Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard something on SEN the other day that mentioned their app is in line with the TV coverage. Don't know how true it is, or how good their commentary is but I'm sure it'll be better than Channel 7

I heard Channel 7 are also trying to synch Brian Taylors mouth to his brain .... no luck so far !

Exactly why I am reluctant to watch "replays".

Who knows if you'll get a different result?

At least if you watch the Kayo Mini's, your pain will be over quickly!

At least if you watch the Kayo Mini's, your pain will be over quickly!
Not if you get buffering issues.
I think I tried one time and the only footage I got was a cosmic lesson on how life is a circle, turning endlessly.:p

Yes, we most certainly are as paying members of the football club.
You get entry to games and the right to vote at an AGM or special meeting. There's nothing else specified and you still aren't 'owed' anything.

I'm planning on enlisting Maurice Blackburn to launch a class action against the Carlton Football Club because they owe us premierships and have not delivered in their contracts under Aust lii. Section 45a.

Who's with me? I have spare pitchforks ready!

Last edited:
I'm planning on enlisting Maurice Blackburn to launch a class action against the Carlton Football Club because they owe us premierships and have not delivered in their contracts under Aust lii. Section 45a.

Make sure you mention the Bobblehead fiasco..

I’m in mate. I want justice for the fact I can no longer get peanuts in a bag pegged at me at home games. And the lack of daily email updates from Luke Sayers directly keeping me abreast of whether there was enough tea/coffee on the break rooms.

Make sure you mention the Bobblehead fiasco..
Run Away Shiba Inu GIF by Justin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the words of John Lennon
Don't you know that you can count me out...in...........:p

We're owed a well ran club.

We're owed a team that is entertaining to watch.

We're owed success.

Do you need to be reminded the club is owned by the members?
Hi Bosty, If you are waiting for all this to happen you are missing what is happening now.
No game style is perfect, no club is run perfectly, no season plays out perfectly, no membership group has the same agenda.
However you have choices as a member in how you support the CFC, unfortunately you appear to have taken a mildly negative view on a public forum which probably means you are ‘owed’ a little push back.

So, what are we actually 'owed' as members? I know we are season ticket holders and have the right to vote at general and special meetings, these are all things that come with membership but what are we 'owed'?

I would say that it would be prudent for the club to engage with its members, which it does, but that isn't something 'owed' to us.
this is pretty circular but they owe us an AGM and the right to vote and that the direction of the club is strategically aligned with with Objects of the constitution - some of which directly support programs such as Carlton Respects

(edit) that is it

CFC said:
The Club exists for the benefit of its supporters and the community. It seeks to serve this purpose by undertaking the following:
(a) In playing the game of AFL football, to provide its supporters with enjoyment, engagement, fulfilment and hope of success;
(b) By promoting the playing of AFL football in general;
(c) Through promoting the playing of AFL football by maintaining, providing, supporting and controlling a team or teams of Players bearing the name of the Carlton Football Club, or affiliating with another entity for the purposes of playing AFL football in the Victorian Football League, in any competition with other clubs primarily within Australia, but if necessary or desirable in the opinion of the Board, in any other part of the world;
(d) Through the playing and promotion of AFL football, to encourage participation by its supporters and the community generally in the sport of AFL football to improve health, fitness and well being;
(e) To promote health and fitness generally in the community by: Constitution of Carlton Football Club 5
(i) being positive role models;
(ii) ensuring Players attend clinics within schools and at community events;
(iii) providing access to the Club’s facilities for organised community groups;
(f) Making available the Club’s facilities to charitable, community, sporting, social and educational groups;
(g) By being actively involved in multi-cultural programs and introducing community groups of diverse backgrounds to the sport of AFL football and the positive benefits that it brings; (h) To promote and actively support worthwhile causes including charitable organisations which can benefit from an association with, and assistance from, the Club;
(i) To promote environmental sustainability awareness and education to school groups and interested parties;
(j) Through striving for success on a sustainable basis including the pursuit of premierships; and
(k) Any other activities that will provide benefit to the community to ensure that the Club can fulfil its purpose.

this is pretty circular but they owe us an AGM and the right to vote and that the direction of the club is strategically aligned with with Objects of the constitution - some of which directly support programs such as Carlton Respects

(edit) that is it
And note that that exerpt reads 'hope of success' not guaranteed success!

(edit) that is it
Of course, there are matters of governance and statutory requirements. ( I have already acknowledged the rights of members to vote at AGMs and special meetings) .Those are requirements that you must fulfil.

That wasn't what the discussions have been about. People are saying we are 'owed' success, in terms of premierships etc. That is totally different.

Of course, there are matters of governance and statutory requirements. ( I have already acknowledged the rights of members to vote at AGMs and special meetings) .Those are requirements that you must fulfil.

That wasn't what the discussions have been about. People are saying we are 'owed' success, in terms of premierships etc. That is totally different.
Was at Festival Hall for the last special meeting.
Best we never have one again no matter what.
Exercised our rights that night. What a fiasco.
Let the club run the club I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back