Analysis Blair Hartley Project 2015 V - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally with the Dave Astbury article we have something to talk about. Godamit I have spent time on “The Walking Dead” blog because this one has been so boring..

I rate Dave and obviously so does Leppa but we cannot get something without giving something away.

SO how about this – Astbury and Griff for their first and second round picks. Let’s face is Brisbane don’t keep their draft picks anyway so it’s better using them to entice players that want to go up there.

We can trade picks 1 and 12 to GWS for Treloar.

Finally with the Dave Astbury article we have something to talk about. Godamit I have spent time on “The Walking Dead” blog because this one has been so boring..

I rate Dave and obviously so does Leppa but we cannot get something without giving something away.

SO how about this – Astbury and Griff for their first and second round picks. Let’s face is Brisbane don’t keep their draft picks anyway so it’s better using them to entice players that want to go up there.

cos those two players arent worth pick 1 and 20

Who replaces Bachelor, Rance, Chaplin or Grimes or one goes down? Dont say Dea.

They wont pay overs... so in the meantime, Astbury remains essential.
We have Elton in the twos, but I don't think we should be shopping him around. if he decides he wants to go and we get a decent offer I don't see the harm. griff could always play back

Since Bell wants to go to the Lions and no way they trade their 2nd rounder since its for academy kids.

Lions
In: Bell Astbury
Out:Aish

Carlton
In: collingwood and Richmond 2nd rounders and oxley/seedsman
Out: Yarran Bell

Collingwood
In: Aish
Out 2nd rounder and oxley/seedsman

Richmond
In:Yarran
Out:Astbury and 2nd rounder.

Maybe some other pick exchanges to as I think the pies get off a bit light.

Can't afford to get rid of Astbury due to our lack of KPD depth. So unless someone is willing to overpay for him, he shouldn't be going anywhere. Would also be selling at near his lowest value, which makes it even more pointless.

I'm not saying this will happen but trying to put it into perspective
Conca for Yarran, discuss

God no. Once again you don't sell good players at their lowest value unless their presence is having a detrimental affect on players and coaching staff around him, case in point Yarran.

Surely a mistake?

We have to fill the 6 spots left by Newman, Knights, Foley, Petterd, McDonough, and Arnot, right?

So if we're not attacking the draft this year, how are we going to fill those 6 spots by trading our players and picks for opposition players? i.e. Astubury for Yarran for example?

I can't see us drafting/upgrading more than 3/4 players, which means 2/3 will have to be traded for where we don't lose a player.

Is there another scenario that I'm missing here?

Isn't it 5 places as Arnot was a rookie this season....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love your optisism but IF we had pick 1 I'd think we would hang onto it.

There were whispers a month or so ago about our interest in Green from the Lions, Astbury for Green and their 3rd is more likely but we should open up talks starting with Redden and see what we can do. Redden should be an equal target to most on our list IMO.

Get in Redden, Yarran and Bennell and we are a lock for top 4.

Astbury and steak knives for Redden (Leppa wil be hard pressed to find players who want to got there IMO so may take that deal)
Bean for Yarran
Our 1st for Bennell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were whispers a month or so ago about our interest in Green from the Lions, Astbury for Green and their 3rd is more likely but we should open up talks starting with Redden and see what we can do.

Also, Josh Green's wiki page has a photo of him next to Astbury. Spooky

220px-Josh_Green_Lions_2015_vs_Richmond.jpg

LOL at the bottom of the article claiming we may need to give up contracted players to get our targets in, does that fool not realise that 4 players retired this year.
I would assume they are referring to trades and not salary pressure

yeah sorry i still dont understand how cam mccarthy going to freo for a first round pick influences what collingwood have to pay for adam treloar in any way whatsoever, maybe ive missed something
Well they need 2 1st rnd picks for the NSW kids.Getting a 1st rnd of Freo maybe the circuit breaker between the pies and Gws in regards to Treloar.Pies still have to give up pick 7 but instead of next years they forkout a player instead.I maybe way off the mark and not giving GWS credit enough in playing hard ball with the Pies.

I suspect this depends on what years GWS needs the points for their academy players, as we know they have a few.
For example if their own 1st rounder plus ours is enough for this year, then they may not rate this years draft enough to want a 2nd round pick, especially if they know they will be short on points in 2016 when they will have more academy picks.

I know the AFL lifted the restrictions a little for the swans, but I think they were only allowed to bring in 1 player of up to $450k in value.
If Leunenberger goes there then I suspect that will be the only one they are allowed.
Ahhhhhh fair enough.I assumed the ban was lifted entirely.

Agree.

How many no. 1 picks have won a flag at the club they were drafted to?
3 from memory (not many anyway)... Drew Banfield, Des Headland and Luke Hodge

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back