Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m all for Houston and can see him playing midfield minutes. But until this club grows some and makes some big changes to an aging and slow midfield and limp forward line, we won’t win a premiership.

Players that can really sprint and Walsh imo isn’t that type. Then I forgot to add Cerra to that mix. Ugggghhhh!!!!

2 of Kennedy, Cerra and Walsh either need to find new homes this off season or only go into the midfield if we are desperate. Our midfield will fall off a cliff soon if we don’t make necessary changes

I don't think it needs to be that drastic a change, nor can you do it in 1 or 2 off seasons

Admittedly, when you bring in someone like Elijah Hollands who isn't quick, you do need to be aware of your current on ballers

I also believe we have added some speed, agility, xfactor in Wilson and Moir, but it needs to go further

So, anyone we do draft or trade in, needs to have those traits, no matter what part of the ground they play, as we lack speed/agility all over the park

I’m all for Houston and can see him playing midfield minutes. But until this club grows some and makes some big changes to an aging and slow midfield and limp forward line, we won’t win a premiership.

Players that can really sprint and Walsh imo isn’t that type. Then I forgot to add Cerra to that mix. Ugggghhhh!!!!

2 of Kennedy, Cerra and Walsh either need to find new homes this off season or only go into the midfield if we are desperate. Our midfield will fall off a cliff soon if we don’t make necessary changes

You're underrating Cerra, assuming he can get his body right.
Was tearing teams apart last year.

You're underrating Cerra, assuming he can get his body right.
Was tearing teams apart last year.
I’m not underrating Cerra at all. I know he is very good when fit.

But to bring in some quality you need to let some go. I’m not saying it must be him but until we change our midfield dynamic we won’t achieve what we are all hoping for

If we get Houston we need mids that can break away from their opponents. Cripps, Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett and Walsh won’t cash in on what Houston can bring to our backline midfield connection.

Question may well be how quick Lord Elijah Wilson come on and will Voss try names like Kemp Cincotta through the middle. Will we get Riley Garcia? Pick 11 could be a very good mid

Pick 11 won't help us win a flag next year
So Nick Watson isn't helping Hawthorn this year? Oli Hollands didn't help us last year (a Pick #11 btw)?

Plenty of first year players have made impacts, including those such as Will Ashcroft an Nic Daicos (albeit higher selections than 11).

If we select well Pick #11 very well could help us win a flag.

We should be prioritizing draft picks this year and using our picks next season for any trades.

A Pick #11 this year will help us a hell of a lot more for next years games than a pick in 2025.

We've got a promising core of young players in the 23 and under bracket. Kemp, Hollands, Hollands, Motlop, Binns, Cowan, Lord and Moir the most promising. We should try and get another strong pick into that group while using future picks to bolster our performance right now.

So Nick Watson isn't helping Hawthorn this year? Oli Hollands didn't help us last year (a Pick #11 btw)?

Plenty of first year players have made impacts, including those such as Will Ashcroft an Nic Daicos (albeit higher selections than 11).

If we select well Pick #11 very well could help us win a flag.

We should be prioritizing draft picks this year and using our picks next season for any trades.

A Pick #11 this year will help us a hell of a lot more for next years games than a pick in 2025.

We've got a promising core of young players in the 23 and under bracket. Kemp, Hollands, Hollands, Motlop, Binns, Cowan, Lord and Moir the most promising. We should try and get another strong pick into that group while using future picks to bolster our performance right now.
I’m in the basket of wanting draft picks and astute trades which cost very little this year.

If we can get 2 picks inside 20 or if a gun of ours wants to move, then take those picks to the draft.

if a gun of ours wants to move
This is something I'm curious about. We're yet to hear of any delistings or trade requests etc. If/who wants out could change things. Or, potentially 1 or 2 we may say we want to trade.

Not expecting any of the top 5/6 to ask for out, but the next tier, I wouldn't be shocked if 1 or 2 ask.

Carlton gettable notes

• Ben campo won sanfl under 18s best player award. Got 18 votes from 6 games
  • Houston wants to get to Victoria. Carlton saints dogs pies the 4 sides he’s seen. Voss really wants him but Carlton doesn’t wanna give up pick 11
  • No offer still for owies, wants to stay but seems like he’s gonna leave
  • Weitering set to be taken off the market on 6 year deal
  • Jack Martin has interest in heading back to Queensland
  • Laverde suitors Carlton and Geelong
Cheers, Juice. If we can flip 11 but get / stay in the first round this year, I'm open to it by using our FF. But can't see how that'll happen. Would it be worth our FF and downgrading in the first round? I say yes but its not a simple call.

Pissed about Owies - has a Betts feeling about it. Don't want him pushed out as we are so devoid of good goal-kicking smalls right now and he won't cost much.

Ryan would be the Martin replacement …

I think Jack Martin played so little for us over the last 5 years that we’ve all forgotten that he was actually pretty average for us when he did play. If we get Liam Ryan, we should hope he does more than Jack Martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies has been pushing for a contract for weeks and wants to stay. Carlton have yet to offer him anything

I find this strange especially since we gave Durdin Fogarty & Cottrell got 2 year extensions

Has to be someone in the pipeline if they aren’t budging on offering a contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty i just want Carlton to go find some players with a bit of ego and mongrel about them. Looking through history at the best VFL/AFL players a large majority of them had a bit of healthy ego and mongrel about them (eg Dipper, Dermie, Diesel etc etc). I think that is a good thing as long as they are not just narcissistic. Carlton seems to either not pick them or if they do they beat the ego out of them. Players with ego do not want to lose or be beaten. It just seems to me Carlton want only nice players. Its just my opinion but dam can we have some players with some mongrel and ego.
Oh and fix the midfield problem. If you can not win the ball then it matters not who else you trade in or pick in the draft. It all starts in the midfield.

Owies has been pushing for a contract for weeks and wants to stay. Carlton have yet to offer him anything

I find this strange especially since we gave Durdin Fogarty & Cottrell got 2 year extensions
Worse thing about Austin is the contracts he gives , we have no wiggle room now ….why we signed those 3 plus young plus pitto for that long amazes me now and even when they signed … owies probably deserves more then them .. they must see something I’m not

In all honesty i just want Carlton to go find some players with a bit of ego and mongrel about them. Looking through history at the best VFL/AFL players a large majority of them had a bit of healthy ego and mongrel about them (eg Dipper, Dermie, Diesel etc etc). I think that is a good thing as long as they are not just narcissistic. Carlton seems to either not pick them or if they do they beat the ego out of them. Players with ego do not want to lose or be beaten. It just seems to me Carlton want only nice players. Its just my opinion but dam can we have some players with some mongrel and ego.
Stringer is that unknown player you could get with a bit of ego .. but we don’t have the balls .. someone like Collingwood will get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back