Bell just has to go

Remove this Banner Ad

No way in this world Bell will be traded.

And another thing, AFL is No. 1, I'd recommend you read what Bailey has to say before making statements like "we should go after Kerr" when he's already stated that there's no chance in hell we'll be going after him.

Dear Juve Rule...yes you are correct. Although Kerr would be great to have, ( he is still only 24 ) we simply can't afford him . Remember that we have been instructed by the AFL to pay only 90% of the Salary Cap if we are to qualify for another AFL handout, which we deperately need. ( By the way , did you realise that the Demons in 2007 was the highest paying club...even paid its players more than the Premiership winning Cats of 2007? ) Go figure.

And yes..Dean Bailey has now indicated a youth policy for 2009 and beyond. In any case, we really have no choice because of our $$$ predicament i.e we need to save mega $$$ to have the club stay afloat. So going for the young blokes is not just good planning going forward, but will save us $$$ in the next 3 years at least. We just need to be patient for the next 3-5 years as we have a long road ahead.

Dear Juve Rule...yes you are correct. Although Kerr would be great to have, ( he is still only 24 ) we simply can't afford him . Remember that we have been instructed by the AFL to pay only 90% of the Salary Cap if we are to qualify for another AFL handout, which we deperately need. ( By the way , did you realise that the Demons in 2007 was the highest paying club...even paid its players more than the Premiership winning Cats of 2007? ) Go figure.

And yes..Dean Bailey has now indicated a youth policy for 2009 and beyond. In any case, we really have no choice because of our $$$ predicament i.e we need to save mega $$$ to have the club stay afloat. So going for the young blokes is not just good planning going forward, but will save us $$$ in the next 3 years at least. We just need to be patient for the next 3-5 years as we have a long road ahead.

** your posts have been less negative towards the team, and guess what? Everyone has stopped calling you names and asking for you to be banned...**

Anyway just a few errors I though I'd correct, we were the highest paid team yes, but that was due to a large amount of injury payments and being forced to play players who get match payments, such as rookies.
A player like jace bode probably earned another 10-20k on top of his contract due to playing games off the rookie list.

And we only have to be under 92.5% not 90% next year, a team has to pay at least 90% of the salary cap.
Getting under 92.5% shouldn't be too difficult however as the people retiring this year would easily be over 10% of our cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bell just has to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back