Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are officially in silly season now.

TDK was sitting next to a teammate (St Kilda list managers son) and Gubby Allen, at a game against St Kilda where Gubby Allen is literally in the stadium, and it somehow means TDK is going to St Kilda.

C’mon.
Absolutely spot on, RPCB. I mean, it doesn’t even make logical sense. I know TDK is the most promising ruckman in the league, but St Kilda have one of the very best with Marshall. I’m filing this one in the “too stupid to even be a remote possibility” file.

If he is contemplating leaving however, we'd rather know now so we can plan ahead. But Cats will want him for free so I suspect we won't be told anything.

I don't want to lose him, but if isn't staying, I'd lose him a year earlier to get currency for other players.
It would be shit to get a late 1st for him

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a smart move from TDK and his manager, his value will be at its highest when he's a FA. Doesn't mean he isn't committed to us.
Only average players like Pitto require the job security of a longish contract.

It's totally unnecessary for a quality player to accept less money for a longer term deal.

Don’t beg for mongrels on the field and then complain when you get one, May is a ripping player, hard at it, plays on the edge, id bet he’s a knob but so what.

He would be an ideal partner for Weitering
He's a knob with a flag. None of our gentlemen have one.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am shocked to be sitting here that after all the hooting and hollering over Andrew Russell’s impending retirement that we currently have supporters that are all for trading Harry McKay for a player who’s body might be so ****ed that it’s more ****ed than Caleb Marchbank’s.

Crazy.

I mean, that's not true though mate. There is no concern with the recovery from an injury like this, let alone being equal to Marchbank. This has been pointed out multiple times and everybody keep repeating this.

Harry isn't being traded, and Petracca's body is fine.

I mean, that's not true though mate. There is no concern with the recovery from an injury like this, let alone being equal to Marchbank. This has been pointed out multiple times and everybody keeps repeating this.

Harry isn't being traded, and Petracca's body is fine.

I hope Trac’s body is fine. It was a devastating injury he suffered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have worries about Petracca's fitness / health. I am not concerned about potential trades of our gun players (because I reckon that won't happen). Nor do I doubt Trac would enhance our overall performance if at club. For me, it's a question of cost (draft picks + Trac's salary) and overall LM strategy. For me, Dees would need to accept unders, and Trac would need to take a significant haircut to his salary. Neither are out of the question if it's as bad at Demonland as has been reported...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy moley probably 10k posts and we ultimately dodged a massive bullet there
Good Times Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Look at the Hawks and their numbers of guns....quit the sugar hit and design a system that other teams struggle to breakdown

I thought the Hawks were winning because their kids have silly goal celebrations.

That's what the media told me... ;)

Message second hand through our group from person that is heavily involved in player movement. Never discusses player names

Austin and team are extremely active and have spoken with everyone possible
Not looking at any "big" name players at this stage
Believe List is in a good spot. Needs are tall defenders and run off HB
Massive focus on fitness and medical by Cook. Expect big changes in dept after season over
Want to use first round pick in draft. Looking for deals to get more first round picks as believe there is good players up to 20-25. Mids and Talls. Won't be easy as many clubs want the same. Pushed for same last year but couldn't get a deal
Have money is salary cap if "big" name falls our way but happy to work with list we have with smart additions. Next year will be in great spot for any FA deals

Stanley, Roughead, Bailey, Blake & Campbell.
He's had competitive games against the likes of Nankervis.
Pittonet has been poor but his best is serviceable, my question is around his durability & whether he's capable of getting back to his best.
From the list above, I certainly don't see an elite ruck as a must have for premiership success.

Roughead is the name that I suggested is better.

The way that Geelong utilized Stanley combined with his support is vastly superior to that of Pittonet.

Max Bailey and Mark Blake do not count. Both had rucks on the day vastly superior to Pittonet (Hale and Ottens in support. We'd need the same.

Campbell was hugely underrated. Ask any Hawks supporter who was better and they'll laugh at you. As they probably would with Bailey who's biggest drawback was his injury proneness.

Pittonet is not a serviceable premiership ruckman. Hell, I'd argue that his best against the genuine premiership ruckman in the league is laughable. He had Rowan Marshall on one leg and being considered as being subbed out early in last week's game and he still absolutely took him to town.

The only game Pittonet has looked good in since TDK went down was against a club who's hopeful primary ruckman was out (played 4 games this year) and who has recognized that they too desperately need another option.

IF we trade TDK and expect Pittonet to carry us to a premiership you're shutting the door on this list's premiership window.\

Message second hand through our group from person that is heavily involved in player movement. Never discusses player names

Massive focus on fitness and medical by Cook. Expect big changes in dept after season over
Want to use first round pick in draft. Looking for deals to get more first round picks as believe there is good players up to 20-25. Mids and Talls. Won't be easy as many clubs want the same. Pushed for same last year but couldn't get a deal
Have money is salary cap if "big" name falls our way but happy to work with list we have with smart additions. Next year will be in great spot for any FA deals
Sounds bloody good to me.

Melbourne has nobody to blame but themselves.

They approached Miles Bergman and Dan Houston to get them across with the “homesickness card” after Port crashed out of the finals …. And then once Port got wind of it, they did the smart thing and made re-advances to Kozi (who knocked them back two years ago) in order to have further some skin in the game if a trade went down.

Fast forward and Miles is happy and staying put in Adelaide, Houston wants nothing to do with the mess at Melbourne … and Kozi wants to come home to Port.

The ultimate **** around and find out.

Can't blame Melbourne for putting out feelers to players, surely?

This thread has had 50+ pages since the story broke (like the old Coniglio“rabbit” days), I’m 20 pages behind and can’t keep up, you’ll all wear yourselves out…

Enough to give ya rumourtoid arthritis ;)

Last edited:
Can't blame Melbourne for putting out feelers to players, surely?

Nor can you blame them for using the most common trading tactic either (most famous recent Carlton example is Dodoro when he went after TDK). Start as high as possible and work your way down from there.

Shift the onus onto the other club to see how much they want your player.

You’d suggest our ability to be in a great space for FA space next year (2026) is because out current band of FA being paid significantly overs for output, but more importantly, games played. A couple of exceptions of course.
A massive lesson on just how easily these type of deals can make or break things.
Do you take the less risky moneyball approach, or the alternate all in approach? In other words, established over draft.
Would suggest that with our current list it’s time to put them on the line and be “all in”
Think our window with this list shuts end of 2028

Is it a surprise with everything that has circulated about the Melbourne Football Club over the past few years?

They've had about as much off-field drama as a club could have. It's not limited to one or two issues but messes throughout the entire club.

The success that they had on-field papered over the cracks and ignored it while they were a premiership contender.

The second they are no longer successful?

It's all catching up to them.

The shit is hitting the fan. There is no stability in that club anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back