Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinking back to this time last year, how far have we improved here?

I think it’s hugely.

Last year we couldn’t attract Smith or Rockliff or Saad. We acquired Matt Kennedy and Darcy Lang; and lost Bryce Gibbs.

This year, we’re chosen by Mitch McGovern, right in the mix seriously, for Shiel, Setterfield, and quite possibly Parker.

No doom and gloom here, despite our awful season!

I'm sure this time last year we were talking about Marchbank, Devon Smith, Saad and maybe Rockliff....only 1 eventuated ;P

Anyone feel this draft is like the equivalent of discussion we were having of Gibbs VS Gumbleton where Lukosius is Gumbleton... Walsh is Gibbs.

Yes to a point, but Gibbs has linage, father a champ, physical superiority at 190 cm, good footy IQ and a precise kicking action. Walsh has potential and had very good underage form, but both midfielders have had this, in the other areas Sam is lacking.

Hopefully to land Shiel/Setters/Governator SOS is creative.. maybe we bite the bullet..

Kreuzer's best mate is Cotchin and Richmond can't use Grigg as a second ruck and with Tiger's in the window... how about trade Kreuzer, and future 3rd to Richmond for pick 16 (will prob be 17/18), Richmond pick ties up McGovernator.

Then Geelong need picks to get some father and son's they're after, so maybe trade our 24 & 25 for pick 11 (Geelong get about ~200 points more value)... that pick 11 and our future 1st/2nd can be bundled in a trade to land Shiels and Setterfield if need be or help us land some other big fishies!

A) Kreuzer and a third rounder for McGovern? Yuck.
B) Geelong's highest rated F/S is Brownless...rated in the late second or early third round. Downgrading 11 to 24 and 25 does nothing for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi ladies and gents. I always read, but don't often post. Wanted to give my thoughts tho on our midfield.
1) I have no rumours or inside info.
2) would love to get shiels and setters
3) if we don't - 1a) Kennedy will be big for us next year 1b) Dow and Walsh are exciting 1c) Murphy can still have spurts in midfield. 1d) Fisher- love him

So while we look plenty short in midfield based on last year, we will be better next year with what we already have. Cripps already has more support.

But shiel and setters. Wow. Please. We are due

That's all

EP is on the money it’s 50/50 with Shiel ...I think he’ll end up at the Hawks and that will give us a much better chance of Securing Setterfield who will be a star.
Thanks barass70!

If it's 50/50 what makes you think he'll end up at Hawks? Wouldn't that be more like 30/70?

Appreciate the ongoing info and updates.

Thinking back to this time last year, how far have we improved here?

I think it’s hugely.

Last year we couldn’t attract Smith or Rockliff or Saad. We acquired Matt Kennedy and Darcy Lang; and lost Bryce Gibbs.

This year, we’re chosen by Mitch McGovern, right in the mix seriously, for Shiel, Setterfield, and quite possibly Parker.

No doom and gloom here, despite our awful season!

I agree with you, .something special will be fashioned, by Silvagni, Agresta & Brodie, that’s a competent team.
I have a good feeling about this trade/draft period.
We must be resolute early days yet.

EP is on the money it’s 50/50 with Shiel ...I think he’ll end up at the Hawks and that will give us a much better chance of Securing Setterfield who will be a star.
What do you think is tipping him over to the Hawks B70 ?

Tbh while I would love Shiel, I would be more devastated if we missed out on Setterfield. He’s a bargain pick up in the right age bracket who can become elite.

Shiel is a big investment and while worthwhile, it was always going to be hard when you win 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back