection with Carey is that he has a sporting role at the school. Tom would never mislead anyone, um, would he?

Full strength Indicator:
Y indicates if they played yesterday.

Hampton
Fletcher - Y
Devereaux - Y
Semmell - Y
Corp - Y
Robbins - Y
Martyn - Y
Gleeson – Y
Ward – Y
Curry – Y

Oakleigh
Harold – Y
Kitts – Y
Bromley – Y
Derks-Revere - N
Rutter – Y
Edwards – N
Barrand – Y
Hogan - Y

Old Carey
Howat – Y
Baldwin – Y
Rowe – Y
Evans – Y
McQueen-Mis – Y
Ried – Y
Freemantle – Y
Parton – Y
Huf – N
Virtue – N

Old Ivanhoe
Weatherley – N
Greer – N
Low – Y
Curatolo – N
N.Butler – Y
Fragiacomo – Y
Delmonte – Y

SKOBS
Simpson – N
Dowd – Y
Coughlan – Y
Lynch – Y
Bishop – Y
Wissell – N
Charles – Y
Chard – N
Mahoney – Y
Williams – Y

Old Haileybury
Voss – N
Brown – Y
Roberts – Y
McLaughlin – N
Siapantas – Y
Erikson – N
Chisholm – N
Ford – N
Douglas – Y

Uni Blacks
Lacey - Y
Loxley - Y
Costello – Y
Robbins – Y
Richardson – Y
Pitt – Y
Foster – Y
Bolton – Y
Kosch – Y

St Bernards
Overman – Y
Madden – N
Angel – Y
Byrne – Y
Mitchell – N
Caven – Y
Liberatore – Y
Singleton – Y
Jones – Y

Read into it what you will.
Those with limited injuries include, Old Carey, Hampton and Uni Blacks.
Those carrying a few include Old Ivanhoe and Old Haileybury.

b1012.gif

Don't blame me for the shrinkage, BigFooty is doing it. Right-click and open in a new window for full size.

Ammo man, umpiring at the Junction was utterly impeccable. Brighton reserves behind the goals hated me for letting the ball trickle along the line before hitting the pads, but I didn't invent rule 12.1.3(d). OB haven't forgiven me for R5 in 2008 yet, so it didn't really affect their opinion either way.

And to ice it all, after umpiring the 14s in a huge win this morning I got to sit in my car and let the horn salute every nail in the St Bernards U12s coffin as Old Westbourne finished the Snowdogs' somewhat forgettable weekend with m'boy making a rare foray out of the backline to kick 1-1. :)

What was the umpiring like at the Junction? Not just the fieldies.:p

Umpiring at junction seemed ok.At rovers 3 umpires[field] did not appear to make much difference.One umpire kept screaming at players at every time the ball was in his territory.[dont hold etc]Apart from the big hr ruckman dropping a shoulder and felling a kid half his size as he ran to the interchange no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back