Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at the likes of Burgess isn't a messiah move with the talent on our list

Any time we get the highest profile person possible many will take it as a messiah move.

I won't believe anything is a messiah move until such a point as they're given the type of power our previous messiahs have been - answerable to themselves.

As long as there are checks and balances in process get the best person possible.

Or, target a known entity, while moving on most of the injury prone

Looking at the likes of Burgess isn't a messiah move with the talent on our list
Totally agree with there being a problem with some players that no one could fix, but my comment is not really a reflection on trying to find someone to 'fix' our problems. It's just that more generally in the performance space, I worry about really entrenched people not keeping up to date or being able to change their approach. I like what the Pies did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a chaotic weekend and just saw Christian's statement.

Is that all done now or do we think it's just lip service and he'll still try and work his way out?
12 months time is a more realistic possibility if they don’t get things right, clubs will have the option to trade extra future draft picks etc

12 months time is a more realistic possibility if they don’t get things right, clubs will have the option to trade extra future draft picks etc
It's an interesting one. 12 months obviously makes him a year older but everyone will then see how he bounces back.

If it's not happening now, I probably wouldn't bother with it at all.

It's an interesting one. 12 months obviously makes him a year older but everyone will then see how he bounces back.

If it's not happening now, I probably wouldn't bother with it at all.
Yes, but I think it might bring Pies into the picture, given their older brigade (with retirements and subsequent salary cap space), plus have some draft picks to use from 2025 as well. I don't think speculation will go away unless there are some other changes at the Dees...

Yes, but I think it might bring Pies into the picture, given their older brigade (with retirements and subsequent salary cap space), plus have some draft picks to use from 2025 as well. I don't think speculation will go away unless there are some other changes at the Dees...
I'm not worried about Collingwood moving forward in the immediate future.

As you say, the old players will retire - they really don't have that much top end talent coming through. Adding Petracca doesn't help them that much.

They may play finals next year but they won't threaten a premiership again in the next 3-5 years in my opinion.

I'm not worried about Collingwood moving forward in the immediate future.

As you say, the old players will retire - they really don't have that much top end talent coming through. Adding Petracca doesn't help them that much.

They may play finals next year but they won't threaten a premiership again in the next 3-5 years in my opinion.
Hopefully collingwood won't threaten for 50 years

Exactly. Listening to Tom Morris this morning it sounded like Trac was wanting Collingwood. The Blues wont even be in the equation at the end of next season in regards to Trac, hopefully with TDK,Weiters and Co committing to the Blues. Better for us moving forward to #17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back