Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Good shout, very exciting prospect.
I agree. I still see his first game in my brain.

He needs to be in asap next year
Said it in the Peel thread but his WAFL numbers are going under the radar a bit, his last month has been very promising and a preseason in the gym where his tackles will work against AFL players will make a big difference.

Said it in the Peel thread but his WAFL numbers are going under the radar a bit, his last month has been very promising and a preseason in the gym where his tackles will work against AFL players will make a big difference.
Team has wasted some talent at Peel and reserves. A wasted year when a few could have played several AFL games.
Davies showed enough to even replace an injury interrupted Cox.
Simpson deserved more than a sub game.
Reidy proved a point. Erasmus deserved a chance as that forward/mid.
Brody is out the door for whatever reason?
Knobel is too good for reserves footy and will be better than Jackson in the forward
ruck role.
All of these guys besides Brody will be AFL players, can somebody let the club know?

This makes me so angry haha

Banners has multiple players free inside fifty directly in front of goals but instead of kicking to them handballs to Jackson who has 3 players around him.

Its these moments that lose games, dumb decisions instead of clutch. Banners has zero confidence, like when he handballed to freddy in a worse position in front of goals instead of taking the shot, thankfully freddy nailed it then but its a big problem, he needs to be dropped.

Banners has multiple players free inside fifty directly in front but instead of kicking to them handballs to Jackson who has 3 players around him.

Its these moments that lose games, dumb decisions instead of clutch.

The fact that he did all that and then didn’t even put on a block. Seriously at times it looked like he was trying to throw the game

Good morning Docker Fans,
Very rare for me to post but I saw something yesterday that infuriated me and it was not during the game. It was before the bounce, Hogan ran down to the goal square and took his position.
Hogan the leading goal kicker in the AFL.
Dockers fighting to stay in finals contention.
Cox mans him up and what does Cox do ......?
He gives Hogan a cuddle!!!
If Hogan kicks straight in Q1 he has 5.
Cox should be given a rocket.
The coach should tear strips off him.
Unacceptable attitude, and I hate to admit about my team but..... soft.
We need to harden up as a club.

The fact that he did all that and then didn’t even put on a block. Seriously at times it looked like he was trying to throw the game

It gets worse every time you watch it, you are right no block either, I think its because all he has in his brain is panic about who to give the ball to so its not him making a decision, as soon as he handballs his mind is probably just blank feeling relief.

Banners has multiple players free inside fifty directly in front but instead of kicking to them handballs to Jackson who has 3 players around him.

Its these moments that lose games, dumb decisions instead of clutch.

All this proves is that size doesn’t matter if you can stick tackles.
These type of plays lift the whole team and it becomes infectious to a teams
intent.

Very rare for me to post but I saw something yesterday that infuriated me and it was not during the game. It was before the bounce, Hogan ran down to the goal square and took his position.
God forbid a player greets their mate. That cuddle was literally the least of our problems.

Players shake hands with their oppo before literally every single game

It gets worse every time you watch it, you are right no block either, I think its because all he has in his brain is panic about who to give the ball to so its not him making a decision, as soon as he handballs his mind is probably just blank feeling relief.
It wasn’t even the only time in the game too where he had multiple easy options to take on rebound and panicked. His decision making has been awful for the past 8 weeks.

Team has wasted some talent at Peel and reserves. A wasted year when a few could have played several AFL games.
Davies showed enough to even replace an injury interrupted Cox.
Simpson deserved more than a sub game.
Reidy proved a point. Erasmus deserved a chance as that forward/mid.
Brody is out the door for whatever reason?
Knobel is too good for reserves footy and will be better than Jackson in the forward
ruck role.
All of these guys besides Brody will be AFL players, can somebody let the club know?

Knobel is better than Jackson?!! We don’t have a “development spot”. We are in contention for finals. We play what we think is our best 23. No coach in the league would play Davies ahead of Cox (apart from injury) or play Knobel in front of Jackson. I’m not sure any coach at any point in history would make those changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You coming round to trading for Bolton yet?

1. I don't think Bolton is a small forward. I think he is plays his best footy higher up the ground, and through the midfield.
2. If he was not contracted, I would be on board, but he is and I don't think we should pay the overs Richmond will ask for.
3. I have concerns with Bolton's accuracy when kicking for goal.
4. I have a big concern we will do something stupid like not sign Sturt, trade in Bolton and end up with a worse team but lose 2 or 3 first round picks in the process. This would be an old school freo decision.

If we could trade Bolton for pick 7, I would do it but I don't want to give up more.
and we only sign Bolton if does not impact our ability to sign Sturt and Brayshaw

This would not bother me, except this was the only time he paid attention to Hogan all game.

All this proves is that size doesn’t matter if you can stick tackles.
These type of plays lift the whole team and it becomes infectious to a teams
intent.
There are a few players who have an out here, but most don't. You could always see with Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong etc how good they'd be once they bulked up and tackles started sticking (Brayshaw has been the epitome of this), so some of the younger less than 50 gamers get a pass here as long as they're developing. The rest need to work on technique, and lateral movement - way too many half tackles currently.

The lift you're talking about is exactly what Treacy brings. He can be having a rough game, the team's a bit down and then BANG! Everyone gets up and about, and suddenly, it clicks.

Love the idea of Simpson becoming out Brent Daniels, that guy killed us yesterday.

Main things we need to do:

Tall Forwards: get stronger and learn how to mark (Jacko) and kick (Amiss) like Treacy.

Rucks: Stay fit and learn how to mark like Treacy

Mids: Build tank (Young, Johnno, NOD), learn how to tackle like Brayshaw. We seem to have the scoring down.

Defenders: Play to your strengths (this one is on JLo to be honest - without Pearce marshaling, our zone breaks down against top tier forward lines).

A lot of people have said this, but Jesus, we're so close.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Knobel is better than Jackson?!! We don’t have a “development spot”. We are in contention for finals. We play what we think is our best 23. No coach in the league would play Davies ahead of Cox (apart from injury) or play Knobel in front of Jackson. I’m not sure any coach at any point in history would make those changes.
Knobel was wasted in the reserves.
Time will tell but IMO long term he will be a better forward/ruck than Jackson.
Jackson could be the perfect utility, that’s midfield, defence or forward.
Jackson has proved this year that he can pinch hit in the ruck, but it cost us in the
end especially the forward line thinking.

The competition knows it, cant tackle, cant sustain any real pressure on the opposition, game plan that goes to water when pressure is applied.
Don't agree with the last. GWS had the pressure gauge at 230 vs our 170 in the first quarter and we were down by a goal.

It was really encouraging and I foolishly thought we might ramp it up in the 2nd half and they wouldn't go with us haven't spent their tickets already.

Banners has multiple players free inside fifty directly in front of goals but instead of kicking to them handballs to Jackson who has 3 players around him.

Its these moments that lose games, dumb decisions instead of clutch. Banners has zero confidence, like when he handballed to freddy in a worse position in front of goals instead of taking the shot, thankfully freddy nailed it then but its a big problem, he needs to be dropped.

In the top of the screen you’ll see 2 Freo players with no one on them. Banfield only had to look up and use his left, which I’m assuming is his preferred, and pass to either option.

Instead. Shots his dacks at having to make a good decision and handballs to Jackson behind him to completely stuff it.

IMG_1344.jpeg
OMG. Gets worse when I take a picture.
2 guys wide open. He’s on his left, so literally just has to kick 40m in the general vicinity to hit one of them.

The problem is that was the closest Cox got to Hogan all day.
I mean yeah, no shit. Don’t see how him ignoring Hogan at the start actually would’ve changed anything.

Plenty of things about the game to actually complain about that it’s just dumb to have a go at something that had no impact on the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back