Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone hack your account Bill? or have you really lost trust in Scott?
No hack. Thought we would struggle this year but we are going to finish in the bottom 2. That's tough on any coach to survive. He needs to stop playing Swallow and get the kids in. Raynor is the silver lining. Hopefully.....

No hack. Thought we would struggle this year but we are going to finish in the bottom 2. That's tough on any coach to survive. He needs to stop playing Swallow and get the kids in. Raynor is the silver lining. Hopefully.....

Swallow is 30 and people carry on as if he is a laboring 40 year old.

Spitta isn't holding anyone up.

Exactly. Simpson Smart. Scotts Dumb. :stern look
Any chance we might also start rating performance of the coaches, they too should be accountable.

PS: North may have the money, but would Martin and/or Kelly really want to play under Scott? Scott not inspiring nor has he the runs on the board in relation to motivation and communication etc

Exactly. I want this thread to continue for another 3 years just like you, even at the detriment of our Football Club. :stern look

We will be top 4 if this thread exists in 3 years time.

Buckley and co. have immediately challenged the footy department and expect results.

Brad, Donald, Crock etc., aren't dealing with fanboy JB any longer.

Last edited:
Any chance we might also start rating performance of the coaches, they too should be accountable.

PS: North may have the money, but would Martin and/or Kelly really want to play under Scott? Scott not inspiring nor has he the runs on the board in relation to motivation and communication etc
It will make it more difficult to convince the likes of Kelly and Martin to come to North whilst we sit Second Last and their current sides occupy top 4 positions. Sure the money we are offering is enticing but we also need to sell a vision of our future. At least Scotts' is a terrific Snake Oil Salesman. :stern look

Buckley and co. have immediately challenged to footy department and expect results.

I hope you are right, am not sure of how you came to that conclusion? I want to believe you.

It will make it more difficult to convince the likes of Kelly and Martin to come to North whilst we sit Second Last and their current sides occupy top 4 positions. Sure the money we are offering is enticing but we also need to sell a vision of our future. At least Scotts' is a terrific Snake Oil Salesman. :stern look

I don't buy that at all. I reckon they have more common sense than that.

I assume they have more sense than to engage in some of the over the top defeatist thinking that goes on around here after a couple of losses.

I assume they have more sense than to engage in some of the over the top defeatist thinking that goes on around here after a couple of losses.

21 losses from 27 games is a few couples more than a couple :)

FWIW i am not stressed with where we currently sit, i was more concerned we'd win a few more games against fellow battlers and mask the truth.

I hope you are right, am not sure of how you came to that conclusion? I want to believe you.

Buckley & co. have challenged the footy club to be bold.

Buckley also revealed that late last year the North Melbourne board had “challenged’’ the football department to be bold in pursuing elite players from other clubs — a directive that has seen North’s huge money offers to out of contract stars Josh Kelly and Dustin Martin.

“Certainly as a board have encouraged the football department to think boldly and aggressively about the way they go about putting a competitive team on the field,” Buckley said.

We set that challenge to them towards the end of last season. They came back to the board with a clear very strategy and a very clear agenda about what they wanted to achieve over the next three to five years. The board endorsed that.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/no...a/news-story/9fb2141c122566d5e3e24834f0a18525

Buckley is an internationally renowned business and sports administrator. He is not ****ing around. He will not tolerate bullshit.

21 losses from 27 games is a few couples more than a couple

You don't think this can be simply explained?

1) 2016: Take 6-10 of the best 22 out of any side for half the season and see what happens
2) 2017: Does it really need explaining? Does anyone think the footy dept. aren't utilising the back half of the season to experiment? FFS, they have even come out and publicly stated as much.

Winning is not the overriding priority in 2017.

1) 2016: Take 10 of the best 22 out of any side for half the season and see what happens
2) 2017: Does it really need explaining. Does anyone think the footy dept. aren't utilising the back half of the season to experiment? FFS, they have even come out and publicly stated as much.

Well said.

This thread needs more Snake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do players change clubs? Money. Success. Fresh Start. Second Chance. Homesickness.

How many top line players have gone to bottom / start up clubs since Free Agency? Ablett? If it was me I'd not only want the money but the vision of success. Sitting 17th makes it more difficult to sell a promising vision of the future. You surely can't deny that. :stern look

Why do players change clubs? Money. Success. Fresh Start. Second Chance. Homesickness.

Money and home sickness are the overriding factors in your list.

How many top line players have gone to bottom / start up clubs since Free Agency? Ablett? If it was me I'd not only want the money but the vision of success. Sitting 17th makes it more difficult to sell a promising vision of the future. You surely can't deny that. :stern look

Judd (Carlton more likely than just about every other vic club? Nope)
Wells (Collingwood more likely than several others? Nope)
O'Meara (Hawthorn more likely than several others? Nope)
Mitchell (Hawthorn more likely than Sydney? Nope)
Dangerfield (Geelong more likely than Adelaide? Nope)

I could go on and on.

I think you have a poor understanding of the reality of the rest of the competitions lists and our list.

We have effectively bottomed out yet been competitive in most of our games in 2017.

There is **** all difference between our current best 22 and the sides sitting 6 to 8.

Wells (Carlton more likely than several others? Nope)

I could go on and on.

I think you have a poor understanding of the reality of the rest of the competitions lists and our list.

We have effectively bottomed out yet been competitive in most of our games in 2017.

There is **** all difference between our current best 22 and the sides sitting 6 to 8.

Go Snake...go snake....go snake...!

1) 2016: Take 6-10 of the best 22 out of any side for half the season and see what happens
2) 2017: Does it really need explaining? Does anyone think the footy dept. aren't utilising the back half of the season to experiment? FFS, they have even come out and publicly stated as much.

Hang on mate , the coach said two weeks ago finals were still our aim. And i have it on good authority we are deadset trying to win every game. Will say it again i am happy with where we currently sit. And i agree we are thereabouts for the bottom half of the eight. And that is our problem, we have been stuck in no mans land for to long.

I dont want Scott sacked because we are 17th i wanted him sacked when we are 8th and campaigners celebrate that like it is some sort of measure of success.

If Scott drops Daw who was piss poor for say Hansen, your whole arguement goes out tge window. Lets see Wednesday when the side is selecyed.... i mean Thursday at 6:30 pm.

Wells (Collingwood more likely than several others? Nope)

I could go on and on.

Turn it up Tef. You certainly have a way of going off tangent to put forward your argument.

What I'm saying is IT BECOMES MORE DIFFICULT to sell a future of success at our club if we are sitting 17th. Not impossible. :stern look

I don't disagree with the notion that we have capable players on our list. At the start of the season I felt we should still make the 8. Why do you think I've been so down on Scotts? Sure now sitting 17th it's time to build experience within our playing list and position ourselves in the draft to reload. But how low do you go before you start putting doubts in our targets heads? The funny thing is I don't think that this is by Scotts design. Why play Thomas who has hardly played over the last couple of months if you don't want to win? :stern look

Oh yeah and the list of players that moved to lesser clubs mentioned above is laughable.

With Judd, he had already captained a Premiership Winning Side and came back to Melbourne due to homesickness. The money then determined which Melbourne club that would be.

Wells did go for the coin but he is 30 something with his career close to the end. Our targets aren't in that age bracket.

O'Meara? LOL. C'mon mate. From where Hawthorn were at compared to the GC when he made the move? Other clubs weren't keen to punt on O'Meara.

Mitchell went for the coin but the promise of success was still there at Hawthorn when he made the shift.

Danger left Adelaide to go back to Geelong for Family reasons. No doubt he could have got more coin at other clubs if money was his primary motive for switching clubs.

I await your response. I can do this all day. :stern look

That could be a fair point but...

This season is very close.

We have a side that struggles in particular areas - specifically in the midfield wrt to spread, pace etc. You (Josh) and one of these (insert Dusty, Zac Jones, Hopper etc) players would immediately change that balance and help us improve the likes of Mountford, J Williams, j Simpkin simply by having them play in the same side as you. We have young mids on the horizon who would benefit immeasurably from your mentoring.

Your skill, and more importantly your understanding of the game could provide us with some of the leadership we need to begin a dominant era the likes of which we haven't seen since the 90s and the 70s. We believe in you and know you could help build a future at this club (one you've had a lifelong relationship with,) that is talked about for decades ever after. The offer is for the rest of your footy career because we want you here the way we did when you were drafted.

We want success and we will have it one way or the other. We'd just prefer to do it with you, here where you've always belonged.

What do you say?

Buckley and co. have immediately challenged the footy department and expect results.

Donald hasn't been part of the football department for a few years. The ones to challenge are Brad and Cam Joyce. I'd also have the blow torch on anyone with "development" in their job title.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/no...k=64331e468f09365b89e0012fa420b46c-1498963435

'Brad was a principal architect of the plan that we have in place at the moment, I know he’s very committed to it, I know he’s very enthusiastic about it.'

Well it's great that his first plan during his initial tenure at the club was so successful then. That gives me a lot of confidence about his new plan... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

He has to go. He's a good guy and has been a great 'face' for the club, but simply, he does not deserve another chance at a rebuild. Because that's what it is. We're not in a reset, or anything like that, this is a proper rebuild and Scott has shown that he is completely incapable of building, developing and coaching a premiership standard list.

People complaining that Brad played Swallow are kidding themselves, More benefit in dropping Dumont then allowing him to play with little form. The biggest indictment on Brad should be that Pruess has not had a look in. Also yesterday there was some solid signs that he has improved as a coach, genuinely made an effort to move players around like putting Thomas down back.

Now this does not mean that Brad has been good enough to stay any longer, but I just can't see how you can blame him for yesterdays result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back