Biggest roar you've ever heard

Remove this Banner Ad

The roar of the crowd before the 04 Prelim Final when they showed Port in the rooms before the game revving up then walking through the door. The crowd erupted before they'd even hit the field. Instant goosebumps.

In terms of people/noise, Paul Stewarts goal a couple weeks ago to put Port in front vs North was bloody loud considering there was probably only 11k people there at the time

didaks first game after the investigation. it was at the dome and we were sitting on the wing ground level and the stand was shaking, it was the part of the stand that moves out but.

the gee v coll prelim (07) was crazy, it felt like everytime one team kicked a goal the other would answer it.

the roar after the last post is pretty awesome.

The roar of the crowd before the 04 Prelim Final when they showed Port in the rooms before the game revving up then walking through the door. The crowd erupted before they'd even hit the field. Instant goosebumps.

In terms of people/noise, Paul Stewarts goal a couple weeks ago to put Port in front vs North was bloody loud considering there was probably only 11k people there at the time
The Richmond v Tredrea game back in 2009 also comes to mind.

Because I attend mostly Richmond matches, I was unsure as to what a normal "roar" was in comparison. I took a couple of Bombers fans to the Richmond-Freo match at the G a few weeks ago and they were both amazed at how loud Richmond fans were. I wonder what it is.

Because I attend mostly Richmond matches, I was unsure as to what a normal "roar" was in comparison. I took a couple of Bombers fans to the Richmond-Freo match at the G a few weeks ago and they were both amazed at how loud Richmond fans were. I wonder what it is.

Lack of Freo supporters in Melbourne ;)

What a great thread. The Socceroos... WOW. It's been seven years but it never gets old, and never fails to give me goosebumps. Just awesome. I was at the 2007 Prelim too as a neutral and the roar was incredible.

The MMM commentary, despite the box being full of self-important posers, has the best atmosphere of all. Watch the 2007 Hawthorn - Adelaide semi, the 2007 Prelim, the Anzac Day match with Zaharakis and the list keeps going. You feel like you're there. Channel Seven nowadays on the other hand deadens all the sound and ruins even the best games. The "old days" were much better for them.

Daniel Bradshaw's snap from the boundary line vs Carlton in the 09 elim final.

The Gabba was shaking.

Came in to post this one too, huge roar

Also, did anyone go to the Anzac day game when Zaharakis kicked the winning goal, the cameras looked like they were about to shake off of their supports. Must have been deafening

For me, it had to be during the 2008 grand final when Cyril Rioli was running into goal during the 3rd quarter. Haven't heard anything louder since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony Rocca long bomb goal in 02 Prelim against Port

Pretty much every goal we kicked in the first quarter of the 2010 Prelim against Geelong

Tigers when they came from 30 something down to beat the Swans in 2010. Andrew Collins got knocked out and then within minutes had kicked a pair of goals to put us in front. Crowd went mental when Collins took the mark that got him his 2nd.

Another game that year when Troy Taylor kicked a goal to put us in front rivaled that one, and then it may have got even noisier when the goal was disallowed.

1994 RD7 Ablett's mark of the year

crowd went hysterical once he fell to ground and then they kept showing the replay on the big-screen and everytime they did, the crowd kept roaring in amazement, even the Collingwood fans were clapping

I remember Chris Judd said that when Fevola hit the post from 15 m with a minute to go against Hawthorn back in 2009, it was the biggest roar he had heard. There was a few points in the game late in the final term and over 70k fans were there. Both sets of supporters went up and cheered, as Carlton fans thought it was a goal and Hawthorn fans knew it hit the post. Crazy.

All those close Geelong - Hawthorn games where there is 60 to 85k there have provided some moments as well.

What about Nick Davis's kick to put the Swans into the 2005 Semi-final. With ten seconds remaining there was a ball-up within twenty metres of the Swans' goal. Davis collected the tap of ruckman Jason Ball but did not have time to take a clean possession. Davis was also on the wrong side of the goal for a right-footed player of his nature. Davis juggled the ball before snapping a shot with his left-foot, kicking a goal and sealing the match with just 3 seconds remaining. The goal, which gave the Sydney Swans their only lead of the game, sent the crowd at the SCG into hysterics. The game is considered to be one of the most exciting finals in recent history and as someone who was there, right behind the goals, the ROAR was deafening!!!
I am unfamiliar with this particular game, thank you for explaining it in such detail...

first that came to mind were zaharakis on anzac, and bradshaw in '09 against carlton.

can't recall buddy's 100th goal too well, but i reckon it would have been pretty loud had everyone not rushed out on the ground haha.

Also the goal he kicked from the boundary in prelim last year was massive. He seems to have been involved in some very large roars.

Lukey Balls left foot snap 90 seconds later got a huge reaction aswell

Few for me would be

95 GF - 2nd quarter when Earl Spalding smothered a kick in our forward line, collected the ball and ran in to an open goal - pretty much ended the game as a contest.

99 Prelim - Lance Whitnall's goal from about 55 out right on the boundary in front of the members. Still get shivers from Drew Morphett's call - "You'd want to be on the Blues now!!!!"

2006 GF - opening bounce of the final quarter when Sydney win the clearance and Goodes slots it on the run from 50 - thought they would run away with it after that.

Agree the 2007 prelim was crazy loud (especially the Pies fans) for the whole game - but don't have a particular moment from that that stands out.

The fourteen odd thousand at AAMI after Daniel Stewart kicked the winning goal against North after being 32 down with five minutes left, earlier this year. It was at least the sound that would happen at a grand final. I swear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back