Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly my point JJ

The Hawks knew he was absolutely off the wall crazy and got him in and they won three flags

It has been known in footy circles for YEARS that he was wild

Sometimes you take a risk and take a bloke on for the betterment of on field

Again, not to be rude - but I am pretty sure that if we’d offered him a contract (that is dubious information at best) and Saad is one of his close friends then I’m going to trust the character assessment of our list management team and Saad over some people on BigFooty
What sort of wild are we talking?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Drama queen….
Definitely. The one thing that stinks about the whole mess is that he went straight to the media to air his dirty laundry. Now he's staying there and having to turn up and face his teammates and pretend it's all good. Can't see that working for long.

Are other people seeing something in Petracca's statement that I'm missing?

Sentence 1: there's been chatter in the media
Sentence 2: yes, I've raised concerns
Sentence 3: this is how I've raised concerns
Sentence 4: I don't apologise for raising concerns
Sentence 5: I love footy

And then there's sentence 6: "As for my future at the Melbourne Football Club, I remain committed to playing for the red and the blue." Which could just mean: as of this moment I still have an active contract.

Says nothing IMO.

And then there's sentence 6: "As for my future at the Melbourne Football Club, I remain committed to playing for the red and the blue." Which could just mean: as of this moment I still have an active contract.

Says nothing IMO.
But the MFC can rule over me as they see fit (and, as they should).
Extract from the Petrac!

In all honesty Stringer would be perfect in our side anyone that thinks otherwise has no idea about our team

Fat and lazy bloke getting a game ahead of others purely because of his talent... not sure we'd want to set that standard...

Out of all of *'s games against top 8 sides this year, I can only think of the Freo game where he played really well? Maybe also the Swans at the SCG? Am I missing any others?

Says nothing IMO.
Exactly.
The whole thing is to take the oxygen away from the dumpster fire that Roffey poured petrol on on Thursday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that disappointed about Pettrecca, amazing player, for the right outcome would have been an serious addition to the team…

On the flip side very happy to target and hopefully land a player or two who fits our B22 team needs, keep loading up on the right draft talent types our list still requires, eager to see what Austin can identify/select now possibly having a first round selection…

Target a few positional trade needs, mid/fwd with impact & speed, key defenders…

Hit the draft, hopefully trade in another early second before BC, also mid/fwd or def/mid with impact & speed, key defenders…

I don’t care what the Trac says in a statement, all I see is that he wants the best team Carlton bad. You’ll see, in trade week he’ll say, “Sorry for the auto correct typo in my statement. When I said I want to play for the red and the blue, I actually meant I just want to play for the Blues.”.

I don’t care what the Trac says in a statement, all I see is that he wants the best team Carlton bad. You’ll see, in trade week he’ll say, “Sorry for the auto correct typo in my statement. When I said I want to play for the red and the blue, I actually meant I just want to play for the Blues.”.

Statement half correct. I meant blue only. Lol
In all seriousness, we are still actively playing this season and the focus would be that , and then will shift to exit interviews , list management , then trading in that order. All Petracca has proven is that he is gettable irrespective of contract status. More to play out I reckon

To be fair to 'a journalist', theres been more than one, even Gerard Whateley was death riding MFC up until 1:00pm today saying that the Petracca situation had gone past the point of no return and now Melbourne just had to to deal with it.

Speaking of Whately, he was a participant in the stuff I posted about on Friday (wasn't on his social media though) so not surprising he was in on it until yesterday.

Here's a part of the doubling down since the statements:

"It's pretty bloody simple. He only wanted to go to Carlton or Collingwood. Neither could make a trade without gutting their list. The league would have stuck their nose into it. I don't think this will be the end of to it. The players only had their meeting a few days ago."

I can see him at the Pies in 2026. Pendles,Sidebottom gone end of 2025.
Team Trac grew up supporting.
Better for the Blues, allows us to work on TDK and Weiters contracts next year.

If Christian Petracca does in fact stay at Melbourne like he said he will, will the people saying that “there is more to play out” actually learn any lessons for a change?

I think it’s time to move on because Nick Austin and Co have, they probably weren’t even considering it. Contracted and wanted player etc.

If Christian Petracca does in fact stay at Melbourne like he said he will, will the people saying that “there is more to play out” actually learn any lessons for a change?

I think it’s time to move on because Nick Austin and Co have, they probably weren’t even considering it. Contracted and wanted player etc.

This is where I sit on this:

I believe the club explored the potential of adding Petracca. I don't doubt for a moment that they asked the question of McKay and TDK. I believe we concluded that we couldn't satisfy Melbourne's demands in trade and closed the book on that chapter.

That said, I do not believe that Petracca's issues with Melbourne are resolved. It's a situation worth keeping an eye on moving forward if not for a Carlton perspective but as a general interest AFL story.

Says nothing IMO.
I find it very interesting that not a single Demons player has liked or reposted his message.

Beautiful day on the sunny coast for a walk and coffee…

It’s amazing who you bump into while enjoying some sun and excellent dinners…

AFL want focus on finals not on Trac, poor cold water on it for the next 4 weeks please…

Brand Petracca tows the party line…
Not cryptic enough.

You need to post something like a rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back