Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're exaggerating a little there. Since when do Gold Coast have supporters plural?

I must say fair point mate! :D

Will add Fish and CC in particular of the young'uns really impressed though.

Need the ball in the hands of someone like Fish and Cunners more often than say, Mullett who had 28 touches today. Or even Ed, as much as I love him, had 37 touches. Delivering the ball ain't those guys expertise exactly.
at only 57 percent efficiency

Anyone who has ever read my posts will know that, win lose or draw, I’m always looking for the positives. I don’t like supporters who are fickle and reactive, but, and it pains me to say this, that was nothing short of disgraceful...

First of all, you don’t lose Kreuzer and replace him with Polson. It threw out the structure completely. Not Polson’s fault, but that was just dumb.

I’ll start with the captain. Murphy cannot play an inside role any more. He’s just physically inferior and unable to impact the contest. Wing, high half forward, outside run and distribution. But cannot play inside any more.

Weitering. Far too worried about getting hurt. I love that boy, but he needs to toughen up real quick and learn that footy needs to be “ugly” sometimes.

Cripps. I know it’s a hangable offence to criticise Patty, but one game on and one game off won’t cut it I’m afraid. Did not stand up to the pressure today. Did nothing to change the momentum of the game. Sorry, not good enough.

Only positives today, Charlie and Thomas. Maybe Marchbank in spurts.

The rest were putrid. Again, I’m sorry to use such harsh language. But the constant fumbling, the inability to hit a two metre handball, the dropped marks, the incredibly poor decision making, the turn overs by foot under no pressure, the lack of effort and work rate, and the DUMB footy was sickening...

I watched St.Kilda play the worst game of footy I’ve ever seen yesterday. We matched them today.

Very very disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Popcorn done, this thread is going to be a beauty....

OK, I’m ready!

I think i need another bottle of Single Malt......

Pathetic & Embarrassing. Little effort is unacceptable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can't imagine how it's even possible when you have an angry ant of a coach who will tear strips off you for it. Unless Bolts isn't as hard on them as we think. Just can't get over all periods of stagnant movement today. It's round 2, not round 20-something.

Take Jones out of the side. It’s a good story but it isn’t working at the highest level.

McKay played well in the twos bring him in and give him a season to show what he can do with some consistency.

Polson back to the two’s and Graham steps back up.

Williamson can’t come back soon enough, need his efficiency and cool head.

Bring Macreadie in for Byrne.

Overall thoughts:

-From the match committee to almost every single player out there, heads should be hung in disgrace. Only players spared are Curnow, Fisher and Cripps to a lesser extent
- Skills wise, that was almost the worst display of disposal I’ve ever seen. In literal shock right now. Couldn’t even hit 5 meter handballs???
-We lead in inside 50’s, contested possessions etc but the forward line completely broke down. That’s on Bolts. I’m not too concerned about this as structure and lineup can be fixed week to week and against the Pies we’ll definitely not go in looking like we did today
-O’shea is someone who should only ever be considered if the team gets wiped out by the plague or other such doomsday scenario, and he’s the only player we have to field
-Jones is not playing the KPF’s properly. I get backing yourself in but he’s lost almost every single contest

The reason this hurts is cause it felt like the dark days we’d left behind. Back to disposal skills at training please.

I was about to write the same thing word for word ... thx for putting in the effort.

I need to see Bolt’s presser before I hang him out to dry but I have to say the honeymoon is over and eyes have to be on the coach from now on. The crap that was dished up today was completely unacceptable and was a carbon copy of our dark days.

Think Bolts just got it wrong today, he will learn, similar to the port game last year. Cas is a pinch hitter at absolute best. What i cant understand is how he constantly was beaten for front position in throw ins, literally every time. How can a man that big not atleast half throw ins. Polson clearly not ready, too many fumbles, missed handballs, broken tackles.
SOS, Kruz & Kennedy in for Polson, Weitering & Bryne

Well done to Fish and Charlie Curnow.

I hope Polson is persisted with. He was like a deer in headlights, and needs a few weeks to work through that. Some of what he did showed glimpses of potential.

We’ve now stunk up the competition for the best part of twent years. I’ve seen some poor players in that time, but O’Shea is right up there.

A lacklustre, uncommitted performance with such deplorable execution of basic skills is unacceptable at any time, let alone in round 2.

Something better turn around quick cause a loss to Collingwood next week will be a disaster

Shameful effort by all concerned.
If we lose to the Pies next week 2018 will a long, hard slog for the Blues. Last week's promise will be seen as a temporal aberration.

Feel ashamed I subjected my young kids to that today. Just a pitiful performance. Basic skills, on a perfect day for football, we’re non existent. Lynch murdered us again...we were lucky he only kicked 8. Soul searching required this week...what is clear is we have a very long way to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back