Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie will have access to the best 17 year olds, similar to GWS. The at least 2-3 drafts of multiple first round picks
They may but that’s not much difference to having 2-3 kids being tied to an academy. Last year wasn’t their 10 “lost” picks between West Coasts pick 1 and what should have been 19? It’s unlikely to be any worse than that. You pick up on average what 1.5 best 22 players a year in the draft. Simply nailing one pick can nearly cover your loses.
It will make it tougher but planning for it should be a minor issue when you are contending.

Houston is a funny one - my biggest worry would be the salary cap. Still need to re-sign Weitering, Walsh and TDK soon plus a few others coming out of contract. Obviously a quality player but feel like there are other more pressing needs (i.e., quality small forward + key defender). Wouldn't be giving up anything more than a future 1st - Port will probably want more

This isn’t true.
While we certainly haven’t been successful, every Carlton player who played last September knows we’re a big club.

Turn it up. That was the exception to the rule. Carlton have missed finals 19/28 times since our last premiership. Finals are not in our DNA in recent history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, we’re undoubtedly big.
The membership, crowd sizes and noise we make prove that, and the players would know it.

Hopefully we sort out the successful part sharply.

100%

You think the sea of Navy Blue and the wall of sound in the semi-final against Melbourne didn't leave an impression on many ... certainly left an impression on Christian Petracca for one.

We just need No. 17 to get back on top again ...

Question is, what do we need more. A running medium sized defender with an elite kick. Or an inside/outside mid with

really decent pace? Need to bear in mind that Houston will cost us much more.

Personally, I prefer the Smith option.
Houston has much better ball use, which is what we need. More than raw speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back