Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Message second hand through our group from person that is heavily involved in player movement. Never discusses player names

Austin and team are extremely active and have spoken with everyone possible
Not looking at any "big" name players at this stage
Believe List is in a good spot. Needs are tall defenders and run off HB
Massive focus on fitness and medical by Cook. Expect big changes in dept after season over
Want to use first round pick in draft. Looking for deals to get more first round picks as believe there is good players up to 20-25. Mids and Talls. Won't be easy as many clubs want the same. Pushed for same last year but couldn't get a deal
Have money is salary cap if "big" name falls our way but happy to work with list we have with smart additions. Next year will be in great spot for any FA deals
Awesome. Get Houston.

TDK for Petracca, I would be okay with that. I don’t rate rucks as highly as some do.
Looks like an awesome trade/draft period coming up. Would be great if we had a count down clock to the draft stickied in one of the threads at the top of the page
TDK ain’t just ya normal ruckman. He’s gonna be the Gawn of his era

I’d rather hang onto Tom than Harry. He is a spiritual leader

He’s a lightning quick, Bobby Hill type that needs another 5 kilos of muscle.

Absolutely one we should be into, has plenty of extended family in Melbourne so that would help moving to the big smoke

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's not a Bobby hill type. Doesn't play as strong and not as good aerially or 1 on 1 inside 50.

I probably undersold his athleticism he's much quicker than Mots. He definitely has a few tricks ball in hand, I'd be keen but not for anything expensive.

Re: Harry McKay

We are NOT going to trade him. It's that simple. Not only is he happy at Carlton but to move a popular player without his want does damage to the group

I am big believer that Key Forwards are overrated in Flags these days. It's about options, ball use and winning the middle.

IMO Harry needs to do a pre season more around being 2nd ruck and more mobile. When he does he is very influential. He needs to be on the move. He is great runner and athlete. Charlie the same. They will still kick a lot of goals and probably create more

With Harry Charlie Kemp Silvagni Moir Williams Elijah Motlop Durdin Fogarty TDK O'Keefe all possible options we need to have a forward line that works as a group and isn't predictable

Message second hand through our group from person that is heavily involved in player movement. Never discusses player names

Massive focus on fitness and medical by Cook. Expect big changes in dept after season over
Want to use first round pick in draft. Looking for deals to get more first round picks as believe there is good players up to 20-25. Mids and Talls. Won't be easy as many clubs want the same. Pushed for same last year but couldn't get a deal
Have money is salary cap if "big" name falls our way but happy to work with list we have with smart additions. Next year will be in great spot for any FA deals
Thanks for the info, Soap.

Surprised small forwards with pace aren’t a key focus.

———

I’ve noticed Saad doesn’t really go on those long, fast runs much anymore. Is that age catching up with him, or an instruction to play more defensively?

IMO Harry needs to do a pre season more around being 2nd ruck and more mobile. When he does he is very influential. He needs to be on the move. He is great runner and athlete
Really agree with this. Earlier in the yr when playing no.2 ruck behind TDK I thought he went through periods of being in career best form. I thought his impact drifted when we went to 2 rucks and he stayed forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the info, Soap.

Surprised small forwards with pace aren’t a key focus.

I wouldn't say they aren't or aren't looking but just not as important. An X factor small forward would be great but they are rare and we do have Williams Fogarty Durdin & Motlop. The fact we are happy to let Owies go says we feel we are okay in this area

Soapy V. Reports are Leek Alir wants to stay another year. Is that your info too? Do you think he is open to moving for us. They reckon everyone is after him.

We are officially in silly season now.

TDK was sitting next to a teammate (St Kilda list managers son) and Gubby Allen, at a game against St Kilda where Gubby Allen is literally in the stadium, and it somehow means TDK is going to St Kilda.

C’mon.
And they showed a cut off vision of the box. It's quite probabe that SOS Sr was in there as well and JSOS invited TDK to go up there to visit his dad and see how the other half live.

TDK for Petracca, I would be okay with that. I don’t rate rucks as highly as some do.
Looks like an awesome trade/draft period coming up. Would be great if we had a count down clock to the draft stickied in one of the threads at the top of the page
Please no. A young ruckman that has the potential to be the best ruckman in the league and has shown that form for a great but older player that in all likelihood will be on the downward curve of form as age catches up with him - nevermind if he recovers fully from what were life-threatening injuries.

Yes, I would love Petracca but don't sell the farm to get him. Remember, Judd was great but he didn't win us a premiership (and he was considerably younger when he came to us).

Is that the same Cook that 6 months ago reviewed the high performance department and found there was nothing wrong with it?

Is that the same Cook that 6 months ago reviewed the high performance department and found there was nothing wrong with it?

He actually said Jack Russell isn't to blame and luck has a lot to do with it and they will keep reviewing
Fits in with his mantra of always improving and getting better. He hasn't blamed anyone and as you get more data you may need to change things
My read he is looking to take this area (like others) to the next level

Re: Harry McKay

We are NOT going to trade him. It's that simple. Not only is he happy at Carlton but to move a popular player without his want does damage to the group

I am big believer that Key Forwards are overrated in Flags these days. It's about options, ball use and winning the middle.

IMO Harry needs to do a pre season more around being 2nd ruck and more mobile. When he does he is very influential. He needs to be on the move. He is great runner and athlete. Charlie the same. They will still kick a lot of goals and probably create more

With Harry Charlie Kemp Silvagni Moir Williams Elijah Motlop Durdin Fogarty TDK O'Keefe all possible options we need to have a forward line that works as a group and isn't predictable

I like the cut of your jib sir.

Much better use of him than just plonking him in the forward line and leaving him there and I think he's much more mobile than Charlie. Would also like to see Kemp trialled in the JSOS role.

Harry and Charlie together forward with high dump kicks in just isn't the most effective way to go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back