Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS obviously want someone, if we say it’s not Walsh, then really they need pick 2 or 3.

Now GC have 4 picks inside the top 20. So the real question is what will it take to shake 2 or 3 lose from GC

Next year 1st + Jones + Levi?

Maybe overs but every scenario mentioned has them going or next years first.

That then is on trade for the GWS 3. Leaving us with 24 & 25 to get McGovern done & leaves 1 in tact

GC get mature average bodies to replace lynch and may in the short term and an extra 1st in 2019

So that would be;
Out Future 1st, Levi, Jones, second round
In GWS 3 + McGovern

If we were to get Shiel, Setterfield + 1 or 2 other mids in trades/FA and keep pick 1, I wonder if we'd go for Rankine.

With our midfield bolstered I think a gun small forward/mid with X factor suits our needs more.

I’d be willing to trade Pick #1 for Shiel, Setterfield, Coniglio and Ward.

I’d ask for Josh Kelly also - but I’m not greedy :thumbsu:

THIS. The only way I would even entertain the idea of trading pick #1 is if was overwhelmingly in our favour to do so - as in we'd be CRAZY not to do it. Would need to involve the interested parties PLUS Coniglio/Kelly etc.

and it is this type of thinking that had us lose Kennedy after putting two years into his development. Dumb. Fevola was A grade talent, but he had on field flaws, that were bad for team culture. You had the but around the wrong way....
He would give too many 50 metres away being petulant. I loved his talent but hated his flaws just as much. It was perfect time to get Judd and give up something of A grade talent that also had serious flaws for team football. I was asked what I would have done and at the time it is what I would have done, and decade on still think the same. Only pissed me off more when years later shit hit fan and we traded him much later when he was damaged good and got less than his value.

And look, I’m happy to take your perspective. But it still doesn’t overcome the problem that Judd was apparently saying the deal was off if Fev wasn’t at the club. So the rest of it becomes moot right there.

Now, I don't know if any of you have heard this one....but apparently Carlton flew Shiel up to Noosa yesterday.... ;)

https://outline.com/N4WH7z

"CARLTON has flown midfield star Dylan Shiel to Noosa on a private jet as part of a bold sales pitch to snare his signature. The meeting included Silvagni, Judd, Bolton, Brad Lloyd, Bruce Mathieson, Shiel and Paul Connors"

Then a lot of waffle, then this: "Another Giant, Will Setterfield, is also poised to the join Carlton".

Also mentions Fasolo as and Sam Walsh as likely (not news).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be Cray Cray not to entertain the offer

Entertaining an offer is a given, but Shiel, Setterfield and Scully for this year's 1st, given where our rebuild is at, will not get it done. Scully and Shiel improves us short term, but Scully won't be around for our next tilt, while Shiel might. That leaves Setterfield to develop with the core group, yet has struggled to get on the park.

You don't use pick 1 this year for a injury prone kid, Scully that won't be there when contending and Shiel that may or may not be there for a flag.

I think SOS takes pick 1 to the draft, rather than doing that deal

Reid on trade radio right now. They discussed both MM and the mature age picks with him. Kept his cards close to his chest. Kornes and Lloyd were trying to entice him into saying something aggressive about the MM trade but he wouldn't bite. He just said there had bee discussions and we were also quite busy with other trades. He also said they were interested in 2-3 SANFL and that our mature age picks would be something for them to consider. Gut feel is there is already an agreement in principle in place.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reid on trade radio right now. They discussed both MM and the mature age picks with him. Kept his cards close to his chest. Kornes and Lloyd were trying to entice him into saying something aggressive about the MM trade but he wouldn't bite. He just said there had bee discussions and we were also quite busy with other trades. He also said they were interested in 2-3 SANFL and that our mature age picks would be something for them to consider. Gut feel is there is already an agreement in principle in place.

I didn't hear it, but with Kornes and Lloyd you can just picture how that intervuew went down.

I imagine the same question got asked, multiple times

3 years maybe. Not that good when we need to be bringing in guys that hopefully will be part of a premiership side going forward. I dont believe he is what we require

We are just speculating here, but I think given his body type and elite endurance, plus playing a more outside role, that scully could play till 33.

and it is this type of thinking that had us lose Kennedy after putting two years into his development. Dumb. Fevola was A grade talent, but he had on field flaws, that were bad for team culture. You had the but around the wrong way....
He would give too many 50 metres away being petulant. I loved his talent but hated his flaws just as much. It was perfect time to get Judd and give up something of A grade talent that also had serious flaws for team football. I was asked what I would have done and at the time it is what I would have done, and decade on still think the same. Only pissed me off more when years later shit hit fan and we traded him much later when he was damaged good and got less than his value.
We didn't put any development into Kennedy, he just happened to be on the list for 2 years, and we got great value for Fevola, it is just what we did with the pick that sucked.

Entertaining an offer is a given, but Shiel, Setterfield and Scully for this year's 1st, given where our rebuild is at, will not get it done. Scully and Shiel improves us short term, but Scully won't be around for our next tilt, while Shiel might. That leaves Setterfield to develop with the core group, yet has struggled to get on the park.

You don't use pick 1 this year for a injury prone kid, Scully that won't be there when contending and Shiel that may or may not be there for a flag.

I think SOS takes pick 1 to the draft, rather than doing that deal

If we are to believe Jason McCartney (GWS List Manager) then Scully isn't going anywhere

I didn't hear it, but with Kornes and Lloyd you can just picture how that picture went down.

It literally started with Kornes reading out a quote from SOS in response to the Gibbs trade being sprung in 2017, saying something to the effect of "he's a required player and a contracted player, so overs will need to be paid", followed by the question "Has this quote come back to haunt Carlton!?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back