Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When u put all the snippets of information together regarding petracca, it’s sounds there won’t be any players in the deal at all. This could really become a steel for a gun player imo
The thing that I worry about is, is that we can’t forget the areas we still lack in and need to still somewhat be able to fill those needs around the this whole petracca thing.

Is the Cerra talk just smokescreen at this stage or has there been actual rumours that he could be one that be part of the deal?

* I come in peace..*
There were rumours that he initially wanted to go to Melbourne when he was traded from Fremantle, but had to settle for Carlton because we had the draft capital to get it done. No idea if it’s true.

Mate, you’re allowed to take the credit! You’re the ITK for the ITKs who have posted the rumour and you post the post because you are ITK that they posted the rumour and you bring the post of the ITKs to everyone as you are ITK and you should just take the praise of ITKing the ITKs at the perfect time IYKWIM and you will KWIM because you are ITK of the ITKs.

Love your work mate and appreciate you posting the rumours 🙌😁

Cerra must be heavily concussed if he agrees to go Melbourne. Like why would you do that? Maybe if they increase his salary from 600k-700k to over 1mill and its a multi year deal then maybe. But why would Melbourne want a somewhat prone injured player and pay that much.

From memory didn’t he want to go to Melbourne and wasn’t he a big Melbourne supporter growing up? Along with his family ?

Good.

Board likes to forget clubs can't force a player to move. Sending a player to Melbourne atm feels like more than a punishment too... You'd have to really dislike a bloke to wish Melbourne upon him.
I kinda hope we can accomplish this without giving up this year's first... really like what Hotton would do for us.
I reckon a change of environment would do wonders for Petracca. Get him out of that cesspool. Fancy the president of the club not contacting one of your star players to check on their well-being after the trauma he's gone through. What kind of employer does that?
Pretty sure the footy boss is his employer, and they answer to the CEO, who in turn answers to the (basically unpaid) board, which is led by the President.

It's not a good look, but in a similar company structure you wouldn't necessarily expect a call from a board member in those circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the 7 you named, 3 of them won a total of 2 flags at their new clubs.

Did they lift those teams to another level, ultimate success or not. Judd came to a bottom club and took us to finals in his second year with us. Lockett took the Swans to two GFs.

You want a flag guarantee in order to make a move? Wrong sport for that.

Elijah Walsh Cerra all fully fit and firing can be goal kicking mids. All are Guns

Lord has massive upside. Cripps is playing his best football. IMO Kemp could be gun mid/fwd

Career wise, neither have shown an inkling that they could be considered genuine goalkicking mids. Fully fit or not. Hollands is 35 games into his career and has the most goals of any of them in a season, with 16 this season. Cerra has never hit double figures in a season and Walsh only once. Petracca has never missed double figures FWIW. He's 19 goals or more in six of his nine seasons.

Elijah has potential to be a goal kicking mid. The other two its long odds based on their careers to date.

Forgot the the thug Wayne Carey.

edit: Nick Stevens ?

Nah, career was almost over and he was forced to leave. Nick Stevens .... for a team in our position, it was something. In the grand scheme of these sorts of moves, it was barely a ripple.

I kinda hope we can accomplish this without giving up this year's first... really like what Hotton would do for us.

Pretty sure the footy boss is his employer, and they answer to the CEO, who in turn answers to the (basically unpaid) board, which is led by the President.

It's not a good look, but in a similar company structure you wouldn't necessarily expect a call from a board member in those circumstances.

Inexcusable - even if she was ill-advised to distance herself from the inevitable fallout that was going to occur as soon as the gravity of his injury played out. A personal reach out is the least any President can do - for ANY player in that situation - let alone their #1 super star.

The whole situation is very very weird and strange - even for a football Club.

Inexcusable - even if she was ill-advised to distance herself from the inevitable fallout that was going to occur as soon as the gravity of his injury played out. A personal reach out is the least any President can do - for ANY player in that situation - let alone their #1 super star.

The whole situation is very very weird and strange - even for a football Club.
It’s absolutely poor leadership and poor awareness.

It’s absolutely poor leadership and poor awareness.
It is so weird I find it difficult to believe tbh - I mean just common human decency should have been enough you'd think.

If Petracca gets to Carlton, suspect Cerra will be part of the deal

So long as none of the core 6 (Cripps, Walsh, H, Charlie, Weitering and TDK), the Hollands brothers or Cowan as part of the deal I’m willing to trade pretty much anyone else to get Petracca.

I suspect however that fitting Petracca in the salary cap will be the bit that stops us getting him.

Call it $960k for Cerra (625) and Martin (335).
That doesn't cover Petracca at a pay cut taking $1.1M, let alone a replacement player.

As much as I’d love Petracca I don’t see how we get him unless he takes a massive pay cut because it’ll be really tough to make the cap space without damaging our depth bearing in mind TDK and Weitering need to be re-signed next year.

Williams would clear some space but we’d have to do Bowes style deal to offload his salary. Owies, Carroll, Motlop and Pitto would have to be traded out for draft picks and the perennially injured Marchbank, Martin and Cuningham replaced with some mature age state league types.

So long as none of the core 6 (Cripps, Walsh, H, Charlie, Weitering and TDK), the Hollands brothers or Cowan as part of the deal I’m willing to trade pretty much anyone else to get Petracca.

I suspect however that fitting Petracca in the salary cap will be the bit that stops us getting him.

As much as I’d love Petracca I don’t see how we get him unless he takes a massive pay cut because it’ll be really tough to make the cap space without damaging our depth bearing in mind TDK and Weitering need to be re-signed next year.

Williams would clear some space but we’d have to do Bowes style deal to offload his salary. Owies, Carroll, Motlop and Pitto would have to be traded out for draft picks and the perennially injured Marchbank, Martin and Cuningham replaced with some mature age state league types.
People do take significant pay cuts to leave places they don't want to be in anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back