Biggest roar you've ever heard

Remove this Banner Ad

treefingers

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For me, in terms of people/volume ratio, would have to be this goal

Was only around 35k there, but it was deafening.

Stuart Dew's second goal in the 3rd qtr of the '08 granny is right up there as well :D

What's the biggest roar you've ever heard at the footy?

Probably at a Richmond game. Don't remember when or where but they probably get the loudest out of all clubs. Especially in a bad year if they are a chance of winning.

Aside from grand finals etc., the Melbourne vs Freo game a few years ago when Aussie sparked the massive comeback

For an absolutely tiny crowd, the noise was amazing

Probably at a Richmond game. Don't remember when or where but they probably get the loudest out of all clubs. Especially in a bad year if they are a chance of winning.

I went to watch Richmond vs WC a couple of years ago at the G. It was mental when Riewoldt kicked his 10th!

Austin Wonaeamirri's goal to put Melbourne in front against Fremantle in 2008. We were down by 50 points at half time, biggest comeback Melbourne's ever had

I thought the roar against Brisbane that same year was bigger.
Took the lead, then lost it, then got it back at about the 34 minute mark.

When Aussie got the ball and started streaming towards goal, the roar was so loud noone even heard the siren.
Probably a similar crowd to the Freo one as well

last years roar after the final siren at the semi final. left goosebumps all over me.

in terms on tv, would have to be collingwood in 2010 and also back with us in 06 against carlton when we came back by 40 odd points at subiaco.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not the loudest, but I was at the game when Buddy kicked those two goals running down the wing. For the second one, the entire crowd could see what was happening. The roar grew and grew until it crescendoed as the ball went through the goals, was goose-bump enducing :)

95 2nd semi final, rich v ess. tigers down by 30 pts at half time and in those days 30 pts felt like 10 goals. chris naish kicked a goal in the 3rd to take the lead... roar from the tiger army was unbelievable...

I thought the roar against Brisbane that same year was bigger.
Took the lead, then lost it, then got it back at about the 34 minute mark.

When Aussie got the ball and started streaming towards goal, the roar was so loud noone even heard the siren.
Probably a similar crowd to the Freo one as well

The thing about the Melb. Freo game was it wasn't just a roar, it was a constant level of noise

As I said, for such a small crowd, the noise was phenomenal

Even when I watched the replay of that game, the crowd could be heard over the commentary

(was probably reverberating around the empty stands :D )

Probably not the loudest, but I was at the game when Buddy kicked those two goals running down the wing. For the second one, the entire crowd could see what was happening. The roar grew and grew until it crescendoed as the ball went through the goals, was goose-bump enducing :)

Also the goal he kicked from the boundary in prelim last year was massive. He seems to have been involved in some very large roars.

What about Nick Davis's kick to put the Swans into the 2005 Semi-final. With ten seconds remaining there was a ball-up within twenty metres of the Swans' goal. Davis collected the tap of ruckman Jason Ball but did not have time to take a clean possession. Davis was also on the wrong side of the goal for a right-footed player of his nature. Davis juggled the ball before snapping a shot with his left-foot, kicking a goal and sealing the match with just 3 seconds remaining. The goal, which gave the Sydney Swans their only lead of the game, sent the crowd at the SCG into hysterics. The game is considered to be one of the most exciting finals in recent history and as someone who was there, right behind the goals, the ROAR was deafening!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back