Bomber Thompson- major sook

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost alot of respect for Geelong from Thompsons comments tonight.

It's easy to appear as a classy side when your winning, which I thought they were.

They lost fair and square, that sort of free kick is paid 9 times out of 10 imo.

My question is this. Do St Kilda ever win a final without a 'controversial' decision. And as for Mark Thompson, if I want good losers I'll be writing to the club to get John Worsfold to coach.

regards,

Sour Grapes (pass the whine!) ;)

You Geelong supporters are as bad us your coach. Bad sports and blind.

Controversial decisions.

FACT: last two finals when Geelong were about dead and burried you have been awarded goals when it was a point to turn the game back your way.

GF: Hawkins hits post and gets goal.

Today: Zac pushes the the ball through and Mooney whose boot did not touch the ball is awarded a goal.

ofcourse he was, he just lost a chance to get to a prelim in a 50/50 call
absolute rubbish, it was a clear free kick, you cant ride someone into the ground momentum or not. He should be sooking at his players for their first 2 and a half quarters, thats where they lost the game and the fact the saints for some reason stopped playing the way they did that got them 5 goals up in the 1st place.

St Kilda wanted it more.

I think Geelong underrated them.

Geelong shouldn't sook. Mooney's comments were pathetic...in the heat of the moment yes...but pathetic.

Whate game were you watching? The Saints were far from impressive in the second half.

The Cats lost in the dry, but played well in the wet (as usual, led by Bartel and Ling). There was nothing in the result. I don't think you are right about the contested ball count either.

There were a lot of inconsistencies in the umpiring, but that's not unusual this year. The free paid to Gwilt happened all around the ground all night, and was paid a few times and let go as well.

I don't think there was much in it. Any Saints fans thinking that this flag is a done deal (like many posters on this forum) had better watch the replay. Ross "Bill Murray" Lyon certainly wouldn't be happy with the second half.

The rain certainly brought the Saints back to the Cats level but look at contested stats, Saints well ahead and really Cats struggled all night to get any flow going. Saints midfield was well up as it usually is.

Lost alot of respect for Geelong from Thompsons comments tonight.

It's easy to appear as a classy side when your winning, which I thought they were.

They lost fair and square, that sort of free kick is paid 9 times out of 10 imo.

Maybe their ego's really are too high down there.

????

I don't think there was much in it. Any Saints fans thinking that this flag is a done deal (like many posters on this forum) had better watch the replay. Ross "Bill Murray" Lyon certainly wouldn't be happy with the second half.

Who said it was a done deal? Find one Saints fan who has said the flag is a certainty.

You got beaten and your coach didn't handle it well.
Happens to every team and every coach - just accept it and move on. You don't have to defend everything blindly just because it is a criticism of your team.

I just hope the stars align tomorrow & we get over Freo. We owe these pussies just pipping us the last 4 times.
Then we can give the big sook puff-eyed rat a real reason to crack the sads.
Ha Ha Ha... Go Hawks

St Kilda wanted it more.

I think Geelong underrated them.

Geelong shouldn't sook. Mooney's comments were pathetic...in the heat of the moment yes...but pathetic.

Wouldn't say we underrated them. St.Kilda just came to play and we didn't match their intensity or desire in the first half. The last quarter and a half was good from a Geelong point of view, but it was always going to be an uphill battle coming back from 6 goals down in the wet.

I just hope the stars align tomorrow & we get over Freo. We owe these pussies just pipping us the last 4 times.
Then we can give the big sook puff-eyed rat a real reason to crack the sads.
Ha Ha Ha... Go Hawks

Geelong will absolutely annihilate whoever wins tomorrow's match.

Not seen the "sook" but just wanted to pipe in and say St. Kilda were the better team over the game and deserved the win. Geelong looked like a chance but it would have been a sneaky win. Please don't judge all Geelong supporters by the reactionary, stupid posts some are wanton to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will absolutely annihilate whoever wins tomorrow's match.
On what grounds do you base that on?
They have just beaten us the last 4 occasions! If we can beat Freo(granted will be hard) in a big final I think the Cats will be under more pressure than us.

Pretty poor form by Thompson, but let's be honest, he's not the only coach in the league that would react that way.

I guess it's easier to act cool, calm and collected when you're winning every week.

Yeah, it's not such a big deal. However, watching it today you could sense Bomber was more frustrated than usual during the game. He is usually pretty calm but was visibly upset on many occasions.

Funny how people are ignoring the fact that the umpires had been letting play go ever since it started raining, most of which were clearer free kicks then that last decision. I understand your anguish though, the first chance to sink the boot into the best team in the competition no matter if dignified or not cant be ignored now can it???:rolleyes:

Geelong are not the best team in the comp....havn't beaten StKilda this year and didn't finish top. Now they find themselves one loss from going out in straight sets......hardly THE BEST are they.

the boy's always been a sook - thinks geelong have some god given right to win. lyon could've harped on about the missed frees to saints last year (eg the blatant jumper grab on a goal bound schneider), or the soft frees to the cats in the 50 (ablett's bullshit free and goal), or the hawkin's non-goal.
instead he looked forward like a man, not a child.
cats supporters having a whinge - fair enough - no responsibility - only emotionally involved, but for the coach to cry without fair reason - very poor.

You're only as good as your last four matches against us. :) Funny how Hawks say they own us on the back of a few close finals wins but when we say 'what about the last four' they say 'hey they were close (+excuse +excuse +excuse)'. 1 ciggie left? You'll be all out of smokes next week even if you've got one ciggie left after going to Perth. Either way the Mayblooms will be smoked before Prelim Final weekend.

regards,

REB

A twenty-six points difference is certainly not 'close.'

The end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomber Thompson- major sook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back