Biggest roar you've ever heard

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's the whole Demons-Freo game from '08 again...

And the Roys' win over Freo in 1996. For numbers to volume ratio, this was as good as it gets.

Parts 1-5:

And the last three parts of it:

Amongst other great Roys victories in terms of atmosphere would have to be the Carlton match at the start of '93, and the Collingwood game in '92...

And the Demons' win over Essendon three weeks ago, of course!

The atmosphere there was sensational too...

The entire last quarter of the 2003 Preliminary final between Port and Collingwood at the MCG.
Probably 80,000 Collingwood supporters and 4,000 Port supporters.I couldn't even hear myself thinking .

I was behind the goals at that game, with two big drums, five shakers about the size of a football and several horns :)
At the end where the penalty shootout was? If so, you wouldn't have been far from me - I was up the back of the Green & Gold Army section. That was an amazing night.
As I mentioned in my post last night, AFL will always be number 1 for me. But the pure emotion of that night is something I'd never seen before and probably never will again.

Yeah, that's where I was - and I was very active amongst the Green and Gold Army at the time mate. Was prominently involved at a bunch of those international games, like the Iran match and the one against the Solomon Islands earlier that year :)

For non AFL roars, one of the loudest I ever heard was whenever Dean Jones walked out to bat at the MCG.

During a one-dayer, if Australia batted 2nd, when Deano walked in to bat at number 3, the place would go nuts. It was awesome!

This:

And probably the best translation of it on a Youtube video, or any roar for that matter. Sends shivers up my spine every time.

That was the moment I thought to myself 'we will win a flag in the next few years'....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel Seven nowadays on the other hand deadens all the sound and ruins even the best games ...

Why do they do this?

It should be all about bringing the matchday experience into our living rooms with full effect, but instead we get SD and muted effects mics that conspire to turn even the most exciting games into the polite applause of the Princess Diana funeral procession.

They may as well be calling from the third tee at Kingston Heath.

Hard to say because there are so many, but probably in Cousins' farewell game when we started coming back. every goal we scored blew my ear drums, couldn't even hear myself scream and i was covered in beer. it felt like the entire telstra dome was shaking

non footy related would easily have to be at a socceroos match by a country mile, can't remember which one now but it was insane in comparison to any event i've been to including melbourne victory matches and the cricket.

Agree with those that have said the 95 semi btwn rich & essendon. I thought the southern stand was going to collapse when Naish kicked that goal. I also recall a huge roar after daffey kicked a goal in the same game.

Was also there for the rocca goal in the prelim vs Adelaide.

Take it as sarcasm if you want, it's just hilarious, that's all...
your posts are hard to understand, the ellipsis at the end of each sentence is probably what causes it.

so you're saying soccer in australia is a joke or it's a joke that it isn't as popular as it deserves to be?

Melbourne Victory v Adelaide UTD. Semi-Final 2007.
Scores locked at 1-1 and Adelaide set to host and go through to grand final on away goals and then in the 93rd min Melbourne get corner and then the longest looping header hits the back of the net and 47k fans go nuts! One of the loudest roars I've heard at Docklands.
The pin drop at the corner before the roar was unreal as the whole stadium knew it was the last kick of the game. Amazingly from the re start Adelaide ended up straight away one on one with the keeper which Theo made a cracking save met by just as big a roar!

Mick McGuanes goal in round 2 1994 versus Carlton after he had taken about 7 bounces.

It's always a giveaway when you see the replay and there is a crackling sound because the speakers are distorted.

Same with Mark Mercuri's goal in the 3rd quarter of the 1993 Prelim. You can hear the sound distort.

If anyone can find these two and put them up, you will know what I mean. The camera even shakes a bit for both of them.

To me, these are the "big two"
Yep. Mercuri's goal almost broke the microphones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back