Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take that.

In no crazy world does TDK get traded or even part of any trade discussion. The guy is an absolute gun.

Basketball Wives Agree GIF by VH1

Its a good point. Collingwood had really 0 key forwards. Hawthorn is going pretty well without a star forward. Maybe the game has moved on from key pillars.

Reckon it is moving for sure, Geelong another one with only one really.

Charlie and Kemp forward, Harry roaming and relief ruck, E Hollands, Fog, Zac and a more robust version of Martin/Cunners who can relieve in the middle along with options like Moir, Kennedy resting, Cottrell and it would also allow Owies/Mots and Durdin to be more effective.

Lets move to a more dynamic forward mix and get away from this "but we have two Coleman medallists just kick it to them" mentality.

I'd take that.

In no crazy world does TDK get traded or even part of any trade discussion. The guy is an absolute gun.

What if he leaves under a free Agency end of next year?
I want to keep him but I’d be trying to finalise an extension now, if the response is lukewarm and wanting significantly more than we are willing to pay then you maximise your position this offseason

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All very well being in “the window” but to win a premiership history says you need to be in the top 4.
This midfield hasn’t managed it.
We lack the most important piece … the explosive goal kicking mid.
Cripps needs that help now, not more 18yo kids … and the clock’s ticking …

Post of the day…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TDK is a 'pre-agent' this year?

Yep, and free agent next year

We run the risk already of losing him for less than market value. Let’s test him and his manager now so we can make a very informed decision.

My preference, he signs an extension and stays pre trade period….if he doesn’t then he’s my chess piece to get something of significance.

Last edited:
Reading the new rumour. Makes sense as the saints were really into Tom last year before he signed an extension with us.

Are we willing to part ways with TDK for Petrecca? I would assume it be a 3-way trade between Us/Saints/Melbourne if this were to occur.

Be something like.

Carlton
In: Petrecca
Out: TDK, Carlton 2024 3rd Rd (36-54 Range)

Saints:
In: TDK, Melbourne 2024 2nd Rd (Pick 23)
Out: StK 2024 1st Rd Pick (Pick 7)

Melbourne
In: StK 2024 1st Rd Pick (Pick 7), Carlton 2024 3rd Rd (36-54 Range)
Out: Petrecca, Melbourne 2024 2nd Rd (Pick 23)

Melbourne go into the draft with Pick 5 & 7 and rebuild?

Can't tell if I am under/over evaluating TDK.
TDK>Petracca in trade value.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Please no. A young ruckman that has the potential to be the best ruckman in the league and has shown that form for a great but older player that in all likelihood will be on the downward curve of form as age catches up with him - nevermind if he recovers fully from what were life-threatening injuries.

Yes, I would love Petracca but don't sell the farm to get him. Remember, Judd was great but he didn't win us a premiership (and he was considerably younger when he came to us).
When Judd came in we were getting pick 1 not pick 15.

Add Judd to our current line up. Would we be winning more?

The Giants game round 6 at Marvel if I’m remembering correctly was also a game where we actually went into F50 with far better method and delivery, makes a hell of a difference..
Wasn't that the aw Walsh got a serve at half time and then started handballing it more?

Yep, and free agent next year

We run the risk already of losing him for less than market value. Let’s test him and his manager now so we can make a very informed decision.

My preference, he signs an extension and stays pre trade period….if he doesn’t then he’s my chess piece to get something of significance.

If we are talking of trading TDK to unlock the Petracca deal - what if we threw Geelong in as a 3rd party ??

• TDK to Geelong
  • Trac to Carlton
  • ??? to Melbourne

Someone better at this may have a trade that works ?

Where he played more than half the time in defense... ?

I prefer context.
He played primarily as a forward in 2019 onwards

Even if you want to play that game, he’s still yet to kick 30 in a season

Just a completely idiotic comparison to compare McStay to McKay who kicks a lot more goals and plays just as high up the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back