Review Bulldogs secure 6th place with a huge win against the Plastics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt like Arty running power put a lot of pressure on the giants defenders today, with Vanders out
Id roll with him as the finals subb
He's the obvious VDM replacement for mine. Covers ground and puts pressure on, can play the same role

Felt like Arty running power put a lot of pressure on the giants defenders today, with Vanders out
Id roll with him as the finals subb

Interesting we had McNeil in defense for a bit. Didn't look out of place

Arty will have people going “but his stats were nothing special”, but his game was way more than stats. Did a lot of the pressure and defensive stuff right.

Umpires kept GWS in the game via the 3rd quarter, so the goals of Bont and Gallagher to even it out a bit were huge, especially when you consider it was only 10-11 points with 10 minutes to go.

Tough work for the forwards, who only got warm late, but I don’t think they did a whole lot wrong in the process. Just a tricky day that suited defenders.

We bat a fair bit deeper than the Giants, which probably made the difference. Young guys in Freijah and Gallagher standing up at key stages was encouraging.

A bunch of Giants supporters just walked past me dressed in orange hi vis like traffic controllers. Cos that's their colour. It's not a good look.

Very good tactical performance - be prepared to give up the ball without the wind; pile on the pressure with the ball when the wind was at our backs.

Arty is a natural forward, VDM is not. And i don't mind VDM.

The single thunderstorm took one look at the Bont and said "nah I can't compete with that natural brilliance " and moved to the south.

At times our forwards looked poor, but it was a hard day out there. Either the ball was holding up in the breeze or pinging over their heads. There wasn't much silver service. I thought they completed well.

Some people seem to expect JUH to run around like he's 70kg. Jamarra is a big fella these days, he's packed on the muscle . He's goes alright.

It has been 25 years since I last saw us play in a non-Grand Final final. We lost to West Coast. I'll be safely at home in two weeks. I ain't jinxing us!

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if it’s been asked before but anyone have any idea on how many tickets you can purchase for the final on a social club membership? Reckon I need 4..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think they’ll be phased with the loss. It keeps them playing at least 2 finals in Sydney. A win could have sent them to play Port at AO

I am in Germany too - Hamburg. Great, listening to ABC radio coverage. Fantastisch.
Munich here, I got AFL overseas for a month, and managed to watch our games. The 4.30am start today was a bit tough. 😆

Joel Freijah’s mark in the last was absolutely huge. That ball goes to ground, Giants are only down by 6.

Can’t believe he slid to our pick.
Also what was really impressive was instead of just blasting away to nothing after taking the mark he called for a calm play which showed game smarts.

Even when we won the 4 in a row there were plenty on here calling for JOD and Freijah in place of Buku and Coffield. I worried we weren’t going to get those changes if we kept winning so glad we landed where we did while still making finals.

Margin flattered GWS today when you consider they got goals after the siren in bother Q1 and Q3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Bulldogs secure 6th place with a huge win against the Plastics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back