Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we view it as a vendetta against gws?

He is picking up low grade or unwanted players. Not sure that’s a vendetta.

It’s not a vendetta, in my view he simply doesn't acknowledge he could have been wrong, always thought it was some other reason they haven’t kicked on and it can be rectified with a new club, new coach.

This thread is quieter than I thought it would be, can I have some juicy Bailey Smith to Carlton or similar rumours please

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FWIW, an insider of an opposition team (and friend) said 2 weeks ago, 'Blues are done for the year, once you start announcing major off field changes before the season is finished, you know the cue is in the rack'. More comment last Friday, ' you'll get belted, too many changes, ridiculous bringing in Doc, great player but hasn't touched it in 6 months, that just smacks of desperation. That shows where your deficiencies are (no surprises there). You're too slow and without TDK in the midfield you look pedestrian, he is a monster in there, the biggest ruck rover we have seen! Re-build your midfield around him, find a goal kicking midfielder or wingman with pace. When Monday comes around, this is the conversation that will be happening in the list management meeting'.

General chat around players, 'there should be a couple in the 2's that need to come in next year, Moir is one (talent), another with burst speed/strength (doesn't know our list of kids). Need to bring in another B+ grader that can run/kick on the outside. If Trac is gettable, which he doesn't know, then get him. Smith from the dogs is another, he's an upgrade on Ollie, people forget his pace, kicking and motor, he would be cheaper than you think.

FWIW, an insider of an opposition team (and friend) said 2 weeks ago, 'Blues are done for the year, once you start announcing major off field changes before the season is finished, you know the cue is in the rack'. More comment last Friday, ' you'll get belted, too many changes, ridiculous bringing in Doc, great player but hasn't touched it in 6 months, that just smacks of desperation. That shows where your deficiencies are (no surprises there). You're too slow and without TDK in the midfield you look pedestrian, he is a monster in there, the biggest ruck rover we have seen! Re-build your midfield around him, find a goal kicking midfielder or wingman with pace. When Monday comes around, this is the conversation that will be happening in the list management meeting'.

General chat around players, 'there should be a couple in the 2's that need to come in next year, Moir is one (talent), another with burst speed/strength (doesn't know our list of kids). Need to bring in another B+ grader that can run/kick on the outside. If Trac is gettable, which he doesn't know, then get him. Smith from the dogs is another, he's an upgrade on Ollie, people forget his pace, kicking and motor, he would be cheaper than you think.
If we were at all interested in Trac we should be getting involved in the Bailey Smith chat for sure. Bailey Smith is Petracca lite but with 10+ years of footy left. Must admit, he doesn't scream 'Carlton-person' to me though and I suspect he is bound for Geelong.

Kozzie pickett is another I’d throw in the mix. Bandid around that he may want out.

Touch wood in a few years, TDK, Walker, Walsh (if his back is ok) and Lord should be a great nucleus to add to

I understand the criticism of playing Doc.

But I will still maintain my hunch that he is retiring. Two bouts of cancer, three acl reconstructions, another baby on the way, and he has seemingly enjoyed the coaching side of things.

If he does decide to pull up stumps, I think the decision to see him can be seen in a different light.

But I will still maintain my hunch that he is retiring. Two bouts of cancer, three acl reconstructions, another baby on the way, and he has seemingly enjoyed the coaching side of things.

If he does decide to pull up stumps, I think the decision to see him can be seen in a different light.
This is my thinking also

I don't see why he can't go again if he wants to.

Great player and still has plenty to offer.

He already stated he's got 6 months to go and he'll get back into training after a short rest. I think it was more around, he's much closer to the end than the beginning, and he might never get an opportunity to play finals again.

I’m not saying he can’t go on, goreds. I’m saying that my gut feel is that he has decided he won’t go on.

For what it’s worth, if such a decision has transpired behind the scenes, it would further support the external view of your opposition club source that we had put the cue in the rack.

I feel like he has one more year in him just to leave everything out on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc turns 31 in a bit over a month. I very much doubt that he would be contemplating retirement just yet. Could see him

going on for two or three more years, as long as he stays healthy. He is still a gun player, just do not like to see him in

defence any longer. Much prefer him on the wing or HF.

This thread is quieter than I thought it would be, can I have some juicy Bailey Smith to Carlton or similar rumours please

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just the type we need electric pace out of the middle with poor disposal inside 50 lol … he would definitely be an upgrade on what we have currently

Bailey Smith is going to Geelong if he leaves the Dogs.

Petracca already put to bed any chance of requesting a trade.

hungry oliver twist GIF

Can I have some more rumours.....

Will be at Geelong. No club mentioned due to Geelong still in premiership contention.
Josh Battle has requested Hawthorn.
I'd be doing everything I could to get Smith at Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back