Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Carlton. Always looking for the quick fix. Chase the big name player that's contracted and will cost a fortune. Voss knows his coaching career is on the line. Stuff up this trade and we could be in a world of hurt in a few years when tassie comes in.
when is Tassie coming in? Our core should see us through that hopefully.

Chalie, McKay, Weitering, Walsh and TDK have another solid 5 years. Anyone coach worth a grain of salt should be competing for finals with that for 5 years. Trade a player in this year and next and still have Cody after that so it’s not too bad.

If Doc was picked to play in an Elimination final because he was retiring and it was a farewell, Voss, the MC and Doc should pack their bags and any player from the leadership group who approved it.

I dont think its true because as far as I’ve heard and can see, Doc is a team man, a Carlton man and would never put himself and his desire to play a farewell game ahead of the needs of the team, especially in a final.

I was really disappointed with the media and * fans being critical of Scott for not picking Heppel for a home farewell game , stuff that, their coach refused to pick a player he didn’t think was in the best 23 because he had a game to win, one if they won would have put them in the finals.

I didn’t agree with Doc playing, but all i see it as is, Voss believing that Doc coming off an ACL and having not played a game in 6 months, was a better option than Binns, Lord and Cinc.

If he was picked for any other reason, then our leaders have lost the plot.
Agreed. It shat me to tears in 2021 when we decided to gift Murphy games to get to 300, even when we were still a chance to make finals. He should’ve been told at the end of 2020 that it wasn’t happening. But the club has never been very good at making hard decisions which is probably why we are almost 30 years without a flag.

I don’t believe the innuendo about it being a farewell game but regardless, playing Doc on the weekend was the dumbest thing I’ve seen in years. Although ironically it held that title for all of a couple days only to be superseded by the news that TDK would be the sub because the MC knew he wouldn’t get thru a full game.

Last edited:
Isn't he still in contract? Two first rounders is a reasonable starting position for negotiating from their standpoint I'd think. Probably won't get it though.
Yeh Port can ask for whatever they want - just no club is going to give up that amount. A future first should be our max offer

Carlton as a ‘big successful club’ is outside the lived experience of every player on an AFL list.

To these guys or youngsters in the coming draft pool, the blues are the club their parents supported (or loathed or feared) but no longer has intrinsic appeal as a destination.
What a load of garbage.
Playing 10 to 12 games with massive crowds is always an attraction

Interesting, I'm sure we know the same people, possibly each other
This is exciting. We could make a movie.
Patrick Mcdonnell Dog GIF by MUTTS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston is worth a first rounder.

But not two

Correct. Only issue is, he's contracted and that gives Port the power to ask for more than he's worth...

Now if they demand 2 first rounders, they'll die on that hill and keep a player that wanted out because they're just not going to get that.

But if they get a first round pick and an upgrade of 2nd rounders or something like that, then that's probably where they'll be happy to do the trade.

The only real concern here is, Voss is under a lot of pressure... bringing in a ready made player will be very appealing to him... let's hope he doesn't go crazy Vossy again...

Have heard Sheldricks name come up a couple of times. Anyone got any info on him?

Can play, but injured a lot. Played some good games late '23 and got a rising star nom.
Played 10 VFL games this year with good numbers, but tough to break into their midfield.
Would seem to be an odd get for us, unless we are going to triple down on winning contests at the expense of winning games of football.

Can play, but injured a lot. Played some good games late '23 and got a rising star nom.
Played 10 VFL games this year with good numbers, but tough to break into their midfield.
Would seem to be an odd get for us, unless we are going to triple down on winning contests at the expense of winning games of football.

Rated him highly in his draft year, still do, but can't see him leaving the Swans, but if he does, he would head back home

Good player.
Another running HBF.

How many have we recruited now that aren’t allowed to run?

Waste of talent dropping him into the mess Voss calls a game plan.
We have Wilson, Cincotta, Cowan, Boyd and Ohollands that can all play hb. We will also add lucas Camporeale to that list.

Getting Houston will take a massive hit to not only our draft hands but our salary cap. Weitering and TDK OOC next season. TDK is our biggest and most important signing.

Last edited:
Port are pushing this make no mistake. They know Houston isn't getting any younger. If they can get 2 first rounders for a 28year old they would be packing his bags

Heck of a player but I hope we aren't chasing him

Tired of the big name, big cost deals. Restricts so many other options. We need more than one player and must look internally. Game plan, development, player roles, fitness etc need to be the focus

Effectively putting all our eggs in one basket worries me

I have faith in Wilson Boyd Cincotta Ollie Cowan Docherty to help fill the role plus I would hope we have more Acres/Elijah type deals in the works

IMO we are better off brining in quality young players through the draft

Last edited:
I'd much rather chase the D'Ambrosio types that just need a chance and are cheap

Can we find or develop a Lawson Humphries?

Austin, for all the criticism on here, I believe has been fairly good especially with later picks. O'Keefe, Lord, Lemmey, Boyd, Cincotta look good picks

The trades for Acres, Elijah have worked well. A Brayden Campbell, Josh Sinn etc would be the types that would be value and really help us

I hope we target, select these types, along with Pick 11 and maybe another first round pick

Last edited:
'to the draft' for me.
Although we all like the thought of bringing in a big name and an elite distributer. We need to go similar to the Hawks. Find young quick ball users and let them build into our team...... but, on the flipside, Cripps and co, aren't getting any younger and we aren't the best at developing or providing opportunities for our young kids.....

Now I've talked myself around in circles.....

What a load of garbage.
Playing 10 to 12 games with massive crowds is always an attraction

The massive crowd consists of a residual supporter base.

Don’t give it a regular and sustainable reason to be there and in another 25 years a third will have died off and another 3rd will be at Hawthorn games instead.

'to the draft' for me.
Although we all like the thought of bringing in a big name and an elite distributer. We need to go similar to the Hawks. Find young quick ball users and let them build into our team...... but, on the flipside, Cripps and co, aren't getting any younger and we aren't the best at developing or providing opportunities for our young kids.....

The players are there if you look and develop astutely. Some player role changes, more overlap run and forward handball.

Keep mixing it up. The game changes every 6-8 weeks at this level.

'to the draft' for me.

That's my take as well

Go cheap for a Josh Sinn type and then the draft for Campo twins and some other young talent

We have to also put faith in Wilson, Lord, Boyd, Cowan, Binns, Ollie, Cincotta, Moir etc to step up and go to the next level. That's what good clubs do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back