Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - I just worry we are going back to that Messiah complex. Hope I'm wrong
Last time we had a "messiah" complex our midfield consisted of Thomas Bell and Robinson and we had amazing key position players like Brett Thornton and Setanta O'Hailpin.

Our list is at a completely different stage right now. It could theoretically cost us more NOT to try and capitalise on the talent we have available to us now by chasing the cherry on top player.

Have permission to post as source feels it's well known in the industry.

Source : former player, current journalist/commentator (non Melvourne) in discussion with an agent who has multiple Melbourne players on his books.

• Petracca contract "re-signed well aware of a number of major issues ongoing at Melbourne. Contract inflated as a result."
  • More issues non-Petracca related have since arisen impacting club wide
  • Injury and the way it was dealt with has been a major catalyst but not the be all end all
  • "There comes a point of no return. Melbourne have blown past it there times over "
  • Petracca has "chased Carlton well aware of their list situation . Would want to add to what they have and chase premierships not replace it."
  • Melbourne are in no win situation. They've ****ed up. Have no grounds to stand on. Petracca has allegedly "already engaged with the AFLPA reps which for Melvourne are Marty Hore and Tom McDonald. It's gone beyond them."
  • Belief that if a move is there for him it'll be done without hiccup.
  • Not a case where Carlton is pursuing a contracted player. Petracca has identified Carlton.
  • Will renegotiate his contraxt from scratch "He will leave big money on the table. Will make it up after footy at Carlton. He knows money doesn't buy happiness"
  • "Would take a mass clean out for him to stay at Melbourne. Trust broken across multiple departments. It will not happen."
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Yep - I just worry we are going back to that Messiah complex. Hope I'm wrong
I woudn't see Trac as any more than a fabulous addition to our team. Another hard working talented player.
BUt he doesn't supercede Crippa. Or our heart and soul players or our very talented ones.
As it seems he himself has said. He will add to what we've got.
We don't need saving.

If we can get Trac without losing any of our guns, giving up this year's first ronder, blowing up our salary cap, and still being able to afford Albert Proud then I'm all for it

I have until now not speculated how tasty a midfield with Cripps, Petracca and Walsh would be.

Without even considering second stringers

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last time we had a "messiah" complex our midfield consisted of Thomas Bell and Robinson and we had amazing key position players like Brett Thornton and Setanta O'Hailpin.

Our list is at a completely different stage right now. It could theoretically cost us more NOT to try and capitalise on the talent we have available to us now by chasing the cherry on top player.

Yep. It's amazing that people don't realise this...

As good as Oliver was, Cripps is even better at extracting the pill and finding a target with a handball in congested traffic... Trac will have a field day receiving those...

Right now, we have no one who can really capitalise on Crippa's work... Walsh sometimes makes the most of it, but more often than not he blindly kicks forward or dishes off hospital handballs. Kennedy can't hit a f50 target, George is a solid contributor and Cerra can't get out there.

That rotten run we had to finish the season, imo was mostly driven by the midfield being way too reliant on Cripps. Right now, as talented as our list is, they haven't taken us to top 4 and it's obvious our midfield flaws are holding us back. Trac is a game changer for us.

When Cody comes in, imagine the value of having him learn from Crippa and Trac...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I woudn't see Trac as any more than a fabulous addition to our team. Another hard working talented player.
BUt he doesn't supercede Crippa. Or our heart and soul players or our very talented ones.
As it seems he himself has said. He will add to what we've got.
We don't need saving.
We don't need saving but what we would need to give up for a Petracca is significant and could have cultural impacts at the club. Especially if our top earners have indeed taken less to stay together

Are we instantly premiership favourite In 2025 if we get petracca and don’t lose a star KP player. I’d happily turn over Cerra and a first but that is all.

Nothing will win us a premiership if we don’t get the phys ed department right, whoever comes in that area could change our fortunes far more than Petracca would

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We don't need saving but what we would need to give up for a Petracca is significant and could have cultural impacts at the club. Especially if our top earners have indeed taken less to stay together

Reading too much into it...

As I've said before...

Pies moved on Grundy and Treloar... won a flag shortly thereafter...

Dogs traded their bloody captain and won a flag 2 seasons later...

This is all assuming that our top players buy into the move, which I suspect they would.

Reading too much into it...

As I've said before...

Pies moved on Grundy and Treloar... won a flag shortly thereafter...

Dogs traded their bloody captain and won a flag 2 seasons later...
I still value a McKay/Curnow/TDK higher than a Petracca. Especially the first two who have signed on long term with the club.

If I’m Cerra’s manager, I’m telling him to put his hand up for Melbourne.
CFC Midfield he would sit behind Cripps, Walsh and Petracca. Then Hewett, Kennedy, Lij, Lord in the mix.
Go to Melbourne be #1 mid.
He left freo for midfield time and was impressed with Melbourne push.
Melbourne also get a key forward and clean up their act they’ll be okay

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back