Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mate.

SOS's deals for McGovern, Martin and Williams are the reason our cap has struggled.

Lot of money parked in players who don't play enough.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
SOS deals for McGovern and Martin were heavily front loaded for us to meet the cap minimum..

Over paying for B- graders in Williams and Cerra and B grader Saad are all on Austin and Co.

Last edited:
I’d be shocked to be sitting here if H was on the table…having said that nothing would surprise me

See that….its an each way bet : gamble responsibly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope it's not because Voss sees Pittonet as the #1 ruck, with TDK replacing McKay and playing backup ruck. (I don't rate Pittonet at all, I also don't like playing all 3, though 🫤)

Quite honestly, I would not be trading Harry in a Petracca deal. I wouldn't be trading McKay for anyone unless you have another AA caliber key forward coming back.

I don't believe you absolutely require both McKay and Curnow in the 22 to win any specific game - including a grand final. However, I don't believe we can rely solely on Curnow or McKay to get us there in one piece. Both have a documented injury history. I'd absolutely loathe to trade McKay and then have Curnow go down or vice versa.

I believe Kempy can become a great third forward with Harry and Charlie. Similar to the way Brad Pearce was the missing piece next to Sticks and Spalding in the '95 premiership team but I'd prefer him to stay as that third option. Get in Haynes from GWS for cheap via free agency, draft a developing tall and keep Young (if nobody comes knocking).

Coincidentally, one of the things that impressed me yesterday was that it was easily the most comfortable Young looked with Weiters in the team with him for a good two years.

But I want to keep that McKay and Curnow pairing. Add to it with Kemp. A healthy Durdin, a fitter Motlop next year. Hopefully Zac Williams can get a sustained run of health because he fits into that unit like a glove. Keep Owies if it doesn't cost too much. There's an awesome forward line with pressure, size, athleticism and power for days.

I hope it's not because Voss sees Pittonet as the #1 ruck, with TDK replacing McKay and playing backup ruck. (I don't rate Pittonet at all, I also don't like playing all 3, though 🫤)

It was one game. He played a terrific game but he needs to back it up and keep backing it up before he can stamp a (re)claim on a starting ruck role.

Quite honestly, I would not be trading Harry in a Petracca deal. I wouldn't be trading McKay for anyone unless you have another AA caliber key forward coming back.

I don't believe you absolutely require both McKay and Curnow in the 22 to win any specific game - including a grand final. However, I don't believe we can rely solely on Curnow or McKay to get us there in one piece. Both have a documented injury history. I'd absolutely loathe to trade McKay and then have Curnow go down or vice versa.

I believe Kempy can become a great third forward with Harry and Charlie. Similar to the way Brad Pearce was the missing piece next to Sticks and Spalding in the '95 premiership team but I'd prefer him to stay as that third option. Get in Haynes from GWS for cheap via free agency, draft a developing tall and keep Young (if nobody comes knocking).

Coincidentally, one of the things that impressed me yesterday was that it was easily the most comfortable Young looked with Weiters in the team with him for a good two years.

But I want to keep that McKay and Curnow pairing. Add to it with Kemp. A healthy Durdin, a fitter Motlop next year. Hopefully Zac Williams can get a sustained run of health because he fits into that unit like a glove. Keep Owies if it doesn't cost too much. There's an awesome forward line with pressure, size, athleticism and power for days.

It was one game. He played a terrific game but he needs to back it up and keep backing it up before he can stamp a (re)claim on a starting ruck role.
I see things exactly the same way, mate. Keep Brodie up forward and Young down back - looked very good. Kemp could be the goal-kicking third tall (or a strong 2nd foil to the twin towers if one goes down). I think we're still missing speed around the contest and need to push our mids to run both ways a bit more, which may come down to better player management and conditioning. But the pieces are there.

Kemp could easily be our key forward (off one game sample😂) throw Curnow or McKay down back with the bot?

Some peoples memories of players seem to go back max a month or so here:

Stupid things I’ve read:

- Trade Harry (had an excellent year until the concussion/virus)

- Trade Walsh and/or Walsh sucks. (Clearly back issues or lack of fitness base, guy was player of the finals series less than a year ago ffs)

- Entire midfield aside from Cripps can’t play football

- Saad isn’t any more than a b grader

I see what happens, people look at a recent patch of so so form for both a player and the side and then link it to the previous patch of poor form and ignore any good form outside of that. Combo of recency bias and selectively remembering the past.

It goes the other way too, Kemp suddenly GOAT forward. I think it’s something to persist with, but as a 3rd forward, not moving on Harry or Charlie based on a sample size of one game.

Some peoples memories of players seem to go back max a month or so here:

Stupid things I’ve read:

- Trade Harry (had an excellent year until the concussion/virus)

- Trade Walsh and/or Walsh sucks. (Clearly back issues or lack of fitness base, guy was player of the finals series less than a year ago ffs)

- Entire midfield aside from Cripps can’t play football

- Saad isn’t any more than a b grader

I see what happens, people look at a recent patch of so so form for both a player and the side and then link it to the previous patch of poor form and ignore any good form outside of that. Combo of recency bias and selectively remembering the past.

It goes the other way too, Kemp suddenly GOAT forward. I think it’s something to persist with, but as a 3rd forward, not moving on Harry or Charlie based on a sample size of one game.
The absurdity of recency bias is prevalent around here.

McKay would be a crazy trade. Would rather turn him into a key defender which is high priority. He and Weitering would be two AA quality key backs. McKay is also an AA quality key forward. Also plays part time ruck at a high level.

We wouldn't trade someone of that level who could fill two crucial spots in our side and three crucial roles.

The only excess of good player we have are with our inside mids. We have a lot of quality big bodies in the centre but an excess there.

I think we will very much behave like Geelong and Sydney. Plenty of players are tradable. But not the cream.

AFL obviously intent on dialling down the physicality, reckon we’re gonna see more N Daicos types going forward.

In unrelated news, Craig McRae has asked the AFL to allow coaches to hand out 45 votes every week...

he doesn't want to bash tdks body
Also Pittonet is your crash & bash type who is used against similar types like Darcy(Freo) and Nankervis who are more physical, and leave TDK for the type of ruck where he can use his athleticism to jump over them. Still feel it`s a better balance with both Pitto and TDK in the team.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back