Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Weitering could be the worst number 1 pick ever.
The Board needs to take responsibility for the abysmal, pathetic and woeful effort witnessed today.
Also, seriously what was the match committee thinking with Polson in instead of Mckay?
Huge list turn over year upon year and yet we still have lots of rubbish on our list.
33 game reset looks like a 133 game reset right now.

I reckon u just have to put a game like that down to it being "one of those days"

Should have played a ruck. where are phillips and lobbe?

How would our forward line have looked with May taking Cas, thompson on Charles and weiters with the 3rd tall?
In saying that weiters is a piss ant. There is no doubt he is physically weak, Makes jack watts look like Leigh Matthews and I suspect he is mentally weak!
Phillips played in the 2's in his first game back from injury... Lobbe is injured.

As terrible as that was (very few positives), it somehow produced that imbalanced i50 statistical anomaly: to what do we attribute this?

Can't say we didn't have opportunities, but worked too sloppily to make the most of them, and defended far too poorly - the points conceded per d50 entry was damning.

Too many found it too hot in the kitchen today, which is concerning.

I think we saw the value of Jack Silvagni today - Charlie needs him back in the side, I reckon. He's one of the few on our list clever enough to make space and provide dummy leads when needed, and another leading target is required.

Poor at the selection table this week. Almost the moves of a cocky selection committee able to tinker and experiment, but we're not there yet. Sold the farm to get O'Shea into the line up, and I'm buggered if I know why.

Philips and McKay both played in the vfl didnt they? i understand Philips is under done but we still should of played McKay and why wouldn't you play Kerridge over polson at least kerridge would hav got his hands on it and got in and had a go he actually was good late last yr

Absolute rubbish mate. I have been repeating it for days now. Harry has done and shown nothing at all so far this season in the JLT or practice games to demand selection. End of story!

as soon as they are fit enough McKay TDK Kerr Kennedy Williamson Macreadie Lang O'Brien Silvagni need to play. Cuningham Polson need to stay. They all need to play until years end for either the experience or see if they are good enough. Absolutely no point playing average recycled players anymore.
So we are just going to hand young players games without them earning it? great way to build culture

as soon as they are fit enough McKay TDK Kerr Kennedy Williamson Macreadie Lang O'Brien Silvagni need to play. Cuningham Polson need to stay. They all need to play until years end for either the experience or see if they are good enough. Absolutely no point playing average recycled players anymore.

We'll get flogged weekly carrying the likes of TDK, Kerr, Polson and O'Brien, which is not ideal.

We can only carry a few of our best kids to remain somewhat competitive, namely Dow and perhaps O'Brien.

Is it too early to ask the AFL for a special draft pick? Half the team today were VFL quality hacks.

That though doesn't excuse the lack of skill by just about every player and the terrible decision to not select a true ruck and the inexcusable persistence with Jones playing loose on Lynch. Bolton needs to take responsibility for these things.

Aside from that the list is bereft of leadership. Countless fumbles and errors in the first half by our leaders. You can't win football games when your so-called leaders fumble and butcher the ball.

This was a complete and utter disaster of a game for this once proud and great football club.

Can't wait to see BB in the presser. Wonder if he will trot out corporate mumbo jumbo BS or actually call it as it is and apologise to fans, members and stakeholders and take responsibility as the head of the football part of the business that is the CFC.

Just an unprofessional display in every respect from the players to the leaders to the game plan to the selection table.

I'm most interested to know what the directions were here, was it part of the game plan or was Liam off doing what he liked?

Absolute rubbish mate. I have been repeating it for days now. Harry has done and shown nothing at all so far this season in the JLT or practice games to demand selection. End of story!
Its not the "end of story" because he was the best candidate for that position. Going in without a second tall fwd/back up ruckman killed our structure. The needs of the team come first

So we are just going to hand young players games without them earning it? great way to build culture

as opposed to current group? they have earned it as much as any and that's not the way it works when rebuilding. Charlie Fisher SPS didn't earn their spots early either but the benefits are starting to show.

are Mullett Lamb O'Shea etc earning their spots?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Board needs to take responsibility for the abysmal, pathetic and woeful effort witnessed today.
Also, seriously what was the match committee thinking with Polson in instead of Mckay?
Huge list turn over year upon year and yet we still have lots of rubbish on our list.
"Dad,"
"Yes, son."
"What's that?"
"Why son, that's hyperbole."
"Gee dad, there sure is a lot of it."
"I know, son. I know."

Your weiters comment is a disgrace mate. Don't overreact.

HItouts 58-19. Lol. Now there I’ve your difference. If I was witts i would of checked where Cripps was and hit it wherever he wasn’t. Win.

as opposed to current group? they have earned it as much as any and that's not the way it works when rebuilding. Charlie Fisher SPS didn't earn their spots early either but the benefits are starting to show.
They did earn their spot by playing well. Polson has had 2 cracks and has shown nothing. To leave him in the side based on nothing but he is young is wrong and develops a terrible culture. He was a liability today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back