Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me, it's the cost. I don't think spending a pick between 1-6 (2019 1st rounder) for a fullback is wise business in our current position.

Agree. Let's say Shiel and May are equal footballers (very good, just shy of AA level).....

May would replace Jones/Rowe.
Sheil would replace one of Kerridge/Lang/Graham/Garlett.

I think the latter provides a more significant upgrade to our team.

Tweets Tweets, current page.
SuperFooty (AFL) followed

1. SuperFooty (AFL)‏Verified account @superfooty 2m2 minutes ago

LOOK OUT! Carlton is meeting with Greater Western Sydney this morning to explore a last-ditch play for midfield jet Dylan Shiel. @heraldsunmick has the latest. https://bit.ly/2CO2ugG
We have developed a contingency plan with GWS. No more, no less. Source OR spoken of 2 days ago and updated last nite when he posted that GWS had been in touch to discuss contingency again.
As everyone says... little chance to happen so carry in with your knitting, woodwork projects and binge watching Draftday. (Or , you know...work.;)

Here we goooooo, the scenes if this eventuates

Also, props to Burton and the way he’s stood up for himself. A very talented player and they want to throw him away like that. Good on him.

Worst part of the live coverage is 830 is 530 WST. I should have booked today off, now I need an excuse to finish at 3. Gonna go with sick kid
Not a bad plan works most of the time, just need to ensure you have a kid.....when I went with it once I nearly ended up in jail for allegedly kidnapping....

SOS trolling *

rolling.gif

I hate Hawthorn as much as the next bloke, but it's pretty sad seeing some of the dismissal of their sublime drafting and trading ability over the years as well as their skill in remaining competitive for a decade now. They won't plummet like many are predicting, we would kill for a culture and set up like theirs.

No one can question what they have done in the past, but the decisions to remain relevant, is starting to become an interesting tipping point. This is who they have drafted in the last 5 years. How would you rate their future prospects

Pick Name Status
24 Billy Hartung Gone
38 Dayle Garlett Gone

56 James Sicily B Grade
31 Daniel Howe B Grade
49 Teia Miles Developing
50 Marc Pittonet Developing
19 Ryan Burton Going
22 Kieran Lovell B Grade
44 Blake Hardwick Potential A Grade
74 Harry Morrison Developing
76 Mitchell Lewis ??
45 James Worpel B Grade
67 Dylan Moore Developing
71 Jackson Ross Developing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have developed a contingency plan with GWS. No more, no less. Source OR spoken of 2 days ago and updated last nite when he posted that GWS had been in touch to discuss contingency again.
As everyone says... little chance to happen so xarry in with your knitting, woodwork projects and binge watching Draftday. (Or , you know...work.;)

It's basically GWS leaking a "contingency plan" to the media so Dodoro hurries up and does the deal.

This is a work and no body is falling for it.

I hope our offer to GWS is less than before, not more. If they're struggling to get a deal done we need to turn the screws on them. And Shiel has devalued his worth somewhat by nominating *.

Id say maybe the meetings about Finlayson not Shiel

I hope we have a HUGE last day of trading.
I don't care about Shiel despite being keen to get him all year.
I'd rather a guy like Gasoline tbh because he wants to be here and has a point to prove to himself, the club and the footy world.
Regardless of what trades we can swing today, the addition of McGovern, Setterfield, Fasolo, Walsh? and maybe even Newman makes us a lot more competitive next year.
I hope that getting Newman doesn't mean that Williamson is doubtful.
Bring on a big day of trades.
Go Blues!

That Gasoline guy has the most upside - will give us a real boost in the engine room.

But seriously, I don't think Newman replaces Williamson - different players.

Williamson is more athletic, HBFer, wingman.

Newman more of a hardnut, grunt player - genuine mature back-half mongrel that we've been needing for a while. Think he'll be really good for us.

Have a Swans mate who reckons he was great a few years back, and although playing well in the seconds more recently, the coach inexplicably refused to play him on form.

It's basically GWS leaking a "contingency plan" to the media so Dodoro hurries up and does the deal.

This is a work and no body is falling for it.
Unfortunately, yes. We are all A students now, in afldirtytricks 101.

That Gasoline guy has the most upside - will give us a real boost in the engine room.

But seriously, I don't think Newman replaces Williamson - different players.

Williamson is more athletic, HBFer, wingman.

Newman more of a hardnut, grunt player - genuine mature back-half mongrel that we've been needing for a while. Think he'll be really good for us.

Have a Swans mate who reckons he was great a few years back, and although playing well in the seconds more recently, the coach inexplicably refused to play him on form.

Let’s hope Newman is the defensive back pocket we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back