Analysis Blair Hartley Project 2015 V - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey guys, just on Astbury - do you think you would accept a swap of second rounders? That way both of our clubs could those picks to Carlton for Bell and Yarran respectively
Good thinking i reckon, although i dunno about pick 20 and astbury for yarran though

Hey guys, just on Astbury - do you think you would accept a swap of second rounders? That way both of our clubs could those picks to Carlton for Bell and Yarran respectively

Yeah, not bad. You guys could do worse than getting Astbury and Bell for pick 20 in a weak draft too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds good to me. I genuinely hope you guys get Astbury. Won't break in to our side without an injury to Rance, but has great talent and leadership skills. Would be fantastic for Brisbane IMO.

We have to fill the 6 spots left by Newman, Knights, Foley, Petterd, McDonough, and Arnot, right?

So if we're not attacking the draft this year, how are we going to fill those 6 spots by trading our players and picks for opposition players? i.e. Astubury for Yarran for example?

I can't see us drafting/upgrading more than 3/4 players, which means 2/3 will have to be traded for where we don't lose a player.

Is there another scenario that I'm missing here?

Not sure on Yarran yet. I definitely wouldn't be moving heaven on earth to get him although he is definitely a talent and if he was consistent would be a great addition off half back/midfield.

I'm also not sure about Lennon. If he's playing hardball with his contract and has requested a trade to Carlton then so be it. There is a 4 year difference between Yarran and Lennon age wise so considerable. I do rate Lennon very highly though - everytime I've seen him play he has been class when he has the ball. He's probably one of our best kicks and is a great mark for his size. He really is a skilled footballer. If we can keep Lennon I would prefer we did and went after Bennell via another route. If we can get Yaz "cheaper" then I'm all for it.

On Conca - Injury prone and is somewhat a battler at the moment. We could get something pretty decent for him. Yes he fills a "need" although how good is he at the moment in addressing those needs?
If Lennon does request a trade to the blues then I wouldn't link the 2 players. yarran for a second rounder from us, Lennon for a start of second round or late first rounder. I think we end up in a better place doing that.

It depends mate. If you use the blue supporter way of thinking ( also known as **** logic) you would say that Astbury is contracted, that means if the bears do not pay us a first round pick and Redden, we can offer him to another buyer! So simply, you must offer us at a minimum your first. Now if you argue this point, our mods on our board are then entitled to get what the blues call "the rags". They will then infract and ban you, they will also use CAPS to reinforce it.

Now if i can reply as a nomal poster, i would say, a third round pick or a swap of picks should do it.

We have to fill the 6 spots left by Newman, Knights, Foley, Petterd, McDonough, and Arnot, right?

So if we're not attacking the draft this year, how are we going to fill those 6 spots by trading our players and picks for opposition players? i.e. Astubury for Yarran for example?

I can't see us drafting/upgrading more than 3/4 players, which means 2/3 will have to be traded for where we don't lose a player.

Arnot was a rookie, so there is only 5. Also we may go back to 38 and 6 instead of the current 39 and 5 list structure.

Only 5 main list spots. We can go back to a 38/6 list structure meaning only 4 will be filled. Trade for Yarran makes our 3 picks and one will probably be used to upgrade Lambo.

All that is presuming no one asks to be traded or leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back