Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on mate , the coach said two weeks ago finals were still our aim. And i have it on good authority we are deadset trying to win every game. Will say it again i am happy with where we currently sit. And i agree we are thereabouts for the bottom half of the eight. And that is our problem, we have been stuck in no mans land for to long.

Of course they are trying to win, but if winning was the number one priority we would still have another 5 x 30 year olds in the team.

The only thing I am interested in winning is premierships. Changes had to be made.

If Scott drops Daw who was piss poor for say Hansen, your whole arguement goes out tge window. Lets see Wednesday when the side is selecyed.... i mean Thursday at 6:30 pm.

Lachie Hansen is a better footballer than Daw. Period.

Daw is 26 and anyone who thinks he needs senior games to "develop" needs their heads read.

The rotation of these two players rationalises nothing other than wanting the better player in the side.

Last edited:
Turn it up Tef. You certainly have a way of going off tangent to put forward your argument.

What I'm saying is IT BECOMES MORE DIFFICULT to sell a future of success at our club if we are sitting 17th. Not impossible. :stern look

I don't disagree with the notion that we have capable players on our list. At the start of the season I felt we should still make the 8. Why do you think I've been so down on Scotts? Sure now sitting 17th it's time to build experience within our playing list and position ourselves in the draft to reload. But how low do you go before you start putting doubts in our targets heads? The funny thing is I don't think that this is by Scotts design. Why play Thomas who has hardly played over the last couple of months if you don't want to win? :stern look

Oh yeah and the list of players that moved to lesser clubs mentioned above is laughable.

With Judd, he had already captained a Premiership Winning Side and came back to Melbourne due to homesickness. The money then determined which Melbourne club that would be.

Wells did go for the coin but he is 30 something with his career close to the end. Our targets aren't in that age bracket.

O'Meara? LOL. C'mon mate. From where Hawthorn were at compared to the GC when he made the move? Other clubs weren't keen to punt on O'Meara.

Mitchell went for the coin but the promise of success was still there at Hawthorn when he made the shift.

Danger left Adelaide to go back to Geelong for Family reasons. No doubt he could have got more coin at other clubs if money was his primary motive for switching clubs.

You have effectively turned your own logic inside out with your analysis of these players.

North WILL land 2 x big name midfielders over the next 2 seasons, even if we finish 18th in 2017.

I await your response. I can do this all day. :stern look

Good for you. I went to the pub & had a barbie and you still don't make sense.

You have effectively turned your own logic inside out with your analysis of these players.
Turn it up! When struggling to respond you become dismissive as evidenced by your post above. I made perfect sense. Very rarely do very good players switch from good sides to 17th placed teams. :stern look

North WILL land 2 x big name midfielders over the next 2 seasons, even if we finish 18th in 2017.
I hope you're right. But admit it. Languishing down the bottom of the ladder makes it "more difficult" to entice big name midfielders. :stern look

Good for you. I went to the pub & had a barbie and you still don't make sense.
Ha so yah got on the piss. Nice. I went out and worked on my fitness with repeat climbs up Mt Macedon. Scotts take note. :stern look

Of course they are trying to win, but if winning was the number one priority we would still have another 5 x 30 year olds in the team.

The only thing I am interested in winning is premierships. Changes had to be made.

Lachie Hansen is a better footballer than Daw. Period.

Daw is 26 and anyone who thinks he needs senior games to "develop" needs their heads read.

The rotation of these two players rationalises nothing other than wanting the better player in the side.

Fair point on the first and I agree that it would seem we have moved from winning is everything, although we may say it from time to time.

Second bit we see to eye- premierships or GTFO.

Third bit poppycock, every single god damned footballer improves with opportunity and not having the thought of being cut hanging over their heads. Whether he makes it time will tell, playing Lachie who I used and admit wasn't the best example as he won't be at North in 2018 if we can help it.

He's also shit.

Add him and THompson in the same back line and we are two parts to the three Stooges..

CM01.png

*popcorn.gif*

Fair enough....

“Brad’s committed, we’re committed to Brad. In the future at some point we will have to sit down and have an honest conversation, and we’ll do that in due course, but it’s way too premature to start talking about anything beyond next year.”

Just need to know the meaning of due course :p

Turn it up! When struggling to respond you become dismissive as evidenced by your post above. I made perfect sense. Very rarely do very good players switch from good sides to 17th placed teams. :stern look

I hope you're right. But admit it. Languishing down the bottom of the ladder makes it "more difficult" to entice big name midfielders. :stern look

I am not going to engage in the infantile exercise of being corralled with the number "17". You start out by listing a scenario of some of the variables that lead to player movements and then try to pin your entire premise down on the number 17. 17 is an arbitrary number, nothing more. You don't have a point mate.

I am not going to engage in the infantile exercise of being corralled with the number "17". You start out by listing a scenario of some of the variables that lead to player movements and then try to pin your entire premise down on the number 17. 17 is an arbitrary number, nothing more. You don't have a point mate.
You're already engaged. You can't help yourself. :smirk look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sorry i cannot like your post i have been told off for posting that pic ( in fairness i may have over done it) so i promised to never do it again. But i gather you made no such promise? I did lol though.
How can one possibly over do posting that pic?? It never gets old and never fails to make one laugh!

Excellent comments by the Chairman - confirms what most of us have been saying for some time - Brad is the coach for now, this season and next season. Anything beyond that is dependent upon how things pan out over the next 12 months....as it should be.

These comments make sure we don't have to put up with the distraction of ..will he/won't he...but at the same time makes sure we don't commit to any extension before we need to.

Perfectly put in my mind - well done Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back