Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Just not true.

This board makes up so much nonsense.

"The word on Kemp coming into the season was that he was destined for more midfield minutes after finding a home as a high-marking intercept defender in 2018, but he would end up having an impact just about everywhere...

Kemp’s disposal average of an even 20 across the NAB League and national carnival is quite impressive given the deep position he often took up either end of the ground, but if he is to play more permanently in the midfield, he can work on having bucket-loads of possessions more often."

He is not, and has never been, a natural mid.
So he 'Played mid in draft year' it seems? Not sure what youre getting at here.

Was quite aware he played predominantly defence, just suggesting that he have another go in the midfield due to his favourable attributes. Maybe you can spell out why you think thatd be a terrible idea

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our forward-line functioning together rarely occurs, and has been like that for way too long. Fix it please with everyone working to a plan/space/isolation/crumbing positions, including skills (and vision) improving the delivery by the midfielders.

2025 small/med forwards incl ZW, EH are both crafty kicks. C. Durd’s can hit up a lead. Moir is highly skilled.
In D50 we spoil toward danger areas and blled from ground balls, in F50 it gets spoiled away from danger areas and blleed rebounds from groundballs.

Love the ideaof Williams Kemp and Moir running through the F50, but we need some more tackling pressure too. Dont think we can have those 3 and Motlop unless 3 of the 4 are playing accountably.

Hopefully Fogarty fully recovers and our pick 3 can also go forward and lay a tackle and be dangerous.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not upset about pick 38 for Chugga, I would have been livid if we traded 32 for Kemp though.

I’m pumped we won’t be trying to put a square peg in a round hole trying to fit in Kennedy and allow us to have more pace in the team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I did have to laugh at a Bulldogs supporter's reaction to recruiting Kennedy :

"Great - we just got even slower !' :D

Just not true.

This board makes up so much nonsense.

"The word on Kemp coming into the season was that he was destined for more midfield minutes after finding a home as a high-marking intercept defender in 2018, but he would end up having an impact just about everywhere...

Kemp’s disposal average of an even 20 across the NAB League and national carnival is quite impressive given the deep position he often took up either end of the ground, but if he is to play more permanently in the midfield, he can work on having bucket-loads of possessions more often."

He is not, and has never been, a natural mid.
Couldn’t agree more. When the Saints came knocking at the end of the trade period for Kemp the responses on here about what his value was (first round draft pick) were not matched with reality. From what I have seen of him he doesn’t have any midfield qualities…endurance, ball winning ability, burst from stoppage.

The reality is he is a failed backman who I think should be given a chance up forward next year….but just because he played well against West Coast doesn’t mean it’s a sure thing he succeeds in that role. It’s a “make or break” year for him in 2025.

If I was a betting man I’d say it’s more likely he is just an average AFL footballer (still a good result for him) rather than a star of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back