Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Really just re-affirming what others have already said.

Owies has expressed to the club that he'd like to stay, but it's becoming increasingly unlikely that he will stay. The decision will come down to the club and what they can get.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Owies will be traded. Have been saying this for months now

Not keen for the club to overpay for SDK. Defenders always looks amazing in Geelong's system where they play extra numbers behind the ball. Hell even Ratugolea apparently looked worthy of trading a late first round pick plus some for him, hasn't looked any good at Port though.

Yup about as solid as a meringue looks great but may crumble so easily.
Hope for some solid news from ITKs and then wish heaps for luck.
At least now we have a little momentum and repeatable stays , we may just conjure something special.

2025 will only be his 6th year so free agency status wonā€™t come into affect.

A trade will be required but itā€™s usually a bit easier to get what you want for less when not contracted. But who knows.

SDK doesnā€™t fix my 2 main concerns and thatā€™s our midfield and forward line.
He helps it thou, another quality KPD takes work load off everyone, our transition out becomes smoother & more predictable, mids donā€™t have to work as hard back, ball movement improves & helps the forwards too.
Still need quality smalls & quick mid, but a solid & stable back line allows u to be more ā€œadventurousā€ who u run thru the midfield.
Itā€™s a massive net positive to the side

More I have thought about this the more I think we should hit the draft. Pick 11 this year, trade F1 and try to get another 1st rounder this year, plus campo boys. Who knows. Bringing in young blood may be the shot in the arm this team needs. MC needs to put
More faith in the youngsters IMO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely securing SDK also effectively secures TDK!!! Automatically becomes our required KPD Tall, Young or Big D stays for experience, or Lemey is recast as a tall defender (my preference).
SDK and their 1st round for pick 11 and a future second, better for their Bailey trade
I'd even throw in Pitto as a steak knife

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He helps it thou, another quality KPD takes work load off everyone, our transition out becomes smoother & more predictable, mids donā€™t have to work as hard back, ball movement improves & helps the forwards too.
Still need quality smalls & quick mid, but a solid & stable back line allows u to be more ā€œadventurousā€ who u run thru the midfield.
Itā€™s a massive net positive to the side
Iā€™d 100% hit the draft this year to start fixing our midfield and forward line and would offer Balta a big contract at the end of 2025 as he is a FA and with Richmond finishing at the bottom they will let him walk to get pick 2 as compensation.

Just my opinion

you wouldn't even blink before giving up pick 11 for SDK.
His 2022 was outstanding but, through (major) injury and form, he hasnā€™t reached the same heights since. Geelong also have an elite defensive unit, which may have made him look better than he was if he came to us.

Not trying to disparage him at all, but youā€™d want to be confident that he can regain his 2022 form if we were to give up pick 11.

Iā€™d 100% hit the draft this year to start fixing our midfield and forward line and would offer Balta a big contract at the end of 2025 as he is a FA and with Richmond finishing at the bottom they will let him walk to get pick 2 as compensation.

Just my opinion
Yep, 100% that works for me, reckon that is pretty close to the plan, SDK noise just throws a variable into the equation.
Itā€™s all a good position, nice when u donā€™t have to jump at shadows and have a solid plan in place.

He was injured and coming off knee surgery, wasnā€™t 100% so Scott didnā€™t want to risk him.
Heā€™s absolutely best 22.

To say otherwise is silly

Hey I rate him in your best 22... too bad your coach didn't...

SDK wasn't injured, if he was, he wouldn't have been as upset as he was when not selected and he certainly wouldn't have had a good game in your last VFL match...

Cats 1st pick is #15, that ainā€™t getting them Oliver and or Smith. They may have to put SDK up to have any chance of getting those 2.
Iā€™d offer 11 and Pitto, see if we can turn our F1 into a 1st rd pick this year to get us back in the top 20ā€¦.and pray that Berry/Hotton are still available at our pk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back