Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

You are aware he lost his dad to cancer and then got testicular cancer himself just before he came to us right?

Hang your head in shame mate

Jesse should be extremely proud of himself
Jesse should be extremely proud of how he's playing for GWS, hope he feels like shit for the effort he put in here.

One thing that I can't wrap my head around is the fact that we kept Cox on Hogan the entire game. He had like 5 shots on goal in the first quarter. That's more than enough to tell you that it wasn't working. Why did we persist? Chapman did great on Cameron last week, Draper has the athleticism to keep up with him. Yet we choose the slowest guy on the field to go with him.
Why didnt JLO at least move Ryan on to him ? Dumb coaching again

I'm just sick of the loser mentality and culture at the club. Only a club with a poor winning culture loses so many games after leading at 3 QTR time.

Now we can add choking away a potential top 4 birth. Even if we fluke our way into finals, it will be because other teams failed and not wholly due to us winning.

Why didnt JLO at least move Ryan on to him ? Dumb coaching again

Ryan is the worst 1v1 defender in the league and Hogan would have killed him just as bad. Ryan should never be put on the oppositions best KPF.

I'm just sick of the loser mentality and culture at the club. Only a club with a poor winning culture loses so many games after leading at 3 QTR time.

Now we can add choking away a potential top 4 birth. Even if we fluke our way into finals, it will be because other teams failed and not wholly due to us winning.
“There’s always next year”

Unfortunately if there was any one, that was the one moment that cost us the game. Getting your nose in front is so vital in those sorts of tussles. But you just have to accept young players on the road back are going to be imperfect.
Not the two easy ones missed by Johnson

Reid was huge?

Lost the hit outs, 0 marks, 6 disposals.

This board sees what it wants to see.
You did see Jackson in there? If that had of happened the whole game we would have lost by 10 goals. Reidy competed in a way Jackson couldn't. That is what we are referring to.

Not the two easy ones missed by Johnson

There was also Amiss who missed 3, Banfield kicking it OOBOTF in the last quarter, Sharp in the first quarter with no one around him, O'Driscoll in the last quarter, even Young on his right boot in the first had a clear chance.

They also missed some sitters.

GWS were leading at 3/4 time today.

There was also Amiss who missed 3, Banfield kicking it OOBOTF in the last quarter, Sharp in the first quarter with no one around him, O'Driscoll in the last quarter, even Young on his right boot in the first had a clear chance.

Yeah to just highlight nods miss considering all else and come to the conclusion that that’s what was the moment that cost us the game is next level strange

Expected score had us winning. We had more shots than them. Both teams missed gettable shots, but ours were much worse.

Hogan missed a lot but was basically bang on his expected.

Amiss on the other hand was -9 on expected score. That's the difference right there.

I think in a game like that it's fair to say that execution was what cost us, despite everything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast should beat Carlton given how shit they've been, plus their outs.

Port haven't been all that. I fancy us at Optus. That scenario plays out, we're in.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Depends if the coaching staff allow Butters or Horne Francis to just waltz around all day with no one on them. We refuse to ever address the oppositions strength's and just believe our best will beat the other team.

One thing that I can't wrap my head around is the fact that we kept Cox on Hogan the entire game. He had like 5 shots on goal in the first quarter. That's more than enough to tell you that it wasn't working. Why did we persist? Chapman did great on Cameron last week, Draper has the athleticism to keep up with him. Yet we choose the slowest guy on the field to go with him.
Pretty sure Draper started on him and couldn't handle it. Cox then went on to him and seemed to stuff up his hammy. Maybe we could have tried chappy but he was on green. Clark had to be taken off Daniels, so Wagner got him. There wasn't anyone except Ryan and we know how that usually ends. It think we tried to double team jesse at one point but even that didn't work. Having our only two mature defenders who can only intercept is an issue.

Expected score had us winning. We had more shots than them. Both teams missed gettable shots, but ours were much worse.

Hogan missed a lot but was basically bang on his expected.

Amiss on the other hand was -9 on expected score. That's the difference right there.

I think in a game like that it's fair to say that execution was what cost us, despite everything else.

There was one where Keeffe seemed to have a shot near the top of the goal square after a mark, I momentarily looked away and it registered a point. Don't know what happened there. You also don't expect Toby Greene to miss a set shot from virtually directly in front 40m out in the last quarter.

Pretty sure Draper started on him and couldn't handle it. Cox then went on to him and seemed to stuff up his hammy. Maybe we could have tried chappy but he was on green. Clark had to be taken off Daniels, so Wagner got him. There wasn't anyone except Ryan and we know how that usually ends. It think we tried to double team jesse at one point but even that didn't work. Having our only two mature defenders who can only intercept is an issue.
Nah Cox was on him from the get go and was useless from the start. His hammy is fine. He was just playing it up to try and make up an excuse for his game and make his performance less embarrassing (achieved the exact opposite).

There was one where Keeffe seemed to have a shot near the top of the goal square after a mark, I momentarily looked away and it registered a point. Don't know what happened there. You also don't expect Toby Greene to miss a set shot from virtually directly in front 40m out in the last quarter.
Still a lot more acceptable misses than Johnson's 20m out directly in front on the run, or Amiss hitting the post on the goaline, or banfield kicking it ootf from 30m out on a slight angle, or Amiss missing form directly infront, or NOD missing from directly in front.

No Draper started on him.
I missed his first goal, so could only go off what the commentators were saying. But Cox was 100% on him by his second goal which was like 5 minutes in. And on basically every other shot he got that quarter.

I missed his first goal, so could only go off what the commentators were saying. But Cox was 100% on him by his second goal which was like 5 minutes in. And on basically every other shot he got that quarter.
Draper was on him for the first two goals. The fifty was given away by Cox on the wing but Draper and Cox were in the same pack. Draper was standing him and was his direct opponent at that time. It was after that that Cox took over. None of our options were any good and why i preferred Hamling in our defence because he could play man on man. Cox and Ryan rarely can.

Had a friends wedding in Sydney today it was a beautiful afternoon we had the church ceremony in Paddington and the reception at Mosman with the harbour in the background.

Saw the last quarter at the pub in Paddington before we ubered it to reception.

We had our chances just couldn't get ourselves in front in the last.

I can't comment on the first 3 quarters. Looked like Hogan was just unstoppable in the last.

I guess destiny is out of our hands now we have blown it. Feels like a wasted year if we don't play finals

Anyway here is the background of a bit of Sydney harbour today.

Screenshot_20240818_001608_Gallery.jpg

And people here laughed at me for saying Walters should've been picked. He kicks those goals that Banners misses and he doesn't give away a soft 50.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate why the **** are you always patting yourself on the back? You realise how pathetic it is to say, yeah you see that, I was right, I'm so smart!

No, actually you're not right. You don't know what would have happened because it didn't happen.

What an ego.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back