Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Gary Lyon is right with what he is saying on Fox Footy right now.

His internal mail is Petracca is not being traded in ANY way by the Demons.

If you are ever right Gary please let this be the time and i dont want him if it involves losing Harry / Charlie or a TDK.

He can go to the Dogs for one of Naughton / Hagan or Darcy. Leave us out of this trap.

The best player I would trade for Trac is Cerra with picks going their way.

If they can get Cez right (clearly pending them doing medicals) then they've got an AA-caliber midfielder 5 years younger than Petracca.

They get picks on top of it.

Would be a huge step in their future rebuilding.

Wonder how Harry feels about this chat.

Imagine coming to the club and enduring crap years/results. Commit long term and show faith, turning down other offers. Only for (rumoured) the club to shop you round when they start to compete in finals.

Further, imagine CFC asks Harry to go. And he doesn't want to... hard to repair that.

(save me the, 'it is a business and Harry is a big boy' replies).
Harry, we know you're a Coleman medallist & one of the best full-forwards in the comp but go learn to play CHF ( & cop a lot of criticism during the transition), so we can play Charlie deep

Harry, neither TDK or Pitt offer enough forward to play two rucks so go & learn how to ruck.

Harry, Petracca may be available so while you've sacrificed for the team arguably more than anyone.. It's been real, laters

Saying that it wouldn't be well received amongst the playing group would be an understatement.

So, what type of player is Houston? From what I gather, he’s a half back with very good disposal. Is that really an area of need for us, or is it a case of, if you can get a good player, you go for it?

Kreuz was pretty handy when he was on the park.
I'm not sure if Gawn's coach worked the magic, or it was Gawn's drive & physique that netted the results, but I suspect more the latter than the coach.

We have 2 pretty handy ruckmen (well, one and a half) , so I'm of the opinion if it aint broke...
Pretty early on in his career but,….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, what type of player is Houston? From what I gather, he’s a half back with very good disposal. Is that really an area of need for us, or is it a case of, if you can get a good player, you go for it?

He’s #1 ranked in the league for goals from D50 transition.

Kicking skills open up the ground by hitting angles on the transition.

Dual AA. Exactly what we need.

Concern is Houston isn't quick. A little like Newman but a better kick.

He’s #1 ranked in the league for goals from D50 transition.

Kicking skills open up the ground by hitting angles on the transition.

Dual AA. Exactly what we need.
We need tall defenders and speed through the midfield and half forward.
Much more than we need another half back flanker, no matter how good he is.

With rumours of going after Aleer, I can see some logic in bringing in trac.

Kemp moves to permanent fwd with Jsos coming back in and obviously Curnow. Gives us a three pronged, mobile fwd line, with one that can ruck too.

I'll just throw it out there... Let's say we did trade Harry...

What the **** do we do with our midfield rotations?

Cripps
Walsh
Petracca
Cerra
Hewett
Kennedy

Way too many mouths to feed in there. If Trac is coming it has to involve some of our mids to go back the other way.

Imo we must keep Harry, Charlie can't carry a forward line on his own for a whole season. He already gets absolutely molested in every contest.

It’s been picks only for all the marquee trades in the last 10 years, Ablett Jnr, Dangerfield, Cameron.

This talk of McKay is media generated, hope our Powerbrokers don’t listen it - the same way the media drove our Trade for Saad, where we shouldn’t have given up our first rounder for him, except as soon as Saad said he wanted us the media struck the price of “our first rounder will get it done”.

:rolleyes:
This is the concern when a heavily contracted player nominates us.
Sounds like another Blues bendover to me.
We don't need another million dollar player, just more uninjured ones to choose from.

I'll just throw it out there... Let's say we did trade Harry...

What the fk do we do with our midfield rotations?

Cripps
Walsh
Petracca
Cerra
Hewett
Kennedy

Way too many mouths to feed in there. If Trac is coming it has to involve some of our mids to go back the other way.

Imo we must keep Harry, Charlie can't carry a forward line on his own for a whole season. He already gets absolutely molested in every contest.
Kennedy CHF would be the obvious answer.

Suggestions of trading H are insane.

We need tall defenders and speed through the midfield and half forward.
Much more than we need another half back flanker, no matter how good he is.
I’m not disputing that we have multiple areas of need. We can find tall defenders and speedy flankers in the draft.

A known and proven dual AA commodity who immediately improves our rebound, turn over and transition game and is 3 years younger than both of our key HBF’s is also a need.

F1 get it done.

I watched the Melbourne game earlier on in the year he single handily nearly won them the game when he went forward.

Gun.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's a top 5 player in the comp - just wouldn't be trading McKay, Curnow or TDK for him. I value KPPs far more and for me Petracca is not the missing piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back