Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not heard of them.
Was it a YouTube channel you could stream or watch replays on?
I don't use YouTube much at all.

Rob Moody aka Robelinda is a random cricket fan in Melbourne (I think) with an insane catalogue of video recordings of cricket matches stretching back decades

He would put together various compilations and post them on YouTube. They weren’t usually very long as he tried to walk the tightrope of copyright

What they were was very very good

There was a sublime video of Damien Martyn cover driving that would pop up on my twitter feed from time to time that I never got tired of

He did hundreds of videos based on different themes. So there’d be one of Starc yorkers, or a great innings, or a collection of shitty umpiring decisions etc etc

And it wasn’t just Australian games. He had footage of a great array of other international matches so a video would pop up from games you’d never seen

Did it all for free. No ads, no monetisation from youtube

It does appear the ICC might be getting involved to help and rightly so

He does more to promote cricket than any national body. Should be celebrated not victimised

Rob Moody aka Robelinda is a random cricket fan in Melbourne (I think) with an insane catalogue of video recordings of cricket matches stretching back decades

He would put together various compilations and post them on YouTube. They weren’t usually very long as he tried to walk the tightrope of copyright

There was a sublime video of Damien Martyn cover driving that would pop up on my twitter feed from time to time that I never got tired of

He did hundreds of videos based on different themes. So there’d be one of Starc yorkers, or a great innings, or a collection of shitty umpiring decisions etc etc

And it wasn’t just Australian games. He had footage of a great array of other international matches so a video would pop up from games you’d never seen

He does more to promote cricket than any national body. Should be celebrated not victimised
Hopefully sanity prevails by the sounds of it.

Could there be anything more wonderful than England finishing this World Cup in the bottom two then India choking in a semi final against Pakistan

Hopefully goes better than the last time India looked like losing a semi-final in a Wold Cup...

At the fall of the 8th Indian wicket, sections of the crowd vented their disgust with the state of the match by setting fire to some areas of the stands and throwing fruit and waterbottles onto the field. The match was briefly stopped and when play was about to resume, the crowd again threw bottles at the deep fielders. The match referee stopped the game and the game was awarded to Sri Lanka by default.

The saga continues.

Response from robelinda (on reddit 10 minutes ago)

This is absolute bullshit. 2 videos were terminated before any communication AT ALL. Then I get random threatening message NOT through proper channels, saying to remove all 2006 Bangladesh messages OR ELSE, I found 14 videos, I terminated 8 of them, ones you didn’t even mention, and then I find that that the channel is terminated, and there were videos listed that I couldn’t even find! I have been dealing with legitimate copyright holders for 14 years, I always get an official email through YouTube stating which SPECIFIC videos are causing an issue, they don’t send a blanket statement and send me off looking though 2700 videos trying to find anything that might match the offending criteria, that’s just completely ****ing dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wa 7/109 against NSW. Very likely we drop this game and hand NSW’s first win in a very long time
Gone from 2-85 to 7-92.:drunk:

Sounds like I'm scapegoating but I'm just about done with Josh Philippe. The guy has been given an innumerable number of opportunities and consistently spudded up. We ditched Marcus Harris when he was a year or two younger than Philippe and if it was ok then it should be ok now.

Sounds like I'm scapegoating but I'm just about done with Josh Philippe. The guy has been given an innumerable number of opportunities and consistently spudded up. We ditched Marcus Harris when he was a year or two younger than Philippe and if it was ok then it should be ok now.
Any young keepers coming through?

I’m shocked that his first class average is 28. He usually seems to get out for about 4 and almost never makes it into double figures.

He’s a handy white ball player but you’re right, when Inglis is called up or injured, Philippe is basically a black hole in the batting lineup.

I will also say that while Wyllie is still quite young and not too much should fall on his shoulders, his scores last season and so far this one have really not been sufficient for someone batting at 3 or 4.

It will be nice to get some reinforcements back from India, and hopefully Wyllie and Cartwright can find some form between now and Shield starting back up.

The saga continues.

Response from robelinda (on reddit 10 minutes ago)

This is so much bullshit. That a couple of piss-weak randoms can destroy decades of hard work and a source of joy for cricket fans the world over in a couple of days with almost no effort is so deflating.

**** those dudes who did this.

I will also say that while Wyllie is still quite young and not too much should fall on his shoulders, his scores last season and so far this one have really not been sufficient for someone batting at 3 or 4.

It will be nice to get some reinforcements back from India, and hopefully Wyllie and Cartwright can find some form between now and Shield starting back up.
Seems we're relying too much on our openers.

Hardie has been a big loss.

Some interesting scores in the Shield today.

Tasmania batting for 5 sessions.
They might roll the Vics but it's a long time if you want a result.

SA only making 46 in the first session.

Not sure if sides are that interested in winning anymore.

I really hope they aren't using artificial turf or it's going to be very painful for anyone sitting on it if we get hot weather.

Hard to tell but I think they've blocked out some seating on the Southern end for this, so full sunshine mid December. It would be fairly difficult to sustain real grass in there as well. I hope they do, but I reckon it'll be fake turf that they will set up each year and store away for footy season.

Let's hope they're not silly enough to then ban picnic blankets or small folding chairs so you can avoid direct contact with the searing synthetic lawn.

I hope they keep it for the Scorchers games in Jan. I'd be keen to take the young fella to his first game and it sounds like the right spot for someone of his attention span.

What are they doing with the WACA anyways? Any chance that eventually they can play Tests there again, given the crowd numbers aren't suitable for Optus?

they have started the redevelopment, supposed to be done in 15 months.

includes a 50m pool you can watch the cricket from.

they talked to Christine Matthews during yesterdays wbbl game. Unfortunately they didn’t show any renderings.

one positive I guess, you can just pee in the pool seeing as there won’t be any urinals :D:D:D:D:D

edit: whole bunch of details on the waca website

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back