Analysis Blair Hartley Project 2015 V - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Griffiths ahead of Ty this time last year. The biggest thing that stands out for me with Griff is that he has lost that x factor of ability to bomb a long goal to change momentum. Without this he is a run of the mill average fwd. My judgement is not based on how it ended but over the full season. Just hasnt bounded fwd imo.... the other thing atm is he has currency at the trade table. It will come down as to weather they believe McBean can take his role on.
Yes and just like Griffiths did in 2015, Vickery regressed on his form in 2014 some of which was due to injury and suspension stopping him from getting continuity in his game. Very similar circumstances to Griffiths in 2015. Improvement is not always linear, sometimes a player will have a down year before taking a bigger step up later on. That was my point, just because a player doesn't step up one year doesn't mean that we should just get rid of them.

Would you rather trade mcbean or lennon over Griffiths?
I'd rather we keep them all thanks

They dont necessarily have to be packaged up with picks. Griffiths for Aish for example could be a win/win trade imo.
Some people on here need to realise that this list has lost 3 elimination finals in a row, the list needs work and Griffiths i believe is one of the players that isnt untouchable
So you think we should only concentrate on 3 games instead of the 66 ( 42-24 record ) that got us to the finals in those 3 years, Griff for Aish is a stupid trade because who steps up if 2 of Jack, TV, Maric get injured at the same time, Griffiths is back up forward and back up ruck, he wont be going anywhere unless he asks for it, some people need to stop basing everything on 1 game.

Colin Young (Bennell's manager) saying Cam McCarthy "no longer wishes to represent GWS".

All about the $ for that guy.

Can't blame him to be honest. Won't get an offer anywhere near that if he stays at GWS. Over the course of his career he would be leaving 2-3m on the table.

For what it's worth, I've always liked Mitch Grigg.
Danger leaves & he comes in, you'd expect, but he's not best 22 at the Crows in his 4th (?) year

Danger leaves, Crouch could leave and CEY apparently wants out. Possible rebuild for Adelaide?

If so get Talia.

Id trade Griff and keep McBean. Wouldn't have at the start of the year.

You might but Dimma and Blair would think differently. Not untouchable but someone would have to pay overs (on current production) if Griffiths is going to be traded.

The 2 trades that our club can do & must do to transform our club to a top 4 side and premiership threat are Yarran for HBF which frees up Vlaustuin to play on ball & Bennell is the class X factor up forward we are craving!
Win , Win , Win in my opinion!
And when we make that GF in the next couple of years I will be backing Vlaustuin to win the Norm Smith at the value. He is part of the answer to the contested ball we need to win to win finals.
Also a ruckman is a must to help Ivan...These trades are realistic and will change our club for the good !

I think the only kpp we can afford to lose is Griffiths. Our depth in defence is shallow, so i wouldnt be trading Astbury.
Also Griffiths has had his fair share of opportunities to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and hasnt.
I like our two tall forward setup with Lids and Lennon in there aswell, add in Yarran and a resting mid and its a formidable forward line.
If we want to stretch sides next year we can throw in Mcbean or Mckenzie if ready.

Agree McBean and Griff trade bait, McKenzie the real deal and long term KPF

Griff has all the attributes in the world and I wanted him to succeed at Richmond big time. His goal kicking this year really let him and the team down. He has had enough development now to start seeing some pay off and apart from a couple games this year and last part of last year has been too far in between his good and bad games.

Not opposed to throwing his name out there to see what we can get although pretty sure he signed and contract extension recently

The 2 trades that our club can do & must do to transform our club to a top 4 side and premiership threat are Yarran for HBF which frees up Vlaustuin to play on ball & Bennell is the class X factor up forward we are craving!
Win , Win , Win in my opinion!
And when we make that GF in the next couple of years I will be backing Vlaustuin to win the Norm Smith at the value. He is part of the answer to the contested ball we need to win to win finals.
Also a ruckman is a must to help Ivan...These trades are realistic and will change our club for the good !

Tigger needs to develop his tank to play midfield and until he does that he will be playing half back.

From Dimma

Thx

Yes and just like Griffiths did in 2015, Vickery regressed on his form in 2014 some of which was due to injury and suspension stopping him from getting continuity in his game. Very similar circumstances to Griffiths in 2015. Improvement is not always linear, sometimes a player will have a down year before taking a bigger step up later on. That was my point, just because a player doesn't step up one year doesn't mean that we should just get rid of them.

I'd rather we keep them all thanks
Quoted for spot-the-****-on-ness.

So you think we should only concentrate on 3 games instead of the 66 ( 42-24 record ) that got us to the finals in those 3 years, Griff for Aish is a stupid trade because who steps up if 2 of Jack, TV, Maric get injured at the same time, Griffiths is back up forward and back up ruck, he wont be going anywhere unless he asks for it, some people need to stop basing everything on 1 game.
1 game? lets see you come up with any game that his starred in? Vicks can kick a multiple goals and gets roasted and this guy doe's stuff all maybe take a mark every now and then woahhhh ohh i forget his a long kick but can't kick straight.

Lol if jack, ty and maric get injured at the same time, i think we would all agree that you could say we are screwed. Yeh i am going to concentrate on those 3 games, because they aren't just "3 games" they are finals! Players and teams get judged on finals performances not in the home and away season. We have failed miserabley in finals and need to work on iur list to go to the next level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure. But that does change the dynamic in that Crows (who would probably get pick 16 if they let him go as a FA) would need to get some serious compo that Cats would probably need to trade to acquire.

Would Geelong's 2015 first and 2016 first get him?
If Geelong are after Henderson they will not have a first round pick available to trade for Danger if Adelaide match. As much as Adelaide talk about matching I can see them letting Dangerfield go and taking that extra first round pick and then hitting the draft with a couple of first rounders to make up for losing the Tippett picks.

He's so overrated on here. Has potential but done nothing in the seniors albeit little opportunity but same circumstances for McDonough really.

I would rather trade McBean for Yarran than Lennon.
Been pushing McBean for Yarran for a couple of weeks. A win-win for both clubs especially Carlton as they could get Weitering at pick 1 to play KPD and McBean for Yarran plays KPF. Instant foundation for their spine moving forward.

Those who want to trade Griffiths sound exactly the same as those who wanted to trade Vickery last year
Anyone still want to trade Vickery?
Difference is that Vickery already had a season where he'd kicked 36 goals in a season, his 3rd year, and the previous 2 seasons he has averaged 1.5 goals a game and this year was his 4th season with 20+ goals.

This year Griffiths kicked 13 goals in 12 games and averaged 9.7 disposals a game. For a player that plays CHF and the ruck averaging less than 10 disposals & 5 marks a game is not a great return. The bonus for us though is that 200cm 100kg 24 year olds who can play KPF/ruck with a thumping kick have some real currency in the AFL. I wouldn't be trading Griffiths for picks though, I'd be trading him for someone we need. Brisbane needs KPP help so maybe angle a Griffiths for Aish or Redden type of deal. Suns losing Dixon and Smith possibly, with us interested in Bennell, dangle Griffiths as a replacement option for them. Carlton also need a replacement KPP after losing Henderson. So there are options there for us to trade a player with value.

Agree about the depth. I think we have that in the forward line though and I think the 2 KPF's suits us best. So we then have 3 back ups. I think we can trade one for a player in another position of need. Wouldn't be trading any of them for picks though. We need players that are ready.
Agree, trade for ready made options not kids, we have plenty of kids.

We're prepared to lose Astbury or we wouldn't have extended Elton
Not sure what value Astbury has but if he can land us something that we need then lets give someone who can play seniors regularly the number 12.

Can't blame him to be honest. Won't get an offer anywhere near that if he stays at GWS. Over the course of his career he would be leaving 2-3m on the table.

We didn't put a gun to his head and make him sign the extension. He was happy to sign it before he played a game and now he wants out because there's more on offer?

I hope we bend Fremantle over a big barrel of they want to praise him from us.

Lachie Neale is starting point A.

Rfc won't trade the second coming of Lids (Lennon) end of story. :drunk:

Why is everyone jumping all over Griff and McBean? Griffiths had a poor game after coming back from a long layoff and now he's trade bait? he held Ty out until his injury and I still see more upside in him that I do in Ty. All three trade options you people are talking about (Lennon, Griff, McBean) are young players building careers and haven't had a much of a chance to show their worth. I expect Griff to come back strong next year and of course Lennon solidifying his spot.

And for these names/high picks to be thrown up for Yarran/Benell who could come in to the side and really unsettle the group? not sold on this at all. Hope rfc are doing their homework!

His tank getting bigger each year & More game time on ball will do this![/
1 game? lets see you come up with any game that his starred in? Vicks can kick a multiple goals and gets roasted and this guy doe's stuff all maybe take a mark every now and then woahhhh ohh i forget his a long kick but can't kick straight.

Sydney game last year, Freo this year... Yeah get the point he should def be in the gun for comparisons in terms of return to the side I.e longevity. The point is is he better with us or against us? what is his worth in a trade? It's really down to him and McBean really... I see McKenzie as our long term forward replacement. Can't have Ty, Griff, McBean and McKenzie all playing for the same spot now they've made Jack a half forward

Rfc won't trade the second coming of Lids (Lennon) end of story. :drunk:

Why is everyone jumping all over Griff and McBean? Griffiths had a poor game after coming back from a long layoff and now he's trade bait? he held Ty out until his injury and I still see more upside in him that I do in Ty. All three trade options you people are talking about (Lennon, Griff, McBean) are young players building careers and haven't had a much of a chance to show their worth. I expect Griff to come back strong next year and of course Lennon solidifying his spot.

And for these names/high picks to be thrown up for Yarran/Benell who could come in to the side and really unsettle the group? not sold on this at all. Hope rfc are doing their homework!

Biggest question is who is our next ruck? The Cossack warrior is donesky

Biggest question is who is our next ruck? The Cossack warrior is donesky

Aww and I just changed my avatar.. :'(

Tbh that's a tricky one, I'm hoping big Ivan Soldo can make a run at it eventually he's head and shoulders over Ivan and comes from a basketball background so is agile, just needs to work on skills! Kruzer isn't the answer, think he's body is shot. Maybe Luenburger? Smith? Draft? Tough one!

If all else fails the dogs didn't do to bad without one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back