Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the excitement levels re Trac are a little over the top

We still need to get our injury woes right and probably will delist cunners marchy martin and sdurdin.

We still need a 2nd KPD

Re Dees future

Think dees will still be ok...afl are not going to tear the joint down. Look at the drug cheats....still going and they've had plenty of players go over there....including shiel who chose them over us even after a jet ride :shoutyoldman:

No contracted player would volunteer to go Melbourne.

Welcome to Melbourne

clown grave GIF

If rumours on here are true about Petracca wanting to come and take a pay cut, we’d be stupid not getting it done…

Kennedy & Hewett, would want game time, so could be trade bait, they’d possibly get us a KPD…

Cerra would also be an option to trade, but he’d be at his lowest trade value.

Don't thank me. I'm just a messenger of the messenger 😁
Mate, you’re allowed to take the credit! You’re the ITK for the ITKs who have posted the rumour and you post the post because you are ITK that they posted the rumour and you bring the post of the ITKs to everyone as you are ITK and you should just take the praise of ITKing the ITKs at the perfect time IYKWIM and you will KWIM because you are ITK of the ITKs.

Love your work mate and appreciate you posting the rumours 🙌😁

If rumours on here are true about Petracca wanting to come and take a pay cut, we’d be stupid not getting it done…

Kennedy & Hewett, would want game time, so could be trade bait, they’d possibly get us a KPD…

If we end up getting Trac, looks like we will. I think one of Kennedy or George will be surplus to needs.

Cripps, Trac, Walsh, Cerra ,Bam Bam, Lord with chopouts from Elijah, Cow, Kemp, Willo and Corey hopefully.

Now that is a pretty decent midfield line-up imo.

Kennedy has the ability to play in multiple positions, so maybe George could be the one we look at trading out.

Mate, you’re allowed to take the credit! You’re the ITK for the ITKs who have posted the rumour and you post the post because you are ITK that they posted the rumour and you bring the post of the ITKs to everyone as you are ITK and you should just take the praise of ITKing the ITKs at the perfect time IYKWIM and you will KWIM because you are ITK of the ITKs.

Love your work mate and appreciate you posting the rumours 🙌😁
Wow, my head hurts after reading that.

If we are to trade a top player, it will be Cerra. I really doubt it will be anyone better than Cerra.

I think if things go our way with Petracca we get it done with two firsts. Either one gained by trading Cerra or our current and future first pick.

My take is that there will be multiple mids traded if Petracca comes. They will be out of Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett and Carroll. Owies may well be on the table as well.

That will probably help us land him and Houston and Aleer/Haynes, possibly others.

We don't know what is going to happen. Melbourne may end up under a lot or pressure to do the trade. Clubs are under pressure to do right by players. You do wrong by players and their managers, you get on the wrong side with managers and then find you can't get players into your club and can't sign your own players fairly. It's important to keep in the good with player managers, clubs know it. It's why when players want out and want to go to particular clubs these days they mostly get their wish.

Petracca is a gun player. But he is 28. Does a first round pick plus a little extra get it done? If Melbourne are under pressure he may be cheaper than we all think.

A big off season in trades would be huge for us. A fullback, Docherty back, Houston in. A powerhouse mid like Petracca. A few youngsters coming through like Lord, Wilson and Moir. We have an opportunity to go from strength to strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are to trade a top player, it will be Cerra. I really doubt it will be anyone better than Cerra.

I think if things go our way with Petracca we get it done with two firsts. Either one gained by trading Cerra or our current and future first pick.

My take is that there will be multiple mids traded if Petracca comes. They will be out of Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett and Carroll. Owies may well be on the table as well.

That will probably help us land him and Houston and Aleer/Haynes, possibly others.

We don't know what is going to happen. Melbourne may end up under a lot or pressure to do the trade. Clubs are under pressure to do right by players. You do wrong by players and their managers, you get on the wrong side with managers and then find you can't get players into your club and can't sign your own players fairly. It's important to keep in the good with player managers, clubs know it. It's why when players want out and want to go to particular clubs these days they mostly get their wish.

Petracca is a gun player. But he is 28. Does a first round pick plus a little extra get it done? If Melbourne are under pressure he may be cheaper than we all think.

A big off season in trades would be huge for us. A fullback, Docherty back, Houston in. A powerhouse mid like Petracca. A few youngsters coming through like Lord, Wilson and Moir. We have an opportunity to go from strength to strength.
Houston has come out and said he is staying at Port

Our list won't necessarily be better with what we have to give up for Petracca, and will restrict us from further strengthening other areas of need.
Interesting how some supporters are willing to ship off good players and still expect loyalty from our own.

Any contracted player from us would need to agree to go to Melbourne, no guarantee there either.

Our biggest improvement will come removing 4-5 injury prone players & finding some replacements for them.
We already have enough tier one players, need to further strengthen underneath them.

There is so much more to life than money as well. You're day to day enjoyment, plus opportunities for growth and legacy are all non-financial elements of salary. I'm in a competitive industry not unlike being an AFL player in some senses. Get offered more money to move to competing teams all the time, but you have to weigh up the cash against the environment, the support you have, the upward mobility - and it sounds silly, but also your legacy and reputation. Money isn't everything to everyone. If Petracca feels he will be in a more supported and successful environment at Carlton, money may not be his sole focus.

Not getting killed by your employer is right up there too I reckon.

Feels impossible to find a deal that's fair for Petracca but something that sent T. Lynch from Richmond to Melbourne seems like one of the more left field ways to try and make it work - obviously other players and picks would need to be involved, but Melbourne's biggest need is a strong tall forward, and Richmond will be wanting a clearout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back