Biggest roar you've ever heard

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I attend mostly Richmond matches, I was unsure as to what a normal "roar" was in comparison. I took a couple of Bombers fans to the Richmond-Freo match at the G a few weeks ago and they were both amazed at how loud Richmond fans were. I wonder what it is.

It's that sound fans do when teams make finals.

I was at the Roos in 95 and walked across the ground after the Tigers had flogged us at the MCG to start the year with 4 straight wins. Being in the middle of the MCG the roar of "yellow and black" being belted out was incredible and still I heard nothing like it to this day. Richmond won 11 of their first 12 and was the turning point after years of being terrible and success was not too far away:D

For me, in terms of people/volume ratio, would have to be this goal

Was only around 35k there, but it was deafening.

Stuart Dew's second goal in the 3rd qtr of the '08 granny is right up there as well :D

What's the biggest roar you've ever heard at the footy?

That goal ****ing sucked :thumbsdown::(

The '07 prelim was the loudest i've ever heard. The Collingwood supporters were incredibly loud, made the Geelong crowd sound minute in comparison.

didaks first game after the investigation. it was at the dome and we were sitting on the wing ground level and the stand was shaking, it was the part of the stand that moves out but.

the gee v coll prelim was crazy, it felt like everytime one team kicked a goal the other would answer it.

the roar after the last post is pretty awesome.

From what I've heard at games, I'd say the 02 prelim, the Zaharakis goal, 2012 ANZAC day, 10 GF, but Jack Anthony's goal in the 09 Semi would take the cake for mine. What a comeback that was :thumbsu:

This Goal from Luke Ball for me.

Or maybe that matcah against Brisbane lions at telstra dome back then. I dunno what year, maybe 02?

2004 James Hird goal v West Coast
2007 Gee v Coll prelim final siren/ablett snap
2009 Gee v StK GF final siren

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't have the Youtbe of it but when Mercuri kicked a goal in the 3rd quarter of the 1993 Preliminary Final, Channel 7's effects microphones copped 75500 Essendon supporters completely losing it.

Yep agree with this one, I have never heard a roar like that, not one other roar came to mind other than this one. I remember clearly when it happened and all my mates actually started talking about the roar of the crowd. Must of been awesome to be there for that.

After the first goal the pies kicked in the 2007 prelim. It brought a huge grin to my face even though I'm a cats fan, the noise was mental!

Yeh, the Davis goal in '05 for me. If I ever experience an atmosphere like that again at a Swans game, I will be supremely lucky. That roar from the crowd when he kicked his 4th was unlike anything I've ever experienced at the footy...aside from when the siren went.

Whitnalls goal from 55 out in the 99 prelim in his fourth game I think?
Everytime Kouta got the ball in the last quarter of that game.
In that same game, the roar of BAAAAALLLLL when Fraser Brown tackled Dean Wallis in the final minute.
Was such an amazing game.

Stuey Dews goal in the 08 sent everyone bananas as well, as did Clokes first goal of the game last year (his celebration helped).

Zaharakis' goal to win the game for us a couple of years ago, ANZAC Day. Was there as well. :thumbsu:

Best match I have ever been to to date. Incredible feeling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest roar you've ever heard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back