Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Petracca gets to Carlton, suspect Cerra will be part of the deal
Would Cerra want to leave though? I’ve seen some posters refer to the Cerra whispers, but I havnt picked up on what they are. Is wanting to move on from us or open to moving on? I like Cerra, and he’s still young, so wouldn’t like to see him go but Trac is very tempting.

I find it crazy that someone so well regarded and trained, with a fantastic resume comes and performs worse than at anytime in his career.

Hasn't been the first, hopefully is the last

Part of the messiah complex.

Bring in the best, knowing that historically they've proven to be the best, and give them the power to not have to answer to anyone.

We did the same thing with Malthouse in a different position under the same presidency.

There is much more accountability at the club these days and it's time for our high performance and medical to catch up to other areas of the club. If this is the direction Cook leads the club in over the summer it'll be a massive upgrade.

Trac's price will have taken a nose dive as the damaging revelations have poured out.

Still a star, still worth a first rounders plus.

But it's not the Jeremy Cameron price that I thought it might be.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
This was obvious from the first moment it leaked. Melbourne holds no cards, Trac (and by extension his selected club of choice, if it is us) holds all the leverage.

Would Cerra want to leave though? I’ve seen some posters refer to the Cerra whispers, but I havnt picked up on what they are. Is wanting to move on from us or open to moving on? I like Cerra, and he’s still young, so wouldn’t like to see him go but Trac is very tempting.
He originally wanted to get to Melbourne and chose us as his second preference. The interest may still be there. He may also worry about his place in the midfield rotation if we were to bring Petracca in.

If he's on an average of $1.3 mill for the next 5 years a 40% haircut would be $520k discount. Doubt that he'd come over for $780k per season. Maybe $1.1mill and for the first 3 and the last couple of years to $1.5mill as the cap goes up.

Would need to make some cuts somewhere but it's probably do-able.
1.1 to 1.5 is still too much for a player of his age, and for us to squeeze into our cap.

We already have a top-heavy list profile.

1.1 to 1.5 is still too much for a player of his age, and for us to squeeze into our cap.

We already have a top-heavy list profile.
Cerra's salary was reported as approximately $600k per year when he came across.

If we were to trade Cerra and if we were to trade or de-list Jack Martin who while on a heavily front ended deal would still likely be on $300-400k this year, it likely covers the salary cap whole, including with smoothing money out over the backend of Petracca's deal when the salary cap will rise.

Christian Petracca would almost guarantee our 17 and perhaps 18 flags in the next 3 years. He would allow for great team flexibility, creating the premier midfield suppling the most potent forwartd line in the competion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop, hmmm. Struggling for a read. Is he a kid who has had some issues holding him back over 12 months, or is he lazy and entitled, nit doing the work to maximise performance and chances. I wish I knew, I don’t want to be unnecessarily harsh, but doesn’t appear to have done the work to move from boy to man, if that makes sense

A little Birdy once said to me "he's a Motlop."

I thought that assessment was right then and it's right now.

The hope is that he can put together a good few years like the previous Motlops to have played at the level and his career will be made.

As disappointed as I am this year I still hold faith he can get there. Needs to pull his head in though.

I'm told Petracca keen to get to us. McKay and TDK will not be considered in any trade. Dees pushing hard to keep him but accept the fact that they made need to move him on to save face. Alot to unfold. For now we have a finals campaign to prep for..
Petracca will not leave any stone unturned to come to us. Have been told his team will not leave anything on table to get him to us. 100% us only. Now to see what we do. TDK off table. Going to be interesting who and what has to go ??

#Bluemour

I think the biggest question here is when/if Petracca will officially request a trade to Carlton. Once that's out in the media the scenario becomes real and we begin to build some leverage. Until then, this whole thing could be a ploy to force the Dees to make the changes Petracca wants before reconciling with them.

Christian Petracca would almost guarantee our 17 and perhaps 18 flags in the next 3 years. He would allow for great team flexibility, creating the premier midfield suppling the most potent forwartd line in the competion.

Can you post the next weeks powerball numbers or this years Melbourne Cup winner.

I think the biggest question here is when/if Petracca will officially request a trade to Carlton. Once that's out in the media the scenario becomes real and we begin to build some leverage. Until then, this whole thing could be a ploy to force the Dees to make the changes Petracca wants before reconciling with them.
Well i doubt that will be happening anytime soon while the Blues have finals to play.

Him requesting a trade to us would mean that a deal is probably there to be accepted by Melbourne. Hard to see him request a trade somewhere if he knows a deal can’t be done

This was obvious from the first moment it leaked. Melbourne holds no cards, Trac (and by extension his selected club of choice, if it is us) holds all the leverage.
Apart from his contract...

He can posture about heading to court, I think we all know it won't end up there.

Cerra's salary was reported as approximately $600k per year when he came across.

If we were to trade Cerra and if we were to trade or de-list Jack Martin who while on a heavily front ended deal would still likely be on $300-400k this year, it likely covers the salary cap whole, including with smoothing money out over the backend of Petracca's deal when the salary cap will rise.

Call it $960k for Cerra (625) and Martin (335).
That doesn't cover Petracca at a pay cut taking $1.1M, let alone a replacement player.

Apart from his contract...

He can posture about heading to court, I think we all know it won't end up there.
Sure, they can hold a disgruntled player to his contract. Until he asks to go out again next season when he's a year older and less value. What do Melbourne achieve with Petracca next year? Another mid table finish? Maybe they hope he comes around, can those sort of wounds and distrust ever be truly mended? Part of the reason you sign Petraca to a long term deal that expires when he's 34 or older is you want him to lead and set an example. Does a player with a history of trying to leave the club, trust issues with the staff and management and on a very high salary in a middling or bottom of the table team scream leader and example setter? I don't think so. The contract is only a weigh stone around Melbourne's neck at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back