Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cant see how we have the trade bait pick wise for Sheil...if some players are thrown in with a pick then sure but I cant see what we have to give GWS in that sense either.
Makes today a bit more interesting, but I don't see it happening.
And I don't want to see us sell the farm to get this bloke.
If at the end of the day it pushes * to fold to GWS demands then so be it...jobs done.

Don't take 2 phones too seriously... but he's on deck at Marvel/AFL House... Patton aye.

That would be the mother of all salary dumps since we have absolutely zero need for Patton with the forwards on our list and his injury issues.

Even Palmer was at least an area of need and played some senior games.

Anyone know how much Patton's new contract is worth? I can't imagine it would be more than $500k given his issues.

That would be the mother of all salary dumps since we have absolutely zero need for Patton with the forwards on our list and his injury issues.

Anyone know how much Patton's new contract is worth? I can't imagine it would be more than $500k given his issues.

Big upgrade on Casboult. McKay is very young and needs time. Patton can play fwd/ruck and has talent. Not against it for right price

Our defensive structure would be complete with a mongrel FB - the best available developed and proven mongrel FB is May. May wants out of GC. GC are happy to trade - get May.
Our midfield needs a developed playmaker of class. Shiela is teh best developed playmaking inside outside mid available - GWS wanted pick #1 or close - easy to give pick#1 or close.

All SOS has to do is orchestrate proper at the margin adjustment for pick#1 this yaer - which coudl be a player +Sheila and for Pick#1 next year for may - which could be a swap of picks.

USE the picks for the genuine developed needs- be brave .

Patton for Casboult seems fair to me

rolling.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be funny if we took patton for a late pick which allowed GWS to keep Shiel. If I was GWS that's what I would be thinking. Keep the midfield together to win a flag. They don't need Patton for that. Patton injury prone and just a player, probably on huge dollars, like Scully.

I would have thought closer to 750k

But I don’t know that just an assumption

It came out late last night that EssenDONE are looking for GWS to add Finlayson to Shiela in order to 'justify' two first rounders to GWS.
There are LOTS of ways to frustrate the EssenDONE deal in order to maximise the price EssenDONE will have to pay.

I continue to believe that Shiela and another player is worth this year's first rounder and I would not hesitate for a second to give up this year's first rounder and next year's for Shiela / May and another strong player + a pick in the top10.

THAT is the killer deal.

Our defensive structure would be complete with a mongrel FB - the best available developed and proven mongrel FB is May. May wants out of GC. GC are happy to trade - get May.
Our midfield needs a developed playmaker of class. Shiela is teh best developed playmaking inside outside mid available - GWS wanted pick #1 or close - easy to give pick#1 or close.

All SOS has to do is orchestrate proper at the margin adjustment for pick#1 this yaer - which coudl be a player +Sheila and for Pick#1 next year for may - which could be a swap of picks.

USE the picks for the genuine developed needs- be brave .

Any chance we can drop the casual sexism garbage?

Thanks.

Why not if it helps us?

1. Tribes need enemies and EssenDONE is Carlton's #1 tribal enemy - for starters.
2. Shiela was a perfect fit for Carlton and DOdodra conend GWS nuffies so teh least SOS can do is force EssenDONe to pay overs- that helps us.
3. EssenDONE have NOTHING we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back