Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What assets are tradable?

Their only pick in the first two rounds is 32..

They’ll get 34 for Noble you’d think, so:

If they get Trac, the assumption from Melbourne would be that the Pies would be going deep in 2025, putting their first in 2025 at 14 or so.

14 (2025), 32,34 and F2 (32 or so) is not going to be enough for Trac.

If they are to get this done, it’s going to need to be a player outside their core stars that they cannot afford to lose (Cameron, Daicos x2, Moore, Maynard, JDG) and it’ll need to be someone relatively young (so not Mitchell, Howe, Sidebottom, Pendles, Elliott, Crisp, McStay)

What does that leave?

Bobby Hill
Ed Allan
Beau McCreery
Issac Quaynor

I think of those, Hill and Quaynor are worth a late first and Allan/McCreery are mid to late seconds at most

Allan has huge scope too, so would they trade him?

I don’t think they can get it done without emptying two years of the draft at the pointy end (leading into Tasmania) and getting rid of a best 22 player.

Huge outgoing with an aging list profile and Tasmania going in. They would almost guarantee bottom four for 5+ years as they’d be so hamstrung for future movements in the years to come. Would Nick stick around and play for a poor club during the peak of his career?

Seems like list suicide

In regards to the Noble trade, I would not be shocked if they end up with a late first round from that (perhaps Pick 20). Gold Coast always seem to pay big overs so that is not out of the question.

Add that to a 2025 pick, an F2 and a player, and they'd be in with a good short there. I would not discount them at all.

Once again, it is all speculation. We don't even know how credible the Petracca report is. Until we hear that he has nominated Carlton as his club of choice, then speculation of how we would get him here is not helpful.

In regards to the Noble trade, I would not be shocked if they end up with a late first round from that (perhaps Pick 20). Gold Coast always seem to pay big overs so that is not out of the question.

Add that to a 2025 pick, an F2 and a player, and they'd be in with a good short there. I would not discount them at all.

Once again, it is all speculation. We don't even know how credible the Petracca report is. Until we hear that he has nominated Carlton as his club of choice, then speculation is not helpful.
They need to pay overs for Rioli this year as well who is their main trade target

I would heavily discount them, I don't see how they get it done without completely destroying their list

They need to pay overs for Rioli this year as well who is their main trade target

I would heavily discount them, I don't see how they get it done without completely destroying their list

They will pay overs for Rioli too. I think Rioli will probably get their Pick 13. It will be interesting to see if Richmond send them a pick with that as well.

Nothing is set in stone until he nominates a club. Who knows? Might even stay at Melbourne for all we know.

They will pay overs for Rioli too. I think Rioli will probably get their Pick 13. It will be interesting to see if Richmond send them a pick with that as well.

Nothing is set in stone until he nominates a club. Who knows? Might even stay at Melbourne for all we know.
Your approach is pragmatic, I can't be critical of that - but I just don't see him staying at Melbourne.

Trac has just came out and said that the surgeon had told his fiance that there was a chance he passed away whilst in the ICU.

If he is saying that in a public forum, I reckon he is completely done with Melbourne.

Your approach is pragmatic, I can't be critical of that - but I just don't see him staying at Melbourne.

Trac has just came out and said that the surgeon had told his fiance that there was a chance he passed away whilst in the ICU.

If he is saying that in a public forum, I reckon he is completely done with Melbourne.

I agree that he is probably done with Melbourne, but I have a feeling that Melbourne value him so highly that he will not be traded unless it is for extreme overs.

I just can't see him being traded on that basis. It's going to take a team with heavy draft capital for it to happen. I would not shocked if they give him the option of Richmond / Essendon or staying.

We also got a cult figure out of it and one of the fastest players I’ve ever seen. Yazz’s second goal… Army starts 15m behind him.

Could u imagine that happening in todays team, 3 full sprint efforts from multiple players & it would sound like New Year’s Eve with all hammies going pop 😂

Doesn't seem that vitriolic in any way to me, if anything seems quite pragmatic.

The Professional Suicide line in context isn't anywhere near as inflamattory as it seems as a headline. He basically said the approach they took (for which he was part of and endorsed) was the career suicide, not going to Carlton in broader terms.

I think in retrospect all of us would agree with that. Pushing people out over 30 early, 45 player turnover in 3 years, relying too much on youngsters and not having on field leadership was what he was referring to, not Carlton.

Completely agree here. It's the same reason why that West Coast job has so few quality takers.

When we took Bolton on with the strategy that we had in place we were at least a coach away from being successful.

He was put into a position where he was forced to push the "green shoots" narrative and it grows extremely old quickly when all you're doing is fronting up every week and getting pantsed. Members grumble, players stop listening to the repeated message, the media sticks their boots in and the eventual outcome is guaranteed.

We were coming from so far back. Too far for one coach.

It's not a dig at the club - it's accurate.

The one we got wrong was Teague.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry McKay (via his manager) has made it unequivocally clear that he will NOT be involved in any trade scenarios.

Can we all just read this again ... and again ... and again and a thousand times if necessary until it sinks in and we all move on!

**** I love Dennis.

Would give my left nut for someone who consistently gave us what he does. It's a big thing this current team is missing.

Not the most talented player on the list but my god was he a selfless, courageous, worker.

When was the last time a player for player trade was made where one of those players had no interest in leaving pre-trade period?

Judd is only one I can think of and we're not going to do that again.

If he truly wants out. 11 + F1 will do

Harry McKay (via his manager) has made it unequivocally clear that he will NOT be involved in any trade scenarios.

Can we all just read this again ... and again ... and again and a thousand times if necessary until it sinks in and we all move on!
What is he meant to say???

What is he meant to say???

04099f09aad2c053cfd39304103f9574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How many taps to advantage did he give? How many shepherds and blocks to allow our midfield possession? How many contests did he negate and stopped Marshal from giving StKilda first use? Sorry - he did influence around the ground, but he did a lot of heavy work. Not saying I would or wouldn't replace him with TdK. I just don't think it's that simple.
Big O also makes a huge difference everytike we play them.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back