Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh has been carrying the bulk of the defensive running in the onball group the last two months. Notice the only player generally chasing when the opposition run it from a clearance is Walsh? Token quick player being asked to do all the defensive running because we get nothing from Cerra, Cripps, Kennedy and Hewett. Doesn't get a run in a second position.

That IMO is what has cooked Walsh.

I know alot of people on here don’t like the idea, but for age sake I’d go for Bailey smith
Reckon he has done a lot of growing up and if he was played at HFF with ~10 or so CBA's per game he'd be electric

Geelong will get the absolute maximum output out of him and will get him for unders - that I am sure of

Reliable ones are yes hard to find. Those mentioned are not.

Shock horror.

We love our players, but they've been backed in without question since 2016 now for 1 finals appearance - they're onto their 3rd coach and this is it - the club has set a goal to deliver a flag/s now, now.

They won't desperately hold onto players that are still inconsistent, can't handle the pressure of expectation or bodies are suspect.

I'm glad the club has this view.

FWIW I'd have TDK & Charlie as untouchable.

i reckon at least one of the tall forwards would be untouchable if the other was traded. my opinion of course.

also wonder on voss's gameplan vs tdk/harry/curnow being, um, touchable.

is it injury unreliable or play unreliable? might pay to fix any issues first? anyway, juicy juicy

Last edited:

For gods sake let this be true.
Trac - if by some miracle you are to read this - come to Princes Park. You were born to be a Blue.

Plenty of people here saying they would give up Walsh for Petracca.

For me if we are interested in Walsh go, I’d much prefer we trade him to North for pick 2. North would jump at the chance to bring in a gun as no guns really want to get there.

Could be as simple as:
Out: Walsh & F3
In: pick 2

Go to the draft and nab
pick 2: Langford/O'Sullivan
Our 1st Trainor/Berry/Lindsay
So we’re going to give up a pick 1 5 years later so that we can have a pick 2 and hopefully he can win a best in finals award in 4 years. Plus we need to hand over a future 3rd.

They'd ask for McKay + a 1st, and rightly so.
No, not "rightly so" - that's crazy.

Petracca will be 29 before a ball has been bounced next season, and who knows how much this current (very serious) injury will affect his longevity?

McKay is a full 2 years younger and is a Coleman medal winning KPF. AND you want to throw in a 1st rounder too?

That's just diabolically, laughably bad. We'd politely say "No thank you" and walk away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, not "rightly so" - that's crazy.

Petracca will be 29 before a ball has been bounced next season, and who knows how much this current (very serious) injury will affect his longevity?

McKay is a full 2 years younger and is a Coleman medal winning KPF. AND you want to throw in a 1st rounder too?

That's just diabolically, laughably bad. We'd politely say "No thank you" and walk away.

Petracca is a top-5 player in the whole comp when he's on, he's their best player and contracted for 5 more years.

If we had a player of that caliber and the other team had Harry + a 1st, I'd be asking the same.

This place overrates Harry, btw. Love him but he hasn't done enough to warrant the mega-star reputation he has on here. Had a good Coleman year, was better this year but overall.. I'm still waiting for the final product & I'm unsure if it's arriving. Has all the ability in the world but can't help but think he will always struggle in the big moments.

Peteracca would cost similar to Jeremy Cameron, 3 first rounders.

The roster isnt anywhere near good enough that we can burn three first rounders on Petracca. Thats the deal you do when everything is already in place and Petracca is the guy thats putting you over the top to achieve the premiership.

I back in all of our players to develop but the reality is you pick up the best kids in the first round. We need to continue taking those picks to stretch our premiership window as far as possible.

As for the players you mentioned, you need to take off the blue tinted glasses imo:
  • Walsh - yes he’s class, but he also seems to have a chronic back issue that is affecting his performances. Does that get better or worse over time? I’m not sure.
  • Berry - I assume you mean Sam? He’s not on our list and he’s a plodder.
  • B. Campo - sublime is a massive stretch. He has afl level traits but he’s one of the worst kicks I’ve seen for a while.
  • L. Campo - we will have done extremely well if he ever becomes a regular at senior level. At this point in time I don’t see it happening.

well, welcome to Carlton then.;)

Are we? :think: Not convinced we are.
If this is also the view of the club then sure, stay away from Petracca. With the talent on the list I think we are but I'm just a supporter. If we think we are close I just see us better with Petracca. If that means one of our big forwards moves somewhere else to make it happen I'd still be on board. Suspect that neither would be keen to move though.

If we as a club feel we dont have the right parts then chase the draft picks.

aymen!!!

Been trying to say this for months
Finally to add to this before anyone comes along with the salary cap increase argument again.

Players have it written into their contract that their salaries increase with any increase to the CBA.

So it does not open up any room in the cap unless the players are out of contract or traded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back