Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trac is a game winning super star, he still wouldn’t fix what’s wrong with us and would set us back massively.
Personally I think it’s time for us to be bold & get a trade massively right or disastrously wrong - if u can turn Harry/Charlie into 2 very good players (young quick mid/forward & a key back) I think the sum total of 2 very good players outweighs 1 key forward.
If having 2 gun tall forwards was going to work for us - we would have seen it already.
Yes they have beat up on crap teams but it’s not like they are an unstoppable force most weeks - on paper they should be, but the reality is it hasn’t worked that way.
Hang on a minute .. have I got this right ?...

You don't want Petracca......

And you want to trade away Harry and Charlie ?.....

Are you Nuts ?

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Situation was different, but the fact they no longer had two dominant key forwards yet still won 2 consecutive flags remains...

Sure like you said they had Gunston, atg small forwards etc. But they also had an incredible midfield...

We're so far off that... like I said earlier, Cerra can't get on the park, Walsh is playing hurt, Hewett and Kennedy are solid contributors... Cerra is the only one of those four who has decent i50 delivery. There's still way too much reliance on Crippa and the bloke can only carry these guys so far by himself...
I agree with everything you’re saying but hawks already had the top end talented midfield and a very well functioning team.

Bringing in trac will help our mid group immensely but what about all the gaps/deficiencies elsewhere on the field and with coaching.

This is basically a repeat of bringing in Judd and losing Kennedy.

Judd is one of the all time greats and we still got no where near a flag.

I also question what bringing in a player like Petracca at the cost of one of our pillars would do to the culture of our club & cohesiveness of our team?

Petracca hasn’t ingratiated himself to his teammates recently, by all reports. Demons are a divided playing group & this hasn’t just happened, it’s been bubbling away.

Swapping a player for another is more than just moneyball, there’s a team first aspect we/they have to consider.

Hang on a minute .. have I got this right ?...

You don't want Petracca......

And you want to trade away Harry and Charlie ?.....

Are you Nuts ?

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Harry or Charlie for 2 very good players that fit an identified need.

I believe 2 key pieces is a greater benefit than 1 key forward.

I think we would be a much better side with a partner for Weiters & a top flight mid.
We need to be mindful of having prolonged success - Weiters needs a partner/under study & we need a damaging mid/forward.

If we are giving one person the credit for Max Gawn being good (not Max) are we marking the same person down severely for the failure to integrate Grundy into the Melbourne team?

Never gave him sole credit at all, Max is a gun and may well have been irrespective of who he had coaching him, in the same way Cripps has thrived despite some chaotic coaching changes.

For me, the best case scenario would be having Gawn or Grundy coaching TDK, learn from the best. With that option off the cards, getting access to a guy who coached Gawn for 10 years and briefly worked with Grundy would be a great way to bring in some top shelf IP in the ruck/stoppage space.

How would they pay for him - no draft picks.

They’d have to give up a Daicos to get him. Who else has any value?

If Collingwood has any chance at Petracca expect the AFL to approve the extension of trading of future years picks (years ahead) just before trade period.

Watch this space.

McKay is absolutely going to be all in to swap over to Melb:
  • because they have a great list
  • max gawn is young
  • they have so many great guys like lever may and kosi Pickett.
  • they’re clearly in the race for the flag before we are
  • they have finally got rid of that dud petracca.

IN WHAT WORLD IS MCKAY AGREEING TO LEAVE😂
Agree 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not trading for a 25yo Petracca.

He is 29 and coming off a major injury.
Big questions on how he has recovered mentally and physically from those traumatic injuries, IMO he cannot be the same player, I’m sceptical

Much rather we play harry back and kemp forward.

Trac is a game winning super star, he still wouldn’t fix what’s wrong with us and would set us back massively.
Personally I think it’s time for us to be bold & get a trade massively right or disastrously wrong - if u can turn Harry/Charlie into 2 very good players (young quick mid/forward & a key back) I think the sum total of 2 very good players outweighs 1 key forward.
If having 2 gun tall forwards was going to work for us - we would have seen it already.
Yes they have beat up on crap teams but it’s not like they are an unstoppable force most weeks - on paper they should be, but the reality is it hasn’t worked that way.
Disagree, I think Voss has failed to get the best out of them collectively.

Would be a disgrace to try and sell Harry.

Would rather invest in kids....

Petracca - a gun, but....29, at least some mental scars from the injury (which is entirely reasonable).

Tread carefully.

McKay is absolutely going to be all in to swap over to Melb:
  • because they have a great list
  • max gawn is young
  • they have so many great guys like lever may and kosi Pickett.
  • they’re clearly in the race for the flag before we are
  • they have finally got rid of that dud petracca.

IN WHAT WORLD IS MCKAY AGREEING TO LEAVE😂
Trac is leaving because the club is a poorly run drug unvested hell hole, plays in front of small crowds and limits future earnings outside of the game .

Sounds like a compelling reason for H to change clubs when he already has a lucrative long term deal

The Harry McKay talk with respect to the Petracca trade is all “Carlton hating media driven” - where was all this talk about marquee players being involved with previous mega player moves like Jeremy Cameron.

If a trade is to be done it will be picks only.

:thumbsu:

Disagree, I think Voss has failed to get the best out of them collectively.

Would be a disgrace to try and sell Harry.

Would rather invest in kids....

Petracca - a gun, but....29, at least some mental scars from the injury (which is entirely reasonable).

Tread carefully.
I don’t disagree, I don’t see Voss putting his hand up & going “I think I got this wrong”.
He’s not going anywhere so I think the only way we get change is by taking pieces away.
Key is to get very good pieces back, we have done remarkably well when Voss doesn’t have “his team” available.
We might just stumble across a consistent, winning team with a different set up and a couple upgraded/different players onboard.

Never gave him sole credit at all, Max is a gun and may well have been irrespective of who he had coaching him, in the same way Cripps has thrived despite some chaotic coaching changes.

For me, the best case scenario would be having Gawn or Grundy coaching TDK, learn from the best. With that option off the cards, getting access to a guy who coached Gawn for 10 years and briefly worked with Grundy would be a great way to bring in some top shelf IP in the ruck/stoppage space.
Pretty comfortable with the way TDK is progressing. Genuinely think that he is mapping to shortly be the most damaging ruckman in the comp. If so, surely that means that how he is being taught can't be too far off the mark.

I agree with everything you’re saying but hawks already had the top end talented midfield and a very well functioning team.

Bringing in trac will help our mid group immensely but what about all the gaps/deficiencies elsewhere on the field and with coaching.

This is basically a repeat of bringing in Judd and losing Kennedy.

Judd is one of the all time greats and we still got no where near a flag.

Trading Harry for Trac won't deter us from improving other areas of need.

When we got Judd we were still rubbish and keeping pick 3 and Kennedy wouldn't have made one iota of difference to our flag chances imo unless we had the value of hindsight and picked Dangerfield with that #3 pick (he went at #10).

Fev still would have screwed up at the Brownlow, we didn't have anyone near Cripps level, our fb was Michael Jamison.

Like I've been saying, I'm not advocating that we just ship Harry off... but if the club were to make the deal, I can understand why and it wouldn't be so bad...

Trading Harry for Trac won't deter us from improving other areas of need.

When we got Judd we were still rubbish and keeping pick 3 and Kennedy wouldn't have made one iota of difference to our flag chances imo unless we had the value of hindsight and picked Dangerfield with that #3 pick (he went at #10).

Fev still would have screwed up at the Brownlow, we didn't have anyone near Cripps level, our fb was Michael Jamison.

Like I've been saying, I'm not advocating that we just ship Harry off... but if the club were to make the deal, I can understand why and it wouldn't be so bad...
Murph won the AFLCA with Judd there

Weird argument, we are treacle slow in the midfield making the 3 headed monster seem cumbersome….nek minut, bring in Trac who whilst has a burst is not “fast”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agreed, I think it’s about not having a genuine game changer that plays small/tall.

Trac playing 70% forward would make us unstoppable with Charlie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back