Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under no circumstances should we include a player for Petracca.

Jeremy Cameron the last mega player trade was picks only.

The talk of us giving up McKay is purely Carlton hating media driven - you don’t hear them saying that Collingwood have to give up DeGoey or Darcy Moore.

**** em!!!

Picks only.

I’d give up our first rounders this year and next and back our draft team to find some gems and I’m backing that the Camporeale twins and Cody Walker will provide us “walk up first round quality”, in the next few years.

:thumbsu:

I think it would be hard fitting petracca in unless we move a big piece on big coin. Harry would be an ideal trade for Melbourne as they’ve needed someone like him for some time. McKay would hate it as the demons are about to hit the wall. We don’t really have the cash to fit in petracca unless his contract is partly being paid by Melbourne.

I do think we ought to consider Trac, but not in terms of losing those players many have already mentioned, nor at expense of blowing up LM strategy in terms of salary. For me, draft picks (without completing blowing up the future) plus Trac agrees to lower salary. Personally, I think there are other Victorian based clubs better placed to get Trac...

We cannot trade H for Petracca.

Would be a foolish move and if that is all the Demons want we should walk away. Anyone wanting it really needs to understand what we would look like IF Charlie went down and even if he doesn’t get use to him having 3 defenders on him with no one else to deliver the ball to as an inside 50 target. We worked and invested to much time into H and Charlie and look how dangerous we are when they are both on and we are not injury riddled.

Petracca is 29 and recovering from a broken spleen and also had an ACL early on in his career. He is fools gold and not worth Harry in any way IMO.

Would love Petracca but not for McKay, McKay plays as our CHF has a tank, runs the wings when we need a release kick. Petracca is a gun but no way am I trading McKay for Petracca. If we do that trade then that will be one of the many big mistakes we have made over the past 25 years.

As a contracted player, Harry has to agree to a trade; Melbourne would have to offer him more and longer than what he is on now, unconditional. If Petracca definitely wants to come to Carlton he would have to be happy to settle his Dee's income and fit into the Carlton cap. I think I've almost seen enough of Kemp as a forward to know he's a good foil to Charlie. Petracca is so much more than just a mid, between him and Crippa we'd be almost an irresistible force of nature for long enough to snag a flag

As good as Judd was for us i am still not over the Josh Kennedy trade and dont you dare do it again CFC and Petracca aint anywhere near Judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca/H chatter:

Trade is a chance, questions all season about playing H/TDK and Charlie in the same side (too tall and slows us down).
Voss likes the big guys.
Petracca a game changer which we don’t have.

My mail, he definitely wants out and wants Carlton…
I'd want something back

McKay also ain’t anywhere near Kennedy
On what grounds?

McKay has won a Coleman. Kennedy was all potential when we traded him.

Show me in what way was Kennedys career better at the time we traded him than what Harry is right now.

Salary cap is the other consideration. Would be interesting to know how much space we create if mooted departures in Marchbank, Martin and Cuningham were all to leave. Given their age they'd be on bigger contracts than newbies so would free up some space, it's just whether it's enough or not.

I think you’d be surprised at how many Dees fans would rather the picks too, but where on earth do we get them for that calibre a player? Hands are kinda tied really.

My only query here is, again, if the rumours are true (where there’s smoke there’s usually fire)

Then you’d have to think we are already heavily invested into Trac
The last sentence is what scares me the most!

Salary cap is the other consideration. Would be interesting to know how much space we create if mooted departures in Marchbank, Martin and Cuningham were all to leave. Given their age they'd be on bigger contracts than newbies so would free up some space, it's just whether it's enough or not.
Marchy and Cunners were on 1 year deals, would have been low money.
Martin was in $620k, but heavily front ended. Would have been about half that this year.

As a contracted player, Harry has to agree to a trade; Melbourne would have to offer him more and longer than what he is on now, unconditional. If Petracca definitely wants to come to Carlton he would have to be happy to settle his Dee's income and fit into the Carlton cap. I think I've almost seen enough of Kemp as a forward to know he's a good foil to Charlie. Petracca is so much more than just a mid, between him and Crippa we'd be almost an irresistible force of nature for long enough to snag a flag

Having been through a long rebuild with us, why would Harry want to go to Melbourne who many are speculating are about to enter a rebuilding phase and possibly a fractured playing group? He signed a long contract with us so he’s happy and well remunerated. Why would we push out a guy who’s happy.. we’d create our own disharmony amongst the team doing that. If Petracca wants to get to us it will most likely have to be for picks and an expendable asset. May even need a third club involved. I agree Kemp should be our third tall forward next year. He’s far more comfortable as a forward and with H and Charlie alongside him he’ll get better looks.

Suspect Cerra's coin, with the inclusion of other departures mooted above, would be enough. It makes sense from my perspective.

But otherwise, i'm sure we can move stuff around.

Petracca/H chatter:

Trade is a chance, questions all season about playing H/TDK and Charlie in the same side (too tall and slows us down).
Voss likes the big guys.
Petracca a game changer which we don’t have.

My mail, he definitely wants out and wants Carlton…

Weird argument, we are treacle slow in the midfield making the 3 headed monster seem cumbersome….nek minut, bring in Trac who whilst has a burst is not “fast”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back