Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Kennedy and owies are clearly great lads that add tremendously to culture, which is one of the most important factors. It really is sad to see them go. It makes me resent our list management to date, going so hard at similar types to fill gaps and seemingly, arrogantly if so, tried to fir square pegs into round holes around the ground. Hopefully this is the only necessary growth pains towards a more mature, stable list management over the next decade and more!

First time in a while that our side in round 1 (or 0) is going to look different, while not stars, Owies and Bam Bam were regulars and great clubman.

We absolutely thank you for your service lads. Go well at your new homes.

That being said, this administration is definitely working differently this off season, I like it.

We are making the tough decisions to become better. Good clubs do this

If it was about just keeping good people both would stay. Tough business

Big culture change going to take place over the summer.

Don't underestimate what people like Kennedy and Owies mean to a football club on field output aside.

You’d be spinning knowing there’s a chance you get to Carlton who played in a prelim in 2023 and need a POD midfielder especially given how all of these kids are
Walsh: "hey cous, want you to meet someone"
Finn: "whom"
Walsh: "Charlie Curnow, he's got a few draft pointers for you."
Finn: "okay, is there anything I have to do?"
Charlie: "It's what you don't have to do..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate this one. Played every game, more than capable on baller and half forward. Best clubman. This will hurt the club.

Yeh. I hate it as well. I keep going back to 2-3 year extensions for Durdin Cottrell Young before their deals were done. Just nuts

It has cost us players like Kennedy who is much better player, and IMO that is a massive mistake

Why is this a move that shows he's bitter? If we're happy to move Kemp on for pick 8 then that's a trade that works for everyone - just because it's SOS doesn't mean it's some kind of revenge tour. If he's happy to pay overs for a contracted kid then win-win afaic.
Nah he's being a good dad here because Kemp was going to take JSOS's forward role next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back