Autopsy Brave Bulldogs go down by 14 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort. A lot to like about Freijah Garcia, Sanders and Gallagher despite some errors.

To be honest I'm a bit concerned about Bont. Just doesn't seem himself.

At least there can't be too many arguments about selection next week, the cupboard is getting quite bare.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why will we get spanked next week?

Also, the inaccuracy needs consequences. Feel like there's just an acceptance of missing shots. If you have 5 shots and kick 0.5 or 1.4 you should be dropped. That'll fix it quickly.

Because we are down Naughton, Richards, Libba still possibly not ready to return, Collingwood are coming back into form and another demoralising defeat tonight will hurt an undermanned team.

No, we can't OG.

But I have a long memory.

#32 Jacob Mollison

Google seems to know a lot about him... 😄

Nathan Williamson’s usually been the one that’s killed us of late and I was a little worried when I saw his name on the umpire sheet tonight. Alas I can’t even blame him for that late 50.

Well you can put the “coach has lost the players” call in the bin that’s for sure.
I’d love some insight into what’s changed at the club the past few weeks. Is it just time and a few things to click from the new coaches? Has there been some sort of internal clear and he air? Is it forced change due to injury? Is it a clear shift in game plan? Either way it’s positive as a member.

At one stage it was Darcy, Sanders, Garcia, West and Gags at the Centre Bounce. Amazing.
I reckon we might have given away a free for having 1 too many in the middle if that was the case :)

Oliver G do you have the data to determine if there has ever been a younger combined age CBA attendance than Darcy, West, Gallagher and Sanders?

Last edited:
Swans fans delusional if they’re happy with that.

2 on the bench and nearly lost to our kids in the midfield.
Swans will never win a flag with K-marty, Bogan McDonald and Maclean as their tall forwards. Unless its kicked to them in open space they're useless and all too similar.

Can’t blame the effort, can’t blame the umpires, we can blame the execution and perhaps the injuries mixed with the 5 day break.

Bottom line is though we had enough chances to win, we had 5 more shots at goal (including 7 of the last 8) and won on xScore by 2 goals.

Sydney punished poor turnovers and we didn’t.
Why can’t you blame the umpires?

They were horrendously biased, and deserve every bit of criticism that comes their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d love some insight into what’s changed at the club the past few weeks. Is it just time and a few things to click from the new coaches? Has there been some sort of internal clear and he air? Is it forced change due to injury? Is it a clear shift in game plan? Either way it’s positive as a member.

It feels like a really dramatic change, I would guess a clear the air meeting could have taken place.

I don’t want to judge yet but perhaps newish team and new game style just needed a little time to gel? I dunno.

Used to really respect Sydney as a football club and fan base, but now I absolutely can’t stand them.

Their incessant and largely misplaced whining about the umpiring in the 2016 GF, has led to us being a pariah with the umpires.

If their fans ever feel like whinging about getting a raw deal from umpires against the Bulldogs, I suggest they go back and try to watch a replay of this match as objectively as possible.

This should also be a great example for our coaches to show the AFL umpiring department to show them how biased they have become against us.

The ultimate insult being the 50 penalty against Darcy for something that every Swan who stood a mark did for the entire match, in what was clearly a team tactic but for which they were never penalised.

This result and the injuries will be hard to overcome but very proud of the boys for giving it their all. Could be the making of a few players and the team if we keep the faith.

They kicked 5 goals from free kicks and/or 50 metre penalties. As their fans are so concerned about umpiring standards I’d expect they’d be disappointed to see that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep that loss is as painful as it gets, all odds against us and yet we still should have probably pinched it. But **** I walk away from that game as proud as I’ve been of this team in 3 years, genuinely the first time I’ve been proud of them.

We stand for something now, we have a brand and I can see what we’re trying to do and I can see how we win the ****ing game, it’s been a while. Tonight was a shit storm of shit, 2 of probably our best 2 players on the ground at the time they went off, 5 day break against the best team by a mile and throw in some terrible umpiring. Yeah we were up against it, that’s probably 4 of our top 7 players not on the field. But we ran over the top of them and gave ourselves a chance to win. Genuinely proud.

Love what we’re building and the young guys we’re bringing through, West, Sanders, Gags, Garcia they make mistakes but **** they’re up for it. Can’t really fault anyone tonight and walk away happy enough.

The years a bit cooked especially with Naughty probably done for a while but honestly we just have to scrape into the finals and we can beat anyone. **** it bring it on, we’re back and only gonna get better

Brave yep. Some promising signs yep. Crazy 50m too.

Also dropped a winnable game. The goal kicking accuracy this team possesses is farcical. We were lucky last week to not pay for it. Cody is pretty much our only reliable shot and is out. Tackling awful.

Unfortunately moral wins don’t get you the points. Will hurt us and continue to hurt us if we can’t do the basics to the standard of a top 8 team. We could have won this and could have won against Geelong. And these ‘almosts’ against good teams over the last few seasons are stacking up. At a point it’s not luck.

Injuries are forcing Bevo to adapt which I’ll take. Will be some long term benefit there. Excited to see more of West, Garcia, Gallagher etc. More Bont up forward (even if he’ll miss important goals as he does), then put him in the middle for the big moments.

This 5 game home stretch is where we must do damage. Injuries are tough but every team goes through them. Have to rack up the wins here.

Great effort. A lot to like about Freijah Garcia, Sanders and Gallagher despite some errors.

To be honest I'm a bit concerned about Bont. Just doesn't seem himself.

At least there can't be too many arguments about selection next week, the cupboard is getting quite bare.

You used to feel like anything was possible while Bont was on the field but something has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why can’t you blame the umpires?

They were horrendously biased, and deserve every bit of criticism that comes their way.
Well there are a lot of things that are within the team's control that can turn our season around, no need to worry about things outside of our control.

Change takes time and we had a lot of change

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair enough we played well considering the injuries etc, but the fact is we had way more scoring shots and only ourselves to blame for that

Should have won the game.

Because we are down Naughton, Richards, Libba still possibly not ready to return, Collingwood are coming back into form and another demoralising defeat tonight will hurt an undermanned team.

So what? Turn up with the attitude we turned up with tonight and we can achieve anything.

Tonight is the first time in a looooong time that I have been genuinely proud of the team. Three down against the top side 9-1 and we fought it right out to the very end. We showed heart and spirit. Been ages since we've shown as much as we did tonight.

We should've won, we had a d***head umpire screw it up late, but had those injuries not happened every chance we win that. Christ, it's not often we can genuinely hold our heads up high after a loss, but tonight is the night the future arrived and its bright.

Believe. Don't roll over and concede.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back