Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillips played in the 2's in his first game back from injury... Lobbe is injured.
Explains a lot, thanks.
Clearly Bolts thought we could match witts around the ground giving up the hitouts. I dont think witts had a massive imnpact, the impact was taking Cas out of the f50! Its been the same for years. As soon as u take cas out we lose all shape!

we needed less inexperience today. not more. not sure what to expect when we have dow, oshea, mullett, polson all learning

????

This experience line people use is unfounded. If we have Murphy Kruezer Curnow Jones Plowman Simpson Wright Thomas in our side how much more do we need? Weitering Marchbank Garlett SPS Silvagni are beginners anymore. From then I would prefer Macreadie O'Brien Williamson Lang over O'Shea Mullett Lamb etc any day

Last edited:

•Repeat effort smother in the first.

•Burst inside fwd 50

• 8 contested possessions

• 6 inside 50s

• won a good clearance

Good in patches.
Hhahahahah "burst inside 50" "won a good clearance". He does some good things, and by no means would i not play him because i think he is going to be a very, very good player but lets not just praise him for the sake of it. He had 11 touches, 4 kicks, 2 tackles and went at 45%. Needs to improve

Absolute rubbish mate. I have been repeating it for days now. Harry has done and shown nothing at all so far this season in the JLT or practice games to demand selection. End of story!
Your probably right but still would of played him over polson who has shown absolutely nothing at any level

Lang and Willo must come in if fit.
Ditto Kreuzer and Kennedy.
The ubertall backline experiment has failed.
Polson not ready.
Mullett and O'Shea can get the ball, but don't seem to know what to do with it. Not even disposal quality, just running on the spot trying to decide who to kick to.
Weiters needs a spell and some confidence.
Casboult is not a ruckman.
Jones is also not a ruckman.
Umpires hate Lamb.

Messages need to be sent now. I'm not writing anyone off this early in the piece, but some blokes need to be dropped til they earn their spots again.

Out: Jones, Weiters, Polson, O'Shea, Mullett, Byrne (inj)
In: Kreuzer, Macreadie, Lang, Kennedy, Williamson, O'Brien

FB: Plowman, Marchbank, Simpson
HB: Williamson, Macreadie, Cuningham
C: Lang, SPS, Thomas
R: Kreuzer, Cripps, Kennedy
HF: Fisher, Curnow, Murphy
FF: Wright, Casboult, Lamb
I/C: Curnow, Dow, Garlett, O'Brien

Not sure how McKay went in the VFL, but if he played well enough to justify it, now may be the time to bring him in too (would be harsh to drop Levi after forcing him to ruck against Witts most of the day though, poor selection not his fault).

You pretty much nailed the outs and ins for next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a train filled with Carlton supporters.. no chatter, no anger, no discussion about the game. Everyone just so conditioned now to how bad we are.

Next week is Bolts make or break.

At least unlike previous coaches who went undefeated in pre-season we didn’t extend his contract.
From what i can see Bolton has served his role
A at time when Bolton took over the Blues AFL team was pretty much refusing to play ,now he has them trying....He has served us up a heap of hope on growth and journey backed by defensive selections and defensive minded play[so would i with a list like that]
Our list was way bad and some a few years back......almost worst ever
Got to look at it properly for what it is and where club is actually at
We have an easy draw this year but didnt calculate Suns to be in form early
Bolton is probably average and may lack some flair perhaps in certain areas,Iam also not a fan of Barker,he just seems too comfortable in his role
I do like Teague and Amos etc and SOS and co......we are going to improve and SURVIVE.

That was about as bad as anything dished up in the Malthousse era. So sick of being let down with a shocker like this, following on from an encouraging performance the previous week.
Not selecting a ruckman to replace Kreuzer such poor judgement.
To have three players with a kicking efficiency at three quarter time at under 35% is disgraceful. Mullett why did import another who can't kick. Thomas, say no more and the worst of all was Murphy at under 25%.

None of Weitering, Cuningham, Gartlett, Lamb, Polson, Wright, Pickett, SPS (atm) and Murph (anymore) have the fortitude to fight throughout a tough game.

The likes of Mullet, O'Shea, Cas, Bryne, Jones won't ever have the ability to, whether the desire is there or not.

The only real grunt players we have are Cripps, Kreuz, Simpson, Doc (A graders), Fish, Charlie, Marchbank? (not yet consistent) and Ed, Thomas, Plowman? (limited ability).

That's a pretty grim list - we simply won't be able to build enough consistency until this changes.

Jesus. Talk about harsh. Poor guy is out injured for three months and hasn't touched a footy for a couple of weeks but is still in line for a smashing? :huh:

The selection of Oshea to replace a forward was a ****** red flag. After one week bolton gave up on positive footy and went back to negative bull**** that took us nowhere. Two extra defenders in the squad, and a not ready mid replacing a ruck. Absolute crap from Bolton. We may win, we may not, but the boys have to be given a chance

Last edited:
Bolton can't handball and kick for them. Think people are being too critical of him. Yes, he should have done better at the selection table, but clean up those basic fundamental errors and we'd be well in it.
While that is true, i'm a little confused with the structures. It seemed completely different to last week. There was little overlap, and the players seemed keen to throw it on the boot and play percentages down the line, and hope Charlie or Casboult took a pack mark. Under 11 football strategy but with a smaller team than last week. Team Selection woeful. Gameday tactics poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back